Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saravan

Savant
Where is Late Bloomer’s daily round of quotes that made him mad???

Gargaune

Arcane
That tweet thread has apparently caused quite a stir:

"If you do your homework, you make the rest of us look bad!"

Embarrassing, some guy actually had the gall to say gamers should consider the conditions of the individual developer when they judge their game. Yeah... no. Because "gamers" and "game" here are also known as "customers" and, respectively, "product" - you get judged on what you charge for it. Nobody's gonna expect a hundred hours of movie-gaming from an indie title with an indie price tag, but if Larian can ship a whole lot more than you for that same AAA price, you need to stop worrying about the bar's elevation and start looking at the bloat in your development process.

Here's how it works in practice: I paid AAA €60 for a game with controls so atrocious I might not have the stomach to play it. That's what I'm judging Swen's game on. Oh, how I'm judging it...

P.S. "the ultimate RPG game" - keep youtubing, youtubers.

Kiste

Augur
Dealing with you bearfucking zoophiliacs who like getting pegged while stroking Wyll's cock gets tiresome.

bear-hug.gif

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Albino Drow Sorcerer/Eldritch Knight inspired by Elric de Melboniné - Dark Urge origin - Can't control his impulses to violently murder sodomites and whores. Just wish I could get a cursed sword of some sort.

Might go pure sorcerer class. Wield a rapier instead of a longsword. Maybe Wizard/Eldritch Knight to keep Intelligence the focus stat.
Do not forget the part where his cousin cucks him several times
I gave the series a shot for obvious reasons, but in Elric's introduction he seems like a whiny pussy who's whipped by that girl and seethes about his cooler brother. That's the first chapter, and I couldn't continue.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Albino Drow Sorcerer/Eldritch Knight inspired by Elric de Melboniné - Dark Urge origin - Can't control his impulses to violently murder sodomites and whores. Just wish I could get a cursed sword of some sort.

Might go pure sorcerer class. Wield a rapier instead of a longsword. Maybe Wizard/Eldritch Knight to keep Intelligence the focus stat.
I gave the series a shot for obvious reasons, but in Elric's introduction he seems like a whiny pussy who's whipped by that girl and seethes about his cooler brother. That's the first chapter, and I couldn't continue.

Elric was always a pompous, whiny edgelord...just like Michael Moorcock.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Bear sex and tranyisms aside, just reading how game devs are shitting themselves in that thread makes me think this game is pure incline.

>oh no! we might have to actually deliver quality and quantity for once, something we haven't really done since voice acting and cinematics became a standard!

Also, isn't it funny that none of them are saying this about Starfield and it's "1000 worlds"? I wonder why...

Moorcock's stuff is written from a turboleftist and actual anarchist's lens. All kings or members of the nobility are depicted as mentally and physically feeble because that's what happens when you do inbreeding for centuries.

Bear sex and tranyisms aside, just reading how game devs are shitting themselves in that thread makes me think this game is pure incline.

>oh no! we might have to actually deliver quality and quantity for once, something we haven't really done since voice acting and cinematics became a standard!

Also, isn't it funny that none of them are saying this about Starfield and it's "1000 worlds"? I wonder why...
Same thing happened with Elden Ring. Maybe it's a trend?

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Baldur's Gate 3 is a game, a dish.

Starfield is product, is a MCburger.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
That, and I think that most devs know by now that Todd rarely delivers on his promises.

SF's 1000 worlds will probably be about as well put together as Radiant AI or FO76, if there's even really 1000 of them at all.

90% filler, 10% decent content - but it's ok, since "mods will fix it".

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Moorcock's stuff is written from a turboleftist and actual anarchist's lens. All kings or members of the nobility are depicted as mentally and physically feeble because that's what happens when you do inbreeding for centuries.

Leftist treat everything as propaganda and they always write propaganda. Moorcock have or had a talent, but he is limited to his political obsessions. With time it gets even more clear.

That, and I think that most devs know by now that Todd rarely delivers on his promises.

SF's 1000 worlds will probably be about as well put together as Radiant AI or FO76, if there's even really 1000 of them at all.

I'll be not surprised if "resources world" be equally interactive as most of the planets in Mass Effect 2.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned

It's strange how Moorcock strains my ability to ignore the author's persona in my reception of their work, yet plenty of people of ostensibly worse character quality do not.

There's something deeply off-putting about a man who would campaign to have the works of a fellow author removed from the bookshelves, regardless of reason.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Leftist treat everything as propaganda and they always write propaganda. Moorcock have or had a talent, but he is limited to his political obsessions. With time it gets even more clear.
That's not limited to the left. See Terry Goodkind.

Terry was objectively (ha!) anomaly (ha!). There are right wing fantasy/sci-fi writers in Anglosphere, but theirs publishing life is limited to Amazon PDF and Twitter. Real writters (publishing on paper) are turboleftist and that is the reason why this branch of literature is dead.

It's strange how Moorcock strains my ability to ignore the author's persona in my reception of their work, yet plenty of people of ostensibly worse character quality do not.

There's something deeply off-putting about a man who would campaign to have the works of a fellow author removed from the bookshelves, regardless of reason.

Art always come from author personality. Treat that make you an awful person could make you a good writer. Moorcock is problematic, just like Alan Moore. Thier craziness is mixed with real talent, but with every decade negatives prevail positives more and more. Perhaps they was change as a people too.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

So on an another note i tried to install Solasta today for playing a bit with the 5th edition ruleset. Made a character played for an hour and hell:

How bad it is?
Aside the combat the game is just pure garbage. Writing us awfyk. Artstyle everything even voice acting and cinematics is atrocious.

Compared with what i saw about bg3 in the EA Solasta is like a mere toddler. And no is not because the team is small that's not even trying.

I think bg3 will bomb and will be glorious.

Ryzer

Arcane
Just FYI, Baldur's Gate 1 is one of the most boring dreadful boilerplate fantasy RPG ever made, second to Neverwinter Nights which is even more shit.
However Baldur's Gate 2 is very good.

Rhobar121

Scholar
So on an another note i tried to install Solasta today for playing a bit with the 5th edition ruleset. Made a character played for an hour and hell:

How bad it is?
Aside the combat the game is just pure garbage. Writing us awfyk. Artstyle everything even voice acting and cinematics is atrocious.

Compared with what i saw about bg3 in the EA Solasta is like a mere toddler. And no is not because the team is small that's not even trying.

Despite the small budget, it's hard to defend this game in terms of graphics quality or voice acting. If you don't have the budget and skills never bite off more than one can chew

La vie sexuelle

Learned

How bad it is?

Despite the small budget, it's hard to defend this game in terms of graphics quality or voice acting. If you don't have the budget and skills never bite off more than one can chew

How financially successful game can bombed?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

How bad it is?

I think bg3 will have an huge success. I can see why some AAA devs are scared. When they start to make statements like they did is evident their concern.

"Oh no we have no excuse anymore we got to work to earn our money!"

As for Solasta.
You don't need voice acting to make a good rpg.
Problem of solasta is that is evident they neglected everything but combat this is why the game is in such a state.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Embarrassing, some guy actually had the gall to say gamers should consider the conditions of the individual developer when they judge their game. Yeah... no. Because "gamers" and "game" here are also known as "customers" and, respectively, "product" - you get judged on what you charge for it. Nobody's gonna expect a hundred hours of movie-gaming from an indie title with an indie price tag, but if Larian can ship a whole lot more than you for that same AAA price, you need to stop worrying about the bar's elevation and start looking at the bloat in your development process.
"People would like Dragon Age 2 a lot more if only they knew how much fun it was developing it." - Actual quote from David Gaider.

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned

How bad it is?

I think bg3 will have an huge success. I can see why some AAA devs are scared. When they start to make statements like they did is evident their concern.

"Oh no we have no excuse anymore we got to work to earn our money!"

As for Solasta.
You don't need voice acting to make a good rpg.
Problem of solasta is that is evident they neglected everything but combat this is why the game is in such a state.

Aaa, "wiill bombs" in sense "change the industry".
"People would like Dragon Age 2 a lot more if only they knew how much fun it was to develop it." - actual quote from David Gaider.

He was never good and DA2 was producion mess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom