Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaska

Novice
I just crossed an italian preview/interview with the game designer where this absolute fool brags about their bold idea of removing any stat requirement for multiclassing.
If this was bad in itself, what followed was the dimwit bragging about how they "reworked the assignment of spells and spell slots" to not make these poor multiclassing underdogs lag behind the privileged single-class players that were unlocking high level spells faster.

I'm starting to thin these people couldn't design a competent subsystem (or even just a decent homebrew rule) even if their entire lives depended on it.

This Nick might be a retard or the interviewer is. He talks about how Pact of the Blade lacked an extra attack. This is not true, you got it as a invocation at level 5. Perhaps this is marketing talk for imbeciles, but I don’t know. Not a good look. The multiclassing buffs are also senseless. It doesn’t need any buffs.

BruceVC

Magister
Sooo, other than novellas tier romances and naked butts, what about the rest of the game? You know, the BALDUR'S GATE part.
Anything new on that front?
If you had bothered to read this thread then you would know that several videos have been posted that include real mechanics and exciting content

Here is video that has already been posted

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok breaking from the gay bear butt sex. So besides weapons BG3 having their own moves, combat having some focus of using the scenario(but same could be said in a regular 5e depending on the dm) and multiclass not having requirements, what else Larian changed from 5e?
Off the top of my head the most heinous shit should be:
  • Using consumables is a Bonus Action for everyone;
  • Shove is a Bonus Action for everyone and it's not Knock Prone / Push 5-foot but Push for a huge distance scaling with charachter Strength;
  • Wizards can learn divine spells from scrolls, including healing ones;
  • Characters can be healed from a distance via throwing potions near them (throwing directly at them causes blunt damage with the risk of killing dying allies); there isn't an option to "Heal Other" with a consumable like in Solasta;
  • Characters can freely swap equipped weapons without penalties; picking stuff from the ground was also completely free iirc.
To me each and any of these points would be much more worth cutting Larian devs' throats (in-game) rather than an optional joke scene.

What the bloody fuck...

Saravan

Savant
I just crossed an italian preview/interview with the game designer where this absolute fool brags about their bold idea of removing any stat requirement for multiclassing.
If this was bad in itself, what followed was the dimwit bragging about how they "reworked the assignment of spells and spell slots" to not make these poor multiclassing underdogs lag behind the privileged single-class players that were unlocking high level spells faster.

I'm starting to thin these people couldn't design a competent subsystem (or even just a decent homebrew rule) even if their entire lives depended on it.
Wow, that and being able to re-spec companions from the ground-up is completely retarded. Goddamn people are allergic to committing to a plan.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
It is amazing to me the amount of people defending the gay bear sex scene. Even on more Right-leaning forums you are seeing people say; "LMAO! You are all a bunch of prudes! Everybody does this at their tables! Nobody likes boring vanilla sexual encounters!" This really speaks to the utter rot that is in the TTRPG community. This is what happens when you don't gatekeep.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It is amazing to me the amount of people defending the gay bear sex scene. Even on more Right-leaning forums you are seeing people say; "LMAO! You are all a bunch of prudes! Everybody does this at their tables!" This really speaks to the utter rot that is in the TTRPG community. This is what happens when you don't gatekeep.
D&D 5E is an abomination. No wonder there is so much degenerate stuff.
Magical realm!!!

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
It is amazing to me the amount of people defending the gay bear sex scene. Even on more Right-leaning forums you are seeing people say; "LMAO! You are all a bunch of prudes! Everybody does this at their tables!" This really speaks to the utter rot that is in the TTRPG community. This is what happens when you don't gatekeep.
D&D 5E is an abomination. No wonder there is so much degenerate stuff.
Magical realm!!!
I don't think a bunch of 14 year olds in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00's were roleplaying the Kama Sutra instead of having cool adventures and slaying dragons. Yet according to everyone who is defending this fetish buffet of a game everyone explored kink and fetishes at their tables and those that didn't are That Guy prudes who don't know how to have fun. It is all so tiresome.

Saravan

Savant
Maybe I'm overreacting but no opportunity cost for multiclassing actually kills the game for me. I could live with almost everything else that is also retarded, such as no stat requirements for multiclassing or not locking the attribute bonuses for races. But this shit is fundamentally broken.

Darth Valer

Literate
Maybe I'm overreacting but no opportunity cost for multiclassing actually kills the game for me. I could live with almost everything else that is also retarded, such as no stat requirements for multiclassing or not locking the attribute bonuses for races. But this shit is fundamentally broken.
There's a mod called "DnD Rebalancing Mod" that tries to implement as much of the tabletop rules into the game as possible. I'll probably use it from the first run since some of the Larian homebrew rules are unbearable.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
A lot of the new threads on the game's sub are about romances. People want to romance the hirelings, they want orgies, they want threesomes, they want polyamory, they want to fuck this and that.

Larian knew what they were doing by focusing so many resources on romances, there's a big community that plays RPGs just due to romances, because that's the only way they can actually have sex in their lives.

It's not the normies that ruin games, it's the weirdos who can't have relationships or friendships in real life that fuck everything up with their degeneracy.

Reinhardt

Arcane
A lot of the new threads on the game's sub are about romances. People want to romance the hirelings, they want orgies, they want threesomes, they want polyamory, they want to fuck this and that.

Larian knew what they were doing by focusing so many resources on romances, there's a big community that plays RPGs just due to romances, because that's the only way they can actually have sex in their lives.

It's not the normies that ruin games, it's the weirdos who can't have relationships or friendships in real life that fuck everything up with their degeneracy.
well, just look at codex. we have few bg3 romance threads too, including this one.

Saravan

Savant
Romances are non-issue because they can be ignored. Any retard who cries about this shit outs themselves as degenerate that wants to participate in their chosen degenerate version of romance. The only exception is if someone criticises the concept of romance in RPG:s, this is based and encouraged.

You can't ignore combat systems, like making fundamental changes to how multiclassing work. Especially if higher difficulties are balanced around them.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
I don't think the problem is the disgusteries you're allowed to perform in game tbh. I don't personally care if they allowed you to rape a whole 6th grade class on a field trip to a petting zoo before setting them on fire. I didn't care that grand theft auto allowed you to cave a grandma's head in with a bat on her way home from her shopping trip. Or how you could urinate in someone's mouth in Postal 2, then drench them in gasoline and throw a match while they were busy puking.

To me, the problem is the delivery of everything with the redditor-esque writing / dialogue and gay as fuck art style. I would much prefer to be made sick from disbelief at the atrocious acts in a game than cringing out of my skin at how unbelievably lame everyone and everything is. It's *really* annoying that if you're foolish enough to try out any modern rpg, you spend half the play time with your controller set down, eyes shut, slowly rubbing your temples. Trying to get the cringe out of your system before you can continue. It would be impossible to enjoy even the most mechanically fun game on the planet in this manner.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
its a single player game balance dont matter
just dont use it
fucking hell I hate some of the arguments in this thread. I was kinda looking forward for figuring out builds even when some of the mechanics are pretty retarded but this would ruin that for me. oh well maybe mods will fix it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom