Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mondblut

Arcane
Swen is the saviour of the RPG genre.

Not since he bent over to SJW screeching and put some extra clothers on the Divinity thot.

Ltt3uxA.jpg

He who compromises his vision to pander to your enemies is NOT your friend.

Derek Smart should be your bff then.

Derek Smart had more integrity in his pinky finger then all of those cucks who give in to tranny tantrums combined.

Aphex81

Scholar
It comes to mind easily if you're obsessed with American politics. Hey, maybe it's a allegory for the euro migrant crisis and policians like Marine LePen? Maybe it's no allegory at all?
Or maybe you're just asshurt that I'm right?

Even Non-Edge Gamers assertion that the Druid lady was given the same hair color as Trump
Never said that. I said she had orange hair. Not sure if what you posted is a mod or just a newer version.

YNokC0W.png

fdTN35X.png

Orange haired druid, meet orange skinned Trump. That's the reference. "Orange man bad", remember? 2020? Hello?

That and the wall--sorry, "barrier" she wants to put up. Does an allegory have to be exact for you to pick up on it?

Even if it had no reference to Trump, despite the fact that she literally wants to build a wall to keep outsiders out, to deport muh refugees and even to put muh kidz in cages, do you think the entire plot about a literal refugee crisis was just coincidence?

I know you don't. No one can be that dense. That's why you brought up Le Pen.

It's an allegory regardless of whether you admit to the specifics. It's lazy, bad writing. And if it isn't, explain how it's not. Don't just sit there and strawman comparisons to their hair color I never made.
Stop hating on my waifu. :cry:

Readher

Savant
Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't care less about day/night cycle in a game like this. Traditional cRPGs lack the full immersion and sandbox aspects that e.g. Bethesda games have, so it just seems pointless. You play this for the story, combat and C&C, day/night cycle would just get in the way.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
At one point me and two guys who were planning on playing BG3 MP were theorizing what if one makes a blond female elf that just lets the others fuck her at will when in camp. We were going to draw straws on whose character it was going to be. Now the question is, is this also degeneracy or is it healthy bro fun.
Completely normal bro behaviour to sit in voice call together silently watching the cutscene where one of you fucks the other with a third wheel wondering when it’s their turn.
"Silently"? We would be laughing our asses off. You're not telling me you take videogame sex seriously?

ArchAngel

Arcane
"Day/night was bad in the old BG games too imo, hell most games period. Not worth the time and money."

Bulklshit. It worked perfectly fine. Stores closed at night. Different encounters occured at night. Sure, it wasn't super duper deep, but it worked. It was nowhere near 'bad'. What a retart.
And most importantly at night you could enter all the houses (without guards) and take everyones belongings without those pesky guards being called.

Yeah, Shadowheart and Gale are a lock for me as well, if nothing else because how useful their classes are, in general.
The third one will be decided depending on what I decide to play in the end. For instance I don't like Astarion but if I go for something wildly different a rogue can be pretty damn useful to have.

On a side note, if everything goes right from the get go, I'll be probably be playing with a party of six characters as soon as possible, and that should leave at least some room to compose a party without being too worried with "essential roles" being covered.

Larianshill

Arbiter
For the first playthrough, the main party will probably be Shadowheart, Lae'zel, Karlach. I'll occasionally swap one of them out for Halsin or Gale. Have no interest in Wyll, Minsc or Jaheira, and Astarion will be dead the moment I meet him.

Saravan

Savant
Still salty as fuck about these retarded nerfs to humans and half elves. Will not play until mod reverts this shit.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
My original plan was to switch between Shadowheart, Lae'zel, Gale and Astarion as I'm not necessarily a big fan of Astarion's character but enjoy Arcane Tricksters, but now that companion classes are fully customizable I might revisit that. I'm also curious about Wyll's new VA and story.

jackofshadows

Magister
SH, Laezel/Minthara/Karlach (did they say anything about how early one can recruit Karlach in the full release game?). Wanna see Gale's story and see how far can persuasion go tilting him on the dark side wise but feeding him loot is such a pita, idk. Also interested in the new Wyll. The druid, Minsc, Jar Jar - all pass. Not sure about Astarion yet. I find him amusing on one hand but in combat he's next to useless compared to the trinity of smashers above unless devs'll change the balance drastically by the full release.

Takamori

Learned
Given that my character will be a cleric vanguard, probably shadowheart ,gale and Karlach? Fucking PT of 4 is bs but whatever.

Barbarian

Arcane
If this is anything like the bugfinder games than the most evil and perverted companions will probably be the least cringe. The "goodness is gae" trope will likely be present.

I assume the "evil" drow girl follower of the absolute will be least annoying waifu option for instance.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The asset reuse of BG3 is infinitely more important to its scope than using a basic bitch hodgepodge setting - which actually comes with its own development pressure as you can't just do whatever you want in it.
The asset reuse of BG3 is infinitely more important to its scope than using a basic bitch hodgepodge setting - which actually comes with its own development pressure as you can't just do whatever you want in it.

I also think the asset reuse (engine and probably a bunch of other stuff they can reuse from DOS games) is probably more important in the equation than the setting reuse.

Having an engine your devs know like the back of their hands and a bunch of generic assets makes things a lot faster.
Again, aside from the engine, what assets? Show specific 3D objects or textures that were reused. Just because a beach is in both series doesn't mean they're reusing it from a previous game. I just want some proof here because people keep claiming it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The only thing scaring me from using Gale is how often hes gonna ask to nom nom magical items...
His hitting on Shadowheart when they first meet makes me think they're going to pull some Aerie x Haer'Dalis cuckery later, so Shadowheart shrine builders itt might want to keep that in mind.

Personally, I just find his personality a bit annoying. He's also kind of a Mary Sue, given his background.

I like flawed companions, but not when that flaw is some super power they got from being a super special boy who banged Mystra.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom