Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Again, as per business rules coming from Wizards, any D&D adaptation has to make use of the current D&D system.
Just 60-67 more years until it's in the public domain!

MerchantKing

Learned
what gnome?
The one who died of too many turnips shoved up his vault.
You wouldn't hurt a gnome would you?
you already asked on previous account. answer remains same - why not? it's easy and profitable.
Cool it with the antisemitic remarks.
pity you can't sell his equip because it's some useless shit.
Sounds like a skill issue on your part.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
what gnome?
you already asked on previous account. answer remains same - why not? it's easy and profitable.
קוש מיין טאָכעס
What are those demonic inscriptions?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
what gnome?
קוש מיין טאָכעס
What are those demonic inscriptions?
Antisemitic remarks. Also google translate, lazybones.

Again, as per business rules coming from Wizards, any D&D adaptation has to make use of the current D&D system.
Just 60-67 more years until it's in the public domain!
The thing that will enter the public domain will be the physical book that contained the 1st edition rules and etc. Not D&D in on itself, and most likely not the entire ruleset it describes.
Edit: and that's only considering them not renewing or republishing the book in some kinda "oldies" line or whatever.

MerchantKing

Learned
what gnome?
קוש מיין טאָכעס
No. But your government will continue forcing you to kiss my ass instead.

Reinhardt

Arcane
what gnome?
קוש מיין טאָכעס
you are not real gnome, just some shitty halforc.

MerchantKing

Learned
what gnome?
קוש מיין טאָכעס
Sounds like cope on your part.

Reinhardt

Arcane
what gnome?
קוש מיין טאָכעס
if only. halforcs are annoying - you have to stuff them into magical oven one by one. :negative:

MerchantKing

Learned
what gnome?
קוש מיין טאָכעס
if only. halforcs are annoying - you have to stuff them into magical oven one by one. :negative:
I'm not a half-orc. I'm a gnome. Why are you goyim so retarded? It must be the inferior genetics.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Is class salad still the name of the game as far as efficiency is concerned in this edition? If so, does the level 12 cap rein it in?

356813874-286829747220808-6039518452009504479-n.jpg

Does the game allow companion multi classing?
No one knows for sure at this point, but since they confirmed multiclassing being a thing, it's not unlikely.

Companions already hint at some class combinations, so it wouldn't be unlikely to be able to change them. I doubt they're hardcoding that anyways.

Shrimp

Liturgist
Jaheira was a Fighter/Druid in the originals so I assume this also will be the case in BG3 unless she canonically is something else now.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
pity you can't sell his equip because it's some useless shit.
You say it's useless shit, but with enough debuffs, it can stun dragons.

Although, it is nostalgic the way were thought of back then: you have friendly "thieves" for a good-aligned party, you have Jan for the neutrals... and then they assumed you're going to roll a rogue as an evil character.

Ahhh... those were the days.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Okay, so with the release date nearing, its time to decide what to play.
1688365731857224.jpg

Post Race, Class, Weapon, Alignment, Party, Romance and Character Customization.

inb4 there's no such thing as alignment, clearly you will prefer to play a certain way to have a meaningful character
inb4 i dont know what weapons there are, clearly you will start the game with a certain ideal plan in mind and adapt as it goes

With the way all skills appear in the dialogue trees, I'm not sure the CHA heavy protagonist is necessary, so my original Bard plan might be replaced by something else.

Delterius

Arcane
torn between Warlock and Sorcerer. depends entirely on how much Warlock reactivity there is, since Wyll is gonna have a ton of it by virtue of being a companion and I don't wanna suck by comparison. Archfey vs Wild Magic for subclasses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom