Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I enjoyed watching a couple of SDGs videos, they have a nice relaxing vibe to them, didn't watch any D4 videos tho

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just realized that Larian can now claim that this game was released as a PC-exclusive, just like the Divinity: Original Sin games. Codex credibility maintained!

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
For the people who played the EA what is the tone of the game like? Is it as light hearted and faggoty as Divinity Original Sin 2? It looked a bit light hearted but I think even just a bit of a darker tone would be a huge plus.

Varnaan

Augur
For the people who played the EA what is the tone of the game like? Is it as light hearted and faggoty as Divinity Original Sin 2? It looked a bit light hearted but I think even just a bit of a darker tone would be a huge plus.
I don't know what you people mean by light-hearted anymore but the tone is grimmer AD&D.
It has literally nothing to do with Original Sin besides being isometric 3d.

I'm not particularly invested with the current companions to begin with, but I have no idea who the hell at Larian thought that swapping from this character model

304-1647203821-1260014624.png

...to this one...

53004412459_a00ad54bec_h.jpg

...was anywhere close to an improvement.

It goes to confirm that someone in that studio has bad taste pretty much across the board.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not particularly invested with the current companions to begin with, but I have no idea who the hell at Larian thought that swapping from this character model

...to this one...

It goes to confirm that someone in that studio has bad taste pretty much across the board.

...I'm not sure the Codexers who complain about ugly women in videogames are going to agree with you about this!

They turned her from an angry sidecut chick into a succubus waifu.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

...to this one...

Somebody call up the Paladins, there's some fiendish ass to smite.

MerchantKing

Learned

...to this one...

...I'm not sure the Codexers who complain about ugly women in videogames are going to agree with you about this!

But she's still ugly!

Larianshill

Arbiter
so whats the difference between monk subclasses
I can't speak for BG3, because Larian flat out said they'll homebrew the shit out of monk. I'll speak of how the subclasses are in the tabletop.

Open Hand is the "default" DnD monk. He punches people really good, and he can punch people across the room or knock them down on the ground. His capstone is the exploding heart technique.
Shadow monk is the ninja. He is edgy, he can become invisible in the darkness and teleport through shadows. He is really good at disabling spellcasters, because he can cast Darkness and Silence with Ki.
Four elements monk is Avatar: the Last Airbender. Except he sucks, and your elemental abilities are way too expensive for what they do.

What's up with mongoloids posting reactions to the pictures rather than speaking their minds clearly?

Also, haircut aside (which is the exact same, as I already pointed), a lot of Codexers saying some of the most retarded stuff isn't exactly earth-shattering news.

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher

...to this one...

Average Codexer upon learning the manly "chick" they planned to romance now looks less like a dude.

Though I'm forced to agree somewhat, the bottom picture looks like something out of a "more beautiful X" mod pack. Oh well...

I've steadfastly avoided most info about the game since early shots and the cinematic focus (as well as the overall aesthetic) were giving me a distinct DAI vibe, which was certainly offputting. We''ll see if Larian has managed to make something decent soon I suppose.

I wasn’t actually “planning to romance” anyone, you fucking sad and desperate wankers.

I’m just saying that the new “more feminine model” looks like some half-assed shit from a low tier asset farm and not a good fit for what the character is supposed to be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom