Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Larianshill

Arbiter
Yes. In BG3, Totem Warrior is renamed into Wildheart. We can expect the same from One DnD. In One DnD, Ki was renamed into Martial Discipline. We can expect the same to happen in BG3. The funny thing is, despite this attempt to divorce Monk from the magic oriental martial artist trope, they've actually made not a single other effort. Monk's subclasses are still a kung fu master, a ninja and the Last Airbender respectively, and the art they've used for Monk depicts an asian as well. Why did they even bother to rename Ki is an open question.

gongal

Scholar
Nice to see they went full schizo degen mode with the new character creation. Shouldn't have played past 2 hours in EA, fucks sake these fucking clowns...

Larianshill

Arbiter
1fBeYnK.png

Muscular body types added.

Herumor

Scholar
At least there's the strong body type. It would have been weird to play as a skinny version of a Barbarian or Paladin.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I once asked Josh Sawyer in a livestream whether he thought BG3's lack of visual customization in character creation was something he approved of.

He said that he suspected they might end up adding it in the end.

Points to him, but it's still not full-scale Bethesda-style facegen, which is what I was really referring to. +M

Barbarian

Arcane
Look at those skinny arms on Swen.

You have to be a faggot not to lift this day and age. Embarrassing.

Shrimp

Liturgist
Unless I misheard what they said just now, act 1 apparently has 33% more dialogue compared to the EA build because they've added additional reactivity to your class/race in various dialogues.
Seems pretty crazy to me considering how much reactivity it already seemed to have.

Barbarian

Arcane
I doubt they add enough reactivity to e.g: playing a dragonborn or drow.

These races make sense for companions and that is it.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
At least there's the strong body type. It would have been weird to play as a skinny version of a Barbarian or Paladin.
Yeah but they also allowed Elves to be swole. Crime against nature.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Wyll was completely rewritten. Probably a good idea, he is the least interesting character in the game so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom