Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Larianshill

Arbiter

Herumor

Scholar
Whatever is the end game of BG3 I'm pretty confident it will involve the Dead Three before everything is said and done.
I mean, it's easy to see that the Absolute is just the three of them working again on something. The cult symbol is just their own three symbols (Bhaal's skull, Bane's black hand and Myrkul's triangle) combined:

VNP9Oxn.png

Delterius

Arcane
Would it be really that far fetched for the Dead Three to start spawning new progeny for whatever schemes they might have?
thats kinda silly innit. if bhaal could just spawn kids from beyond the grave he wouldn't have birthed them before dying.

plot twist, the tadpoles are aumanatorspawn and now so are you

Herumor

Scholar
if bhaal could just spawn kids from beyond the grave he wouldn't have birthed them before dying.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Bhaal has been back for a while now, though not to full deity/divine being status. And Bhaal didn't give birth to anyone, he fathered the children on various women.

Mojobeard

Augur
I hate how dragonborn look in 5e.
Historically (they used to look better) or generally (they just look like crap)? Because didn't they look the same in 4e? Where they even a thing before that, because I can't remember.
I do remember the draconians from Dragonlance, with the small wings. Those were cool.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

MerchantKing

Learned
Imoen romance mod
some say the tadpole wrote that one

It was Sven all time, then as a humble moder....
making esoteric belgian edutainment games by day, making weird fetish mods by night

Making esoteric Belgian edutainment games from government funds to sustain hobby as weird fetish mods creator by night*
And now he's making a fetish game! It's this one!

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Cannot wait to dual wield in The Elder's Scrolls V Skyrim

I mean in Balders Gate. Gotta start dual wielding on you fucker, spin it right up your ass, very exciting. It deals more damage. Think about it. Think about it real hard. Two swords is more than one. Sure the historical sword realism crowd will dsagree, but they do not know anything about exciting. Get on that dual wield excitement train shithead. Dealing more damage, physical damage, emotional damage, all of it

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I mean in Balders Gate. Gotta start dual wielding on you fucker, spin it right up your ass, very exciting. It deals more damage. Think about it. Think about it real hard. Two swords is more than one. Sure the historical sword realism crowd will dsagree, but they do not know anything about exciting. Get on that dual wield excitement train shithead. Dealing more damage, physical damage, emotional damage, all of it
You starting to sound like an old man. Make sure you don't get too excited grandpa, or you'll cream too hard playing Bladder's Gait.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Imoen romance mod

making esoteric belgian edutainment games by day, making weird fetish mods by night

Making esoteric Belgian edutainment games from government funds to sustain hobby as weird fetish mods creator by night*

Turn-based fetish game*

Imoen romance mod

Turn-based fetish game*

How DARE you have your name when King Crispy is an admin here?

s-l1200.webp

FPnYu8CXoAspY_7

FPnYx9_XsAQIAx0
FPnY-FoWQAE261H

Jackpot

Learned
Reading through lore of the forgotten realms in preparation for playing this game is funny.
"Hey look here's this giant cataclysmic event that changes the entire universe, and the timeline skips 100 years"
"Oh and then there's a second cataclysmic event that actually retcons 90% of the first one, and the timeline skips 100 years again for good measure."

I've never seen such a blatant fuck-up in a setting just from reading wiki articles before. It's funnier not knowing the context at all too.
I can just imagine the shitstorm from the first decision that caused the giant backpedal of the second one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom