Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saravan

Savant
BG3 is such a "steaming pile of shit" even the biggest haters are going to play it.

I'm a fcking mastermind
It's because they are mad it's not the right kind of degenerate waifu shit, not that the concept itself should be deleted from existence. Give me the LotR bros party.

Gargaune

Arcane
In war, standing in formations, yes. After a certain point in time those became dominant. The situation we players are in is usually not on a battlefield though.
There's little point debating it because the D&D concept of an "adventurer" is entirely ahistorical in and of itself, the closest analogue would be a small time bandit. The medieval and ancient worlds did have a notion of the "adventurer", but it might've referred to the likes of Alexander the Great, Crusader princes or Norman mercenary lords stealing parts of Italy for themselves - i.e. warlords with their own personal armies plundering far-off lands and establishing fiefdoms for themselves, not a couple of jerkoffs who go spelunking in full plate. The seminal image of the solitary itinerant knight, roaming the realm and doing chivalrous deeds, is merely a romanticisation of the freelancer who'd join in such "adventuring" armies.

The reason I bring it up is because much of the weapons and armour we see in D&D is inspired by medieval warfare equipment, the sort designed for fighting large unit engagements, and would be entirely unsuitable for the aforementioned couple of jerkoffs. Medieval armies marched with a baggage train and an extensive support contingent of non-combatants, they weren't post-Marian Roman legions. As much as I love full plate armour, it was incredibly expensive, required extensive maintenance, help and time to equip, it was a burden to carry etc., and the fantasy of the small-time D&D adventurer looting ancient tombs while decked in a Maximilian harness is just that - a fantasy.

I feel the dark urge rising.
Don't do it, The Dark Urge is still an origin character, you're just playing into Swen's hands! Do the right thing, murder all the companions and roll your own custom henchmen - no backtalk, no "funny", just point and cli... Oh wait, poor choice of words.

Rhobar121

Scholar
The number of fetishes I've found so far in Baldur's Gate 3.
  • Foot fetish
  • Bestiality
  • Mind Break
  • Submission
  • Cuckoldry
  • Polyamory
  • Yaoi/Fujoshi
  • Femdom
Fuck, Wrath of the Righteous looks like a fucking nunnery compared to this pride parade of a game.
Oh, I doubt that's true. You had that handicapped couple at Kingsmaker.
In WoR you definitely have:
1) Cannibalism (literally all female characters)
2) Furries
Given that the last companion added was the Shifter, I'd bet there's plenty of hints at best.
The only difference between Owlcat and Larian is that Larian has more money.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder what the completion rates of this game will be. I have a feeling 99% of the people brought in by the hype won't be finishing this game or even the first act.

Harthwain

Magister
There's little point debating it because the D&D concept of an "adventurer" is entirely ahistorical in and of itself, the closest analogue would be a small time bandit.
More like a mercenary. Which, by the way, is how Icewind Dale games portrayed its adventurers (with Icewind Dale II straight up offering pre-made mercenary companies).

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
I wonder what the completion rates of this game will be. I have a feeling 99% of the people brought in by the hype won't be finishing this game or even the first act.
Their not. Instead they are just going to go straight to the sex or download weird sex mods on Nexus or Lovers Lab until they get sore in both their arms from jerking off. This game will be this generations Skyrim in terms of sex mods and degeneracy.

Shrimp

Liturgist
Probably pretty low honestly. Completion rates for all CRPGs with trackable stats (Steam achievements and something similar) are usually fairly low. If I recall correctly both the Pathfinder and Original Sin games have something like 10% completion

Rhobar121

Scholar
Most people don't even finish short games, and the number of people who finish RPGs lasting 100h+ is much smaller.
Such WoR has a whole 11% completion. Not even 1/3 of players reached Arx in DoS2 and only 18.5% completed the game in story mode.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The number of fetishes I've found so far in Baldur's Gate 3.
  • Foot fetish
  • Bestiality
  • Mind Break
  • Submission
  • Cuckoldry
  • Polyamory
  • Yaoi/Fujoshi
  • Femdom
Fuck, Wrath of the Righteous looks like a fucking nunnery compared to this pride parade of a game.

Oh boy, the NTR fans are gonna love this one! Time to start a f95 thread!

Wunderbar

Arcane
I suggest everyone to offer some custom steam tags.

Doing that wouldn't even be considered a tag trolling. Think of all the innocent gamers whom you're going to save from riding the bull.

r6VKVsl.png

Rhobar121

Scholar

Doing that wouldn't even be considered a tag trolling. Think of all the innocent gamers whom you're going to save from riding the bull.

r6VKVsl.png
Honestly, it's a bit childish. It won't hurt the game's sales in any way (I think this might boost sales even more) and just shows some players as a bunch of hysterics.

Wunderbar

Arcane

r6VKVsl.png
Honestly, it's a bit childish. It won't hurt the game's sales in any way (I think this might boost sales even more) and just shows some players as a bunch of hysterics.

I'm not suggesting adding custom tags as a way to get back at Swen, if anything it may actually increase sales due to the extra exposure.

But it would be more honest this way. The game should wear this bear thing on its sleeve.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Is being able to respect companions really such a problem? It's not like you have to do that.
If they didn't give that option people would still do it with mods or not.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Is being able to respect companions really such a problem? It's not like you have to do that.
Yeah, just pointless to bitch about it. It's a fucking SP game.

It's lame because it adds up to other features that seem to be aimed at minimizing the weight of what should be permanent decisions and make characters and races devoid of any identity.

Respec is one thing, being able to change entirely the starting class, race or sex of a character is a whole other level of "It's just a game, everything is fake and nothing really matters".

Yosharian

Arcane
Late Bloomer I look forward to your explanation then because every single source I could find on the net tells me that the spear was

1) easy to produce
2) easy to train people to use

and that's why it was used so much

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Yeah, just pointless to bitch about it. It's a fucking SP game.
Too bad you can't make the companions not-shit anyway.
Still have hope that we might get some normal looking ones in the later acts. But yeah, companion-wise, the game does not look good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom