Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
We'll definitely be seeing more of those. Calling it now, BG3 is going to end with a huge battle between spelljammers in space.
Baldur's Gate 3 ends at level 10. It's more like the final battle will be 3 ilithids and you'll get some gimmick to help you through the battle
I wish. Larian won't be able to resist the urge to make it "epic" though.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
We'll definitely be seeing more of those. Calling it now, BG3 is going to end with a huge battle between spelljammers in space.
Baldur's Gate 3 ends at level 10. It's more like the final battle will be 3 ilithids and you'll get some gimmick to help you through the battle
I wish. Larian won't be able to resist the urge to make it "epic" though.
Let's not forget that just a couple of months ago we were preoccupied this was going to be a Baldur's Gate: Inquisition game. Maybe Larian can still positively surprise us.

Lacrymas

Arcane
We speculated that it being TB would be a very unlikely miracle, but still possible. Larian not going epic with these writers is impossible ;d

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Baldur's Gate 3 ends at level 10. It's more like the final battle will be 3 ilithids [...]
Imagine unironically thinking that would be a bad thing.

"Oh no, they found a way to use a terrifying monster as an endgame boss instead of just throwing it against the player as cannon fodder. I want to fight gods and only gods!"

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Let's not forget that just a couple of months ago we were preoccupied this was going to be a Baldur's Gate: Inquisition game. Maybe Larian can still positively surprise us.

If they get rid of their environmental gimmick (or seriously tone it down), get back to a classic D&D itemization and get rid of the cool-downs, it works for me ...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
magine unironically thinking that would be a bad thing.

"Oh no, they found a way to use a terrifying monster as an endgame boss instead of just throwing it against the player as cannon fodder. I want to fight gods and only gods!"

Wrong. The biggest concern is that Larian will NERF most enemies to make then fightable vs low level parties.

Intellect Devourers are CR 7 on 5e. https://www.5esrd.com/gamemastering...s-by-type/aberrations/intellect-devourer-3pp/

And a bunch of lv 1 poorly equipped guys defeating a bunch of then on the beginning of the demo.

No, and you only fight DEMI gods on epic levels. Mephistopheles is the final boss of hotu. You face him at epic levels. Baldur's Gate 2 Shadows of Amn had the lv cap varying for classes. For sorcerers is 17(EE and ToB raises it to epic levels), so no stop time, wish and etc. PFKM demi god(lantern king) is a optional enemy and without disabling xp share, you can end the game around lv 17. Similar to BG2.

With lv cap = 11 you can have the warlocks mystic arcanum, artificer spell-storing item, fighter third extra attack, cantrips like fire bolt to 3d10, rangers and monks archetype feature and rogue´s reliable talent... And a single use of a tier 6 spell per rest. Descend to Arvenus is a lv 1 to 13 module, so i believe that lv cap = 13 is more appropriated.

User0001

Savant
magine unironically thinking that would be a bad thing.

Descend to Arvenus is a lv 1 to 13 module, so i believe that lv cap = 13 is more appropriated.

^This^.. But preferably 14 so that your subclass choice get a meaningful end.

DraQ

Arcane
I googled "Baldur's Gate worst weapons" and didn't find Lilura's blog at all.....

I know this may come as a surprise to you, but people search for "best" much more than they do "worst". Targeting "worst" SEO is a waste of time if your goal is ever-steepening inclination and butthurt generation.

I tap into Baldur's Gate power-gamer demographic, and autists. These people are the life-force of the Baldur's Gate fanbase.
Interdasting.
I typed "worst baldur's gate blog" into my search engine and yours came up second.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Nope -

nmw8Ozt.jpg

Like I've mentioned before, they did indeed nerf them by not granting them Devour Intellect. That is what makes them dangerous to lvl 2 parties, but they are quite toothless without it. Shitty stats, shitty saves, etc.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I do it because I truly have potential to make a change and have the passion to attempt it.

If you want to affect change, think of it this way:

This thread has 1,000,000 views. Wow, right? But most of it's just F5'ing by a trashmob.

It's just the same dozen 'tards reading your shit. And some curious onlookers.

This is where blogging comes in. But the problem is, how can you make a blog that gets indexed by Google, and attains a high ranking?

How can you make it so that, every time you post, Google likes it?
Cross promotion is all we need. If my blog can attract 500000 and your blog can attract 500000 and there's no overlap then together we pretty much have 1 million users. I can use some css, Java script, and PHP to make it so your blog looks nicer and is cooler and I'll make it so every time someone presses a link there's a 1 percent chance it links to the others blog. We can colab on articles and even make debunct videos about each other. On my side bar I can link to your blog and you can do the same.

Codex Year of the Donut

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Of course not, Ontopoly.
.. I wouldn't expect you people to notice or even know what writing style means. I'm assuming you didn't read literally any of the thread..

Is not knowing what words mean your writing style?
Work on this before you start the blog.
Since when do you even comment, I'm use to just seeing your name beside the retarded rating. Of course my blog will be written much more professionally than a comment on the codex. I'll even proof read it. Blogs require a different writing style and I've put in the effort. I even go more in depth because as a medium blogs are much better at that. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised. Even blown away

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Baldur's Gate 3 ends at level 10. It's more like the final battle will be 3 ilithids [...]
Imagine unironically thinking that would be a bad thing.

All I mean to say is if a game is going to heavily feature a bunch of enemy types with civilizations and societal structures I'd like to interact with more than 3. Maybe they'll go the whole rogue ilithid route but if they don't and the enemy is ilithids with some bigger threat behind it all like swen mentioned, then I would expect a better Grand finale then a couple mind dogs and 3 tentacle boys. I'm predicting everything to be super nerfed, with your mind flayers brain seed counter acting their brain waves or some crap. The difference between bg3 and toee is toee had a bunch of fans that aren't degenerates. Toee people know how to appreciate while DOS fanboys jizz themselves over wacky writing and elemental gimmicks.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Nope -

nmw8Ozt.jpg

Like I've mentioned before, they did indeed nerf them by not granting them Devour Intellect. That is what makes them dangerous to lvl 2 parties, but they are quite toothless without it. Shitty stats, shitty saves, etc.
a cr2 creature info mentioning wish as a counter to one of its abilities
:nocountryforshitposters:
Its 5D. What did you expect?

Lacrymas

Arcane
a cr2 creature info mentioning wish as a counter to one of its abilities
:nocountryforshitposters:
It's not a counter, it's a way to regain your devoured brain. If someone casts protection from evil and good on your now brainless body, you just die and the devourer is expelled. I wish wish didn't exist, but there you go.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Of course not, Ontopoly.
.. I wouldn't expect you people to notice or even know what writing style means. I'm assuming you didn't read literally any of the thread..

Is not knowing what words mean your writing style?
Work on this before you start the blog.
Since when do you even comment, I'm use to just seeing your name beside the retarded rating. Of course my blog will be written much more professionally than a comment on the codex. I'll even proof read it. Blogs require a different writing style and I've put in the effort. I even go more in depth because as a medium blogs are much better at that. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised. Even blown away
A blog in 2020, just lol. Youtube is a much better way to channel your rampant autism. Just like blogs, BG1 and 2 have become irrelevant. Time to embrace the future and of course, BG3.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hm... Now that you mention it, you do sound a bit like fanta.
Is that an attempt at personal insult???
Of course not, Ontopoly.

DO you want to get scrapped?
Bro, do you even lift?
Begone you metal bag filled with oil!

We speculated that it being TB would be a very unlikely miracle, but still possible. Larian not going epic with these writers is impossible ;d

Clearly an admission of incompetence. Modern Larian can hardly make something simple as a TB game,let alone a complex RTwP game lol.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, making a game so brainlessly easy that even fantadomat can finish it takes a special kind of effort. Swen could never do it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
"Complex like RTwP" lolololoolololololoolololololololololololololololoolololololol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom