Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
That tweet thread has apparently caused quite a stir:

"If you do your homework, you make the rest of us look bad!"

Embarrassing, some guy actually had the gall to say gamers should consider the conditions of the individual developer when they judge their game. Yeah... no. Because "gamers" and "game" here are also known as "customers" and, respectively, "product" - you get judged on what you charge for it. Nobody's gonna expect a hundred hours of movie-gaming from an indie title with an indie price tag, but if Larian can ship a whole lot more than you for that same AAA price, you need to stop worrying about the bar's elevation and start looking at the bloat in your development process.

Here's how it works in practice: I paid AAA €60 for a game with controls so atrocious I might not have the stomach to play it. That's what I'm judging Swen's game on. Oh, how I'm judging it...

P.S. "the ultimate RPG game" - keep youtubing, youtubers.

Da fck? How autistic are you not to like BG3 controls? Or atleast tolerate them. "atrocious" strong hyperbole or are you also complaining about the "toilet chain" system like the italian?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
What’s with the obsession with NPC schedules

Shit like that is for “m-muh immersion”-pussies - an rpg crowd so emasculated it makes storyfags look like manly heterosexuals
This is my whole argument with the guy, and with every other anti-BG3 NPC itt.

Hate the game, criticize it, but do it for the right reasons. To harp on this or day/night cycles is ridiculous. This is not 'The Day/Night Cycle Codex', is it?

If you're going to tear it down, tear it down for its core RPG features: the writing, the gameplay, the ruleset.

Yet here we are, page 917, still talking about cosmetic features like they're the life blood of an RPG.

Drakortha

Liturgist

Hate the game, criticize it, but do it for the right reasons. To harp on this or day/night cycles is ridiculous. This is not 'The Day/Night Cycle Codex', is it?

If you're going to tear it down, tear it down for its core RPG features: the writing, the gameplay, the ruleset.

Yet here we are, page 917, still talking about cosmetic features like they're the life blood of an RPG.
Larian faggots like you keep on cherry picking my arguments and extrapolate them constantly.

If I call out the game for having shitty writing, you'll tell me I'm harping on the writing. If I call the cinematic dialogue garbage straight out of Dragon Age and Mass Effect, you will tell me I'm harping on that too. And now we're full circle again and you're telling me the only gripe I have with the game is the Day / Night cycles.

The game is shit for more than 1 reason but you can't accept it.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Schedules are a nice idea, but doing them well — and not just a dull routine where NPCS all randomly start running in concert at exactly at x'oclock — is probably a lot more effort and developer time than it's worth; especially if not knowing where an NPC will be is "compensated" by the timeless classic, Follow the Map Marker.
Indeed, people don't understand how much work goes into a GOOD day/night cycle. Even if it was implemented the same retards who want it now would be the ones crying how "barebones" etc it is...

Day/night was bad in the old BG games too imo, hell most games period. Not worth the time and money.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Can't wait to make a hot Body Type 2 with a big fat cock, boys.

View attachment 38923
They got girl cock AND vitiligo!
1689753895540.png

Drakortha

Liturgist
Schedules are a nice idea, but doing them well — and not just a dull routine where NPCS all randomly start running in concert at exactly at x'oclock — is probably a lot more effort and developer time than it's worth; especially if not knowing where an NPC will be is "compensated" by the timeless classic, Follow the Map Marker.
Indeed, people don't understand how much work goes into a GOOD day/night cycle. Even if it was implemented the same retards who want it now would be the ones crying how "barebones" etc it is...

Day/night was bad in the old BG games too imo, hell most games period. Not worth the time and money.

Baldurs' Gate 2 came out on Windows 95/98 and needed a 233MHz processor and 32MB RAM

Baldur's Gate 3 is using a 4.70 GHz processor and 16 GB RAM.

What the FUCK are they doing with all that shit and why are we going backwards? Can someone please explain to me I'd love to fucking hear it! Don't tell me graphics and cinematics or I'll flip a table.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If I call out the game for having shitty writing, you'll tell me I'm harping on the writing.
Wrong. I've spent pages criticizing the writing. The difference between you and I is that when I do it, I talk about more than muh bearsex, muh cinematics, muh unlikeable characters for dozens of pages.

All you do is repeat the same lame talking points. There's no depth, no specificity. You don't have nuanced opinions on any of it. It's just "durrr game is bad and I don't like it! please like me kewl kids!" over and over.

Even when I challenge you to say something about the writing, you don't. Instead, you talk about cinematics and NPC schedules some more.

We know you want a game without cinematics, with a day/night cycle and with NPC schedules. You don't need to repeat it on every page.

If that's really all you have to add to the thread, you should just piss off and go play Oblivion already, kid.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Baldurs' Gate 2 came out on Windows 95/98 and needed a 233MHz processor and 32MB RAM

What the FUCK are they doing with all that shit and why are we going backwards? Can someone please explain to me I'd love to fucking hear it! Don't tell me graphics and cinematics or I'll flip a table.
Okay, it's obvious you're just trolling now.

Gradenmayer

Learned

You are not even a funny type of retard at this point, just a sad one.

Drakortha

Liturgist
The difference between you and I is that when I do it, I talk about more than muh bearsex, muh cinematics, muh unlikeable characters for dozens of pages. All you do is repeat the same lame talking points. There's no depth, no specificity.
BULLSHIT!

I've stated many reasons why the game is shit and explained why, all the way back to the very first gameplay reveal stream. The reason I have to keep repeating myself is because faggots like you keep coming along and claiming the bear is the only criticism that "anti-BG3 NPC's" (Lmao, how many times did you get vaxxed, mate?) have for this piece of trash game. Every day you move the goal post, and when you lose you start cranking out the bear memes from reddit, like it's some kind of mascot for your shit ass game.

It's just "durrr game is bad and I don't like it! please like me kewl kids!" over and over.
"He's so popular around here, that must be the reason he calls BG3 shit! Because it can't possibly be true!"

Larian faggot logic right there.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
BULLSHIT!

I've stated many reasons why the game is shit, all the way back to the very first gameplay reveal stream. The reason I have to keep repeating myself is because faggots like you keep coming along and claiming the bear is the only criticism that "anti-BG3 NPC's"
So, you're willing to repeat yourself, just not on anything except the very things you claim I 'falsely' imply you're repeating yourself on? :lol:
(Lmao, how many times did you get vaxxed, mate?)
None.
Every day you move the goal post, and when you lose you start cranking out the bear memes from reddit, like it's some kind of mascot for your shit ass game.
Show me a single reddit bear meme I've posted, including the meme and a link to it on reddit.
"He's so popular around here, that must be the reason he calls BG3 shit! Because it can't possibly be true!"

Larian faggot logic right there.
This is some stellar cope.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Since I've been defending the game a lot lately, I want to make this clear again:

I recommend against purchasing the game due to its open support of trannyism, which is a dangerous ideology that targets children.

I already bought it years ago before that was revealed though, so I intend to play it. And I do not discourage pirating it, but that's up to you.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Tbf it's still an improvement from however-many-hundred pages earlier, when all people seemed to care about was that the gith girl could leave thee ~cucked~.

Kiste

Augur
If I call the cinematic dialogue garbage
Why is the cinematic dialogue "garbage"? The problem with cinematic dialogue is basically cost. It's more expensive than simple text-based dialogue. This leads to developers streamlining and reducing dialogue options and making most dialogue choices irrelevant, i.e. reduced choice and reactivity. Mass Effect is the premier example for this, where virtually all dialogue options do exactly nothing, they're just cosmetic, the illusion of choice.

This clearly is not a problem in BG3. The game gives a shitload of consequential dialogue options and has tons of reactivity in the dialogue. I'm not sure there even is a game that has more to offer in that regard. Maybe Disco Elysium (not sure, haven't played it yet)?

And that's why you're a retard. All you can do is screech about how this or that is gargabe/trash/shit and everyone who disagrees is a faggot. That's the extend of your contribution to this threat. It's not even entertaining or funny, lest of all insightful. It's barely even "criticism", it's just sad, empty nerd rage.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Tbf it's still an improvement from however-many-hundred pages earlier, when all people seemed to care about was that the gith girl could leave thee ~cucked~.
I vaguely remember this...

I would actually say that talking about that is the improvement, since they've been crying over cinematics and day/night cycles since before the EA.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Since I've been defending the game a lot lately, I want to make this clear again:

I recommend against purchasing the game due to its open support of trannyism, which is a dangerous ideology that targets children.

I already bought it years ago before that was revealed though, so I intend to play it. And I do not discourage pirating it, but that's up to you.
1689755978932.png

RegionalHobo

Scholar
do i go barbarian and take the frog or do i go battlemaster and take karlach?

other two spots are for the cleric and the wizard

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom