Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

It's really weird how many people are functionally oblivious to how easy it is to change any webpage to say whatever the fuck you want and assume anything absurd like that is true because "SJWs say the darnedest things".

VFvHAZn.png
what do you mean? that image is not edited in any way
c027c049ffeb3de8f7844f0e3cd0e1678dfeffa7.png
It says right there, "not furry". So it's safe.

Drakortha

Liturgist
If he's lying, he's fooled me. As a founder CEO, who crawled through publisher demands, to finally be able to make his dream game thanks to crowdfunding, and now get this AAA+ chance at D&D, I think he is genuine. This dorky goofiness during their streams is hard to fake, we've seen Ubisoft try and fail to much.
It is all fake. Why are so special?

Swen and co are not artists fueled by passion and their dreams. They are sociopathic maniacs being fueled by the money and attention they are getting right now.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
If he's lying, he's fooled me. As a founder CEO, who crawled through publisher demands, to finally be able to make his dream game thanks to crowdfunding, and now get this AAA+ chance at D&D, I think he is genuine. This dorky goofiness during their streams is hard to fake, we've seen Ubisoft try and fail to much.

Swen and co are not artists fueled by passion and their dreams. They are sociopathic maniacs being fueled by the money and attention they are getting right now.
Lol even you don't actually believe that.

Drakortha

Liturgist

I do.

The way Swen behaves is a good indication of sociopathic behavior. He does what he does not because he's genuine but because it's learned behavior that's rewarding to him. You buy into his act, so he is encouraged to go further with it. Why do you think he inevitably put on the armor?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

I do.

The way Swen behaves is a good indication of sociopathic behavior. He does what he does not because he's genuine but because it's learned behavior that's rewarding to him. You buy into his act, so he is encouraged to go further with it. Why do you think he eventually put on the armor?
You have become too cynical friend.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This one is actually a lot like the 60's and 70's American horror trailers, which is really cool, on one hand. On the other hand? It's Larian.

Become a Druid of the Circle of Spores and put the "fun" in "fungi" Manipulate spores to harm your enemies and then raise them as a fungal zombie!

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Mindlessly hating everything is not a virtue, nor a replacement for having a character.

Kiste

Augur
I have reasons for hating this game. It's not mindless hate just because you don't like my reasons.

Right. It's missing the "innovation" of a day/night cycle and absolutely everything about the game is shit. We know. Now go away.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I have reasons for hating this game. It's not mindless hate just because you don't like my reasons.

Right. It's missing the "innovation" of a day/night cycle and absolutely everything about the game is shit. We know. Now go away.
No, no, it was about Sims 2 and it being the standard for RPG AI, I think.
Shitty writing and bad cutscene dialogue scenes straight out of Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Keep going. You are all learning, this is progress :)

Drakortha

Liturgist
Shitty writing and bad cutscene dialogue scenes straight out of Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Keep going. You are all learning, this is progress :)
You do realize that both Dragon Age and Mass Effect took inspiration from the BG games, right?
The cutscene dialogue came about during the Xbox 360 era of RPG's when companies like EA were trying to make their games easier to consume by making dialogue play out like a movie. As far as I remember, the BG games didn't play out like a movie.

Fallout 4 did it in 2015 and now Larian is doing it. It just won't go away. Yet you've got shills all over Youtube praising BG3 to high heaven calling it the great RPG renaissance. I just don't see it. It's all the same shit we've seen time and time again.

And don't even get me started on the writing. I've seen the dialogue during the streams and every time, without fail, I am left wincing.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, sorry did I take the wrong turn? Is this the BG3 fan thread? I didn't realize I was on reddit.com.

Just amuses me that you seem to spend all your time in threads for games you hate.

Especially coming from someone arguing that everyone should stop gaming and do something "useful with their time".

Is this a good use of your time?

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
As far as I remember, the BG games didn't play out like a movie.
The young protagonist raised up in a place forgotten and safe. The wise and old man giving his life to ensure their safety. The reveal that the antagonist is a family member. The arduous journey of self-discovery.

It's almost like Star Wars.

Alright, I was being a bit coy, but when George Lucas stole from Japanese movies no one batted an eye. When the BG games stole from George Lucas, again, no one batted an eye. But when BG III uses modern technology to spin a story better, everyone has their panties in a twist.

Lighten up a bit. Else you're going to end up like Fedora Master, and his German humour.

Drakortha

Liturgist
As far as I remember, the BG games didn't play out like a movie.
The young protagonist raised up in a place forgotten and safe. The wise and old man giving his life to ensure their safety. The reveal that the antagonist is a family member. The arduous journey of self-discovery.

It's almost like Star Wars.

Alright, I was being a bit coy, but when George Lucas stole from Japanese movies no one batted an eye. When the BG games stole from George Lucas, again, no one batted an eye. But when BG III uses modern technology to spin a story better, everyone has their panties in a twist.

Lighten up a bit. Else you're going to end up like Fedora Master, and his German humour.
Is it that time already that we shit on the classic games we grew up playing to make new games look less shit?

There's an over 20 year gap between BG2 and BG3, we already had this kind of RPG in the 00's with Dragon Age and Mass Effect. We should be expecting a lot better than this.

The_Mask

Patron
We should be expecting a lot better than this.
First off, you don't even know what "this" is. The game's not even out, yet.

And second off, there is always a 20 year gap between these things, and people always seem to find a way to enjoy them.

Look, you can be a grouch after the game is out, and it turns out to be complete shambles. But until then, you're just sucking the fun out of the room, for no good reason. The difference between this life and hell, is hope. Leave us with the hope.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oh, sorry did I take the wrong turn? Is this the BG3 fan thread? I didn't realize I was on reddit.com.

Just amuses me that you seem to spend all your time in threads for games you hate.

Especially coming from someone arguing that everyone should stop gaming and do something "useful with their time".

Is this a good use of your time?
You could ask the same question to any Catholic priest that is telling everyone to go out and have a lot of children.. it is pointless in all cases and it is a stupid person comeback

Kiste

Augur
I think it's a valid question why a class of weird sexless freaks and/or kiddie diddlers should have any say in people's family planning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom