Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Drakortha

Liturgist
Nigger look up user reviews on steam with 100+ hours played, 90%+ are positive.

Keep on seething though
Most people like garbage. It's true for all media. Look at Hollywood and Netflix movies. Absolute fucking trash, yet they get high ratings and reviews.

Do you even care if something is actually good or not? Or does the only thing that matters to you is what the majority of consumers think?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Keep on seething though
Most people like garbage. It's true for all media. Look at Hollywood and Netflix movies. Absolute fucking trash, yet they get high ratings and reviews.

Do you even care if something is actually good or not? Or does the only thing that matters to you is what the majority of consumers think?
afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

Cope, seethe and dilate

Gradenmayer

Learned
inspiration is a buff you cast on someone and they get to choose to use the die BEFORE THEY ROLL. Not after.
Isn't that RAW though

Definitely not. Would be a much less class defining ability were that the case:

“RAW” said:
Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.
I think they changed how reactions work for release. Monk can choose between using reaction deflect or not right before getting shot for example.

MerchantKing

Learned
I read that reviewers will get keys six days before launch day. I wonder how many reviews will be written after 20h-40h played by the reviewer, to get one out at as soon as possible.
Bold of you to assume they will play beyond the first hour.
So just like when they reviewed the first two original sin games before they dropped the 10/10 shill reviews?
On point.

Keep on seething though
Of course they would be positive, who plays a game he doesn't like for 100+ hours before writing his negative review, lol?

I know who - a codex denizen.
Bitch numbers, a lot of people leave negative reviews on games they play for 1000 or more hours.
You have to play a game a really long time to see how bad everything truly is.

Ryzer

Arcane
Swen, trying so hard to put aside the god-awful itemization and armor system of divinity original sin 2.
Also we are talking about Steam, the platform where Call of duty modern warfare 2 hits its record of sales and rank in the top.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Swen, trying so hard to put aside the god-awful itemization and armor system of divinity original sin 2.
Also we are talking about Steam, the platform where Call of duty modern warfare 2 hits its record of sales and rank in the top.
Damn so you're telling me DOS2 is still superior to your archaic crpg trash despite the armor system? Thanks for the compliment bro

Saravan

Savant
Sorry Swen but DoS2 fails where it matters for a RPG, the combat, 95% approval or not. The prospect of BG3 is that a sane ruleset stops your autism from overtaking but still allows the terrain and environment mechanics that at a conceptual level were interesting in DoS to flourish. I’m not sure it’s enough though with some of these homebrew rules but we will see.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Coping with the score of an early access game, LOL. Try again my butthurt friend
Relax, bro. I don't give a shit about steam reviews. It means fucking nothing and is not indicative of a game I would want to play. There's an ocean of trash on steam that gets 90% reviews that I wouldn't play if you paid me.

Ryzer

Arcane
afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

Cope, seethe and dilate
Oh dear..

7o3ClPo.png

How could BG3 score worse than that mediocre trash Original Sin 2?

I think you're the one who's coping friend.
Coping with the score of an early access game (that is still much higher than most crpgs), LOL. Try again my butthurt friend
Now will you share the reviews where everyone mention that it's not a true Baldur's gate game but instead Divinity original sin 3?

Steezus

Savant
Patron

Keep on seething though

afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

Cope, seethe and dilate

Irenicus doesn't deserve this. :negative:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Oh dear..

7o3ClPo.png

How could BG3 score worse than that mediocre trash Original Sin 2?

I think you're the one who's coping friend.
Coping with the score of an early access game (that is still much higher than most crpgs), LOL. Try again my butthurt friend
Now will you share the reviews where everyone mention that it's not a true Baldur's gate game but instead Divinity original sin 3?
Only a marginal group of butthurt BGtards are saying that.

Anyway when BG3 releases, nobody will think anymore about the archaic trash when they hear the name Baldur's gate but will only relate the name with my superior game.

You'll have to.... bear with it

afbeelding.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
inspiration is a buff you cast on someone and they get to choose to use the die BEFORE THEY ROLL. Not after.
Isn't that RAW though

“RAW” said:
Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.
I think they changed how reactions work for release. Monk can choose between using reaction deflect or not right before getting shot for example.

Bardic Inspiration has nothing to do with reactions, that’s why this is an issue. Bardic Inspiration is just a buff you throw on someone. The decision to spend that die isn’t an action at all.

The way the monk’s deflect works was a broad reaction change implemented in the EA at the end of last year.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
To forge a legacy, you need an identity. Baldur’s Gate 3 is a game all about you. Your decisions in character creation will impact your experiences in Faerûn.BG3 launches August 3rd on PC with 12 classes, 46 subclasses, 11 races, and 31 subraces.

You can choose your pronouns. Joy.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I assume people from BG3 team don't have enough brain to know why they should lock penis to body with no breasts during character model's autogeneration.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sorry Swen but DoS2 fails where it matters for a RPG, the combat, 95% approval or not. The prospect of BG3 is that a sane ruleset stops your autism from overtaking but still allows the terrain and environment mechanics that at a conceptual level were interesting in DoS to flourish. I’m not sure it’s enough though with some of these homebrew rules but we will see.
Jokes aside, but these review scores for D:OS2 are the living proof that morons play games they don't put the minimum effort to understand, then morons review games, therefore reviews don't matter one bit.

Elsewise reviews would reflect the fact that D:OS2's combat doesn't honor its own rules when it comes to initiative - something that's outright broken and at some point Larian just said "We don't care, lol, also we made it that way on purpose".

But hey - flashy graphics, zany humor, speak with animals!
That's the kind of game that has 95% positive reviews.

So fuck D:OS2 and fuck your positive reviews.

Zeriel

Arcane
To forge a legacy, you need an identity. Baldur’s Gate 3 is a game all about you. Your decisions in character creation will impact your experiences in Faerûn.BG3 launches August 3rd on PC with 12 classes, 46 subclasses, 11 races, and 31 subraces.

To forge a legacy, you need an identity... or just change it whenever you want lmao. Well I guess in a world in which people believe they can change their sex any time at will, changing your class identity at will is just normal too.

I identify as a CEO. Give me my 350,000/yr salary, bigot!

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron

'Every choice you make in character creation will have an influence on the way the story will play later...'

I look forward to seeing how the Penis A playthrough will differ from the Penis B playthrough

Gradenmayer

Learned
Isn't that RAW though

“RAW” said:

Bardic Inspiration has nothing to do with reactions, that’s why this is an issue. Bardic Inspiration is just a buff you throw on someone. The decision to spend that die isn’t an action at all.

The way the monk’s deflect works was a broad reaction change implemented in the EA at the end of last year.
Yeah, that sucks. Doesn’t the die range for it increase with levels in 5e? Like D8 at level 5 and such?

Man I hate these bleeding hearts.
Imagine being so fucking delusional and out of touch with reality that you are unable to understand that a studio that is staking everything on this release is better "crunching" for the final rush of development (pre-release) and barely making time for reviewers than risking being crushed by going against fucking Starfield one month later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom