Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
My opinion: The Ring of the Ram is probably the most OP, because it can damage a Demi-Lich, interrupt spellcasting and push it. (also 5d6 dmg is pretty good, too)
Don't the liches just die from two flame strikes or whatever you call that pillar of fire spell cleric's have and that one sword lets you cast x amount of times a day. Regardless of what spell defenses they have up?
If they see you, they're probably going to cast Spell Trap, in which case, you might want to cast other stuff, so you don't waste your spells. If they don't see you, then it's a waste to use the spells, when you can just have your martial classes crush them.

Either way, superfluous.

In the case of Kangaxx, he will glitch if he doesn't see anyone. His dialogue won't trigger upon his... first death (?). Technically second, because mortal... lich... then demi-lich. Anyway, semantics aside, you need to have 1 character he can address when you dismantle him the first time. In which case, you can do whatever you want. Personally, I like you use Khelben's to take his stuff off, first. Then a sequencer to take of his physical protections, and then let the martials whack at him.

Then when he gets back up, use Melf's Meteors + both Rings of the Ram. (yes, I like to "cheat" and get two - sue me)

If you play your cards right, and if you maybe have some anti-undead weapons, he should be dead before he does any major damage. Obviously, Prot. from Abj. on whoever he has aggro on. We wouldn't want unnecessary 9th level spell slots wasted, right? Also... his imprisonments can sometimes break romances. Like Jaheira's. If you care about that sort of thing.
just plant traps where he spawns and traps sligthly off to kill his second form. why dirty your hands on some hobo?
people chimp at dos barrelmancy when bg2 was MUCH more degenerate. your rogue carried bunch of super barrels in his pockets.

Darth Valer

Literate
I'm unironically interested in making an application for Larian's studio in Barcelona in a couple years since a friend of mine tried it and asked me for help given my "expertise" in cRPGs and the tasks he got were pretty cool. He had to develop a pseudocode algorithm for determining the priority in cutscenes to play out when resting at Camp and to design a flowchart for a quest that kept in mind all the possibilities accorded to the player by the D&D 5e PHB, not to mention all the possible ramifications given by player choice (like killing crucial NPCs or trying to mess up the order of planned events) avoiding deadlocks.

Unfortunately my friend lost interest along the way because he's not a fan of the genre, but I was kinda impressed. I'll probably have to delete my messages here when the time'll come

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Listen to you tards argue about what is the most shit.

A dog shit? A cat shit? a horse shit?

It's ALL SHIT!
haters-gonna-hate-a0gsk4.jpg

Gradenmayer

Learned
Again, this is another moment of criticizing BG3 for something BG1 & 2 did themselves, if not did worse.
Let me get this straight - cricisim of BG3 isn't allowed if the completely unrelated as story and gamepay two games from 20+ years ago had the same flaw as the one being criticized?

Wow, that's what "discussing the game" is like, huh? :lol:
You straight up said it wasn’t a thing in BG2 dumbass

in a game where unlike BG/BG2 you can already raise your attribute scores with feats, is a bit much.
No, I didn't. I actually said the opposite. How bad is reading comprehension around here? :lol:

"in a game where unlike BG/BG2 you can already raise your attribute cores with feats, it is a bit much" - In BG3 (due to 5E) you can raise your attribute scores with feats, whereas in BG/BG2 (due to AD&D 2), you can not raise your attribute scores.

This isn't the flaw I'm talking about. The flaw, if we accept it as such, is having items which set your ability score to a high value. BG/BG2 have, if I remember right, items that set your STR, or DEX, or CHA to 18. So, it's a thing in the old games (where you can't raise your attributes with feats), but also in the new game (where indeed you can raise your attributes with feats). That's what my point is.
Dex to 18 is on another plane of disgusting compared to 17 int and no one complained about it in older Baldur’s Gates. We are fine. It’s a gimmick for multiclass heroes.

Gradenmayer

Learned
I'm unironically interested in making an application for Larian's studio in Barcelona in a couple years since a friend of mine tried it and asked me for help given my "expertise" in cRPGs and the tasks he got were pretty cool. He had to develop a pseudocode algorithm for determining the priority in cutscenes to play out when resting at Camp and to design a flowchart for a quest that kept in mind all the possibilities accorded to the player by the D&D 5e PHB, not to mention all the possible ramifications given by player choice (like killing crucial NPCs or trying to mess up the order of planned events) avoiding deadlocks.

Unfortunately my friend lost interest along the way because he's not a fan of the genre, but I was kinda impressed. I'll probably have to delete my messages here when the time'll come
Codex creates another dev that rejects his origins
:salute:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Larian has always been consumer friendly in regards to DRM and post release content.

I don't think they will even make an expansion for the game and will start working on their next title.

Expansions never sell nearly the same numbers of the base game. If Larian doesn't want to keep releasing smaller DLC, it would make more financial sense to just release an entirely new game and keep all those people working.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom