Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
Imagine referencing opinions on Reddit as a basis for your argument.

These are the people for whom BG3 was made, whose tastes shaped entirely how the game looks and plays, so obviously I'll reference their opinions when talking about the similarities of BG3 and DA series. Also idk why you're so harsh on reddit, these people are your soulmates, seems like you would be happier there. Are you also an obsessed Solas shipper who now fell in love with BG3, like that one guy's wife? Or are you into it purely for the hopes of having a gay threesome with a vampire and a bear? Choose your own "adventure" on 3 August 2023 in this le epic cinematic spiritual successor to DA :lol:
nigger, read last dozens of pages. compared to codex reddit is place of sane and wholesome people. and less cringe.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I briefly thought
CHARNAME
might be a possibility but discounted it on the basis of the butthurt it would cause old fans. To be honest though if they do go down that route I will most likely be raging right along with the rest of them
I would get wrinkles from the ear-to-ear smile that will be stuck on my face the entire week.
I would have to quit playing RPGs and learn how to play COD instead

Shaki

Arbiter
Imagine referencing opinions on Reddit as a basis for your argument.

These are the people for whom BG3 was made, whose tastes shaped entirely how the game looks and plays, so obviously I'll reference their opinions when talking about the similarities of BG3 and DA series. Also idk why you're so harsh on reddit, these people are your soulmates, seems like you would be happier there. Are you also an obsessed Solas shipper who now fell in love with BG3, like that one guy's wife? Or are you into it purely for the hopes of having a gay threesome with a vampire and a bear? Choose your own "adventure" on 3 August 2023 in this le epic cinematic spiritual successor to DA :lol:
nigger, read last dozens of pages. compared to codex reddit is place of sane and wholesome people. and less cringe.
You might actually be right, at least reddit freely admits they love le cinematic feel and gay bear sex and it's the main selling point of the game, while a lot of codexers cope and pretend they're about "muh gameplay". I have more respect for redditors at this point.

Ryzer

Arcane
The game looks so uninspired that every fantasy games look like BG3.

In essence, this game is more like the spiritual successor to Dragon age than to Baldur's gate.
afbeelding.png
It's actually the other way around. Nobody sane can like a game featuring bear sex aka zoophilia.

Silverfish

Arbiter
I've been hearing a lot of talk about how this game is the bestest thing ever since sliced bread. Is it true? Is it really that good? Or are CRPG fans just starved and this is just the first not-trash game they've got in a long time? Curious because I've been through this several times before where people talk about a game as if its the bestest thing ever and then I play it and I find it to be merely okay, or boring. The game looks aesthetically unappealing, and the zoomed out overhead perspective makes the game seem very detached and impersonal. The advertising of bestiality and genital customization is also suspicious.

Nailed it, tbh. Surprisingly few learned the lesson from Pillars.

You might actually be right, at least reddit freely admits they love le cinematic feel and gay bear sex and it's the main selling point of the game, while a lot of codexers cope and pretend they're about "muh gameplay". I have more respect for redditors at this point.

BG3 is very much for the Critical Role crowd. Redditors know this and, being the target demographic themselves, are thrilled. Our guys are still in the bargaining stage.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I read that reviewers will get keys six days before launch day. I wonder how many reviews will be written after 20h-40h played by the reviewer, to get one out at as soon as possible.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I read that reviewers will get keys six days before launch day. I wonder how many reviews will be written after 20h-40h played by the reviewer, to get one out at as soon as possible.
To be honest, even if they had 2 weeks, it wouldn't change much.

jackofshadows

Magister
Can you realize that Larian are trying to please pretty much everyone they can? In other words, there're shippers who excited to be beared and there're lots of nerds who don't give a shit about that and gonna play on tactician etc. That said, the nerds tend to like SH a lot.

Rhobar121

Scholar
In the case of reddit, at least they don't pretend they're not a bunch of degenerates. I bet at least half of the people who complain about bg3 in this thread will eventually play it.

Ryzer

Arcane
Bold of you to assume they will play beyond the first hour.
So just like when they reviewed the first two original sin games before they dropped the 10/10 shill reviews?
On point.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So just like when they reviewed the first two original sin games before they dropped the 10/10 shill reviews?
On point.
Yeah, I like the fact that if we go by reviewers, Larian has only released 10/10 games since D:OS

Gradenmayer

Learned
On point.
Yes, the exact same shit. Actual reviews will drop in a month after the release, when most will not watch or read them.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Meh, reviews will come out on launch day, right, so who will be reading them?
Do you think many reviewers are going to finish the game and write a review or play 10 hours and not give a shit?
Most of them don't even get past half of the relatively short game.

Saravan

Savant
The only use case for game journos is that high ratings pushes suits to finance more of whatever the fuck produced those ratings as they are typically associated with high sales figures.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
On point.
Nigger look up user reviews on steam with 100+ hours played, 90%+ are positive.

Keep on seething though

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
On point.

Keep on seething though
Of course they would be positive, who plays a game he doesn't like for 100+ hours before writing his negative review, lol?

I know who - a codex denizen.

Gradenmayer

Learned
On point.

Keep on seething though
Of course they would be positive, who plays a game he doesn't like for 100+ hours before writing his negative review, lol?

Bitch numbers, a lot of people leave negative reviews on games they play for 1000 or more hours.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Wow SoD really pulls out all the stops to emasculate the Bhaalspawn.

I'm just gonna say it. Sarevok did nothing wrong.

Rhobar121

Scholar
On point.

Keep on seething though

You're wrong, the average codex denizen will complete the game 7 times.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
inspiration is a buff you cast on someone and they get to choose to use the die BEFORE THEY ROLL. Not after.
Isn't that RAW though

Definitely not. Would be a much less class defining ability were that the case:

“RAW” said:
Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
90% of people who spend over 100 hours expanding their anal cavity with various household objects rate the experience as positive. Let's go boys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom