Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mondblut

Arcane
An item that sets iNT fo 17, for example, and in a game where unlike BG/BG2 you can already raise your attribute scores with feats, is a bit much.

Gauntlets of ogre power and girdles of * giant strength disagree.
They "disagree" about what?

These items are a D&D staple. After all, people who don't keep rerolling until they have all 18s across the board deserve a chance, too!

(of course, this zoomer crap probably has point buy)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
These items are a D&D staple. After all, people who don't keep rerolling until they have all 18s across the board deserve a chance, too!

Ok then. I didn't mean to state "BG3 is shit because it has OP cheat items!" I just said I watched a video about the itemization and it seems to have OP items same as the old games, only this time around you also have the chance to raise attributes from perks in addition to those OP items. Just wondered how other people are feeling about this news.

Takamori

Learned

Ok then. I didn't mean to state "BG3 is shit because it has OP cheat items!" I just said I watched a video about the itemization and it seems to have OP items same as the old games, only this time around you also have the chance to raise attributes from perks in addition to those OP items. Just wondered how other people are feeling about this news.
It depends honestly, but if we are taking into account Divinity economy this is gonna be a joke. Given that end game in DoS 2 you are swimming in gold even if you don't steal anything.

I don't mind OP items if you have a price to pay either a really important trade off decision storywise or if your game economy is not fucked you sacrifice your limited resources to acquire such but of course "soft locking" yourself from other options.

Do you think going back in time and killing everyone involved with horse armor at Bethesda would help us escape the hell this reality has become?
Its doesn't matter either Bethesda or the consumers at the time, it would be just different actors even if we managed to totally wipe them all.

Saravan

Savant

It depends honestly, but if we are taking into account Divinity economy this is gonna be a joke. Given that end game in DoS 2 you are swimming in gold even if you don't steal anything.

I don't mind OP items if you have a price to pay either a really important trade off decision storywise or if your game economy is not fucked you sacrifice your limited resources to acquire such but of course "soft locking" yourself from other options.

Do you think going back in time and killing everyone involved with horse armor at Bethesda would help us escape the hell this reality has become?
Its doesn't matter either Bethesda or the consumers at the time, it would be just different actors even if we managed to totally wipe them all.
CRPGs failing to properly manage economy and especially in game currency is annoying. Why have a mechanic if it’s made irrelevant by showering the player with gold.

Rhobar121

Scholar

You call rpg mechanics in a weird way.
In most rpg games have this problem that at some point. You are literally swimming in gold.
I don't know many games where that wouldn't be true.

Darth Valer

Literate
If I understand correctly even if you have the Int ring equipped you can't get from 17 to 19 at level up, no? If that's the case the ring should still be balanced or am I missing something?

Takamori

Learned

You call rpg mechanics in a weird way.
In most rpg games have this problem that at some point. You are literally swimming in gold.
I don't know many games where that wouldn't be true.
Yeah thats true too many criminals to distinguish in this regard. I think one that does right is Battle Brothers given its resource management, but even so eventually you reach Kraken end game and it just become a chore to feed gold to your company. But at least the devs recommend you to do 1-2 crisis and restart your campaign to avoid having this snowball.

Barbarian

Arcane
Albino Drow Sorcerer/Eldritch Knight inspired by Elric de Melboniné - Dark Urge origin - Can't control his impulses to violently murder sodomites and whores. Just wish I could get a cursed sword of some sort.

Might go pure sorcerer class. Wield a rapier instead of a longsword. Maybe Wizard/Eldritch Knight to keep Intelligence the focus stat.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
afbeelding.png
this is the worst thing ive seen in this thread so far, good job.
afbeelding.png

Shrimp

Arbiter
Will Alchemy be implemented as a skill btw? Or just a crafting gimmick.
As far as I am aware it's just a crafting gimmick.
Can't have a 2023 RPG without a crafting system. How else are you going to fill up all the chests, coffers and miscellaneous containers?

How does the MP in the GOG version work? Does it use the same code-based lobby as DivOS2?
Servers are handled by Larian, so yeah, you'd need the code. Tried it a long time ago with a friend, like around patch 4 or so, and it went very well save for a very minor bug that wasn't really an inconvenient.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If I understand correctly even if you have the Int ring equipped you can't get from 17 to 19 at level up, no? If that's the case the ring should still be balanced or am I missing something?
The fextralife video doesn't make it clear, but I'm guessing it works as in the old games - sets it to the value, whether that's an improvement over your current value or not.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Again, this is another moment of criticizing BG3 for something BG1 & 2 did themselves, if not did worse."

People criticized that stuff for the BGs. That was 2+ decades ago. So, why defend BG3 for making the same or even worse mistakes of earlier fukkin' games. The point is to learn from the past's mistakes not reapeat it. You dumb fukkin' shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom