Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So is it shit? Does it even feel like a bg game?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I assumed the burning surfaces were just placeholder from D:OS2. For DnD 5E a burning surface should be massively more OP, and harder to get.

Instead, I missed the bugbear, hit the massive pool of blood underneath him, froze it, and all 5 allied characters I had swarming the thing immediately fell over. And the bugbear made his save and stayed standing. Absolutely unforgivable.
This would be great when it would happen on critical miss.

It wouldn't be great when this spell freezing surfaces under the person cause slipping of people around him, when the was hit by this spell. DnD 5E says it applies slowdown in movement ONLY ON PERSON THAT WAS HIT.

Larian should learn a game development should be also about adaptation different words have different rules. Just because some system worked somehow in his own games, doesn't mean it would work when he'd try to create a game about possibly more realistic setting.

I doubt BG3 would work well with BELEGAR.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's very possible the balancing isn't done yet and the behavior of surfaces is just a holdover from D:OS2. From what I'm seeing, this game is at least a year away from release.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Larian just crapped out a diarrhea turd on everyones head. But give them about a year to clean up, wipe down the walls and polish the turd a little, and it should turn out a fine game.
I'm not trying to defend Larian and be that guy that says "it's only a beta, guys", but it's only Early Access, guys. Expecting it to be ultra polished and ready for consumption is dumb. Depending on what exactly you don't like, it's very possible for that to change. Writing is obviously not going to change, but stuff like graphics, balancing, class features, etc. is.

Terenty

Liturgist
I wonder if they will have the budget for the rest of the game to be on the same level as this first act.

I can't imagine how many resources it will take to create a freaking city like Baldur's Gate packed with content.

ChildInTime

Learned
As we all suspected the tiefling nigress is a companion, as well as someone named Helia - a werewolf girl,
Minsc is a companion too.
Everyone who has an INCLUSION_ tag to them is a playable character, this includes Shadowheart, Astarion, Gale, Wyll, Lae'zel, and also Helia, Karlach, and
Minsc.

hoS3Ao3.png

DMjGzg8.png

DKPeQ4m.png

MG2zB1S.png

Drakortha

Liturgist
Larian just crapped out a diarrhea turd on everyones head. But give them about a year to clean up, wipe down the walls and polish the turd a little, and it should turn out a fine game.
I'm not trying to defend Larian and be that guy that says "it's only a beta, guys", but it's only Early Access, guys. Expecting it to be ultra polished and ready for consumption is dumb. Depending on what exactly you don't like, it's very possible for that to change. Writing is obviously not going to change, but stuff like graphics, balancing, class features, etc. is.

The fundamental problem with this game won't change. That is, it's a soulless, commercialized, passionless cash grab that is released during a time when 90% of mainstream releases are the same thing. BG3 is no exception and it's no wonder they shit it out asap with Early Access so they could cash out before the end of the year. EA is just Pre-Ordering under a new coat of paint.

Don't waste your time expecting this might change beyond the obvious things like balancing, polishing the cutscenes/animations etc, because that's all the market expects from Larian. Polishing, Balance updates, and more cute videos of Swen in armor. Enjoy!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
As we all suspected the tiefling nigress is a companion, as well as someone named Helia - a werewolf girl,
Minsc is a companion too.
Everyone who has an INCLUSION_ tag to them is a playable character, this includes Shadowheart, Astarion, Gale, Wyll, Lae'zel, and also Helia, Karlach, and
Minsc.

hoS3Ao3.png

DMjGzg8.png

DKPeQ4m.png

MG2zB1S.png
fantadomat

Got something to say, fantadumbtard? :smug:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Vatnik Wumao
For the lorefags out there, is the Seldarine Drow subrace available at character creation a matriarchal culture akin to the Underdark Drows?

Also, the description for the subrace states that "Drow are the result of an ancient schism between the elven deities Corellon Larethian and Lolth. The latter's treachery drove the drow into the Underdark, where they splintered into warring factions. Seldarine drow can be found seeking allies from all over Faerun, aiming to settle their conflict with Lolth - and each other - by any means necessary." So from what I gather... they worship the same Elven chief god as the high and wood elves?

Lacrymas

Arcane
The "good" drow worship Eilistraee usually. I'm not sure if the Seldarine are the "good drow", though.

Quillon

Arcane
Played most of the EA I believe, done with the bog but haven't went into goblin camps yet. Anyway, game's pretty great even in its somewhat buggy state, haters will secretly enjoy it most centainly :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom