Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Goldschmidt

Learned
  • D&D Ruleset (5th edition is inferior to 2nd or 3rd/even POE mechanics are better/more interesting)
  • Multi-classing (fair but dont care)
  • Party-based (any rpg but no 5 or 6 party members)
  • Tactical Combat (BG 2's combat is tactical, DOS is not tactical)
  • The Sword Coast
  • Sprawling Adventure (any rpg)
  • NPC Interactions (seems iffy, based on previous Larian games)
  • Forgotten Realms
  • Mind Flayers
[/QUOTE]

So which means the only valid thing you liked about Baldur's Gate which made it unique was the setting. And even the setting Larian doesn't do well if we judge recent gameplay videos. Their style is completely different. When it comes to setting, Obsidian would have done a much better job in that regard.

The core of any game is its gameplay and for Baldur's Gate it means rtwp tactical combat with a party of 6 in isometric camera view.

Lilliput McHammersmith

• D&D Ruleset (5th edition is inferior to 2nd or 3rd/even POE mechanics are better/more interesting)
  • Multi-classing (fair but dont care)
  • Party-based (any rpg but no 5 or 6 party members)
  • Tactical Combat (BG 2's combat is tactical, DOS is not tactical)
  • The Sword Coast
  • Sprawling Adventure (any rpg)
  • NPC Interactions (seems iffy, based on previous Larian games)
  • Forgotten Realms
  • Mind Flayers

So which means the only valid thing you liked about Baldur's Gate which made it unique was the setting. And even the setting Larian doesn't do well if we judge recent gameplay videos. Their style is completely different. When it comes to setting, Obsidian would have done a much better job in that regard.

The core of any game is its gameplay and for Baldur's Gate it means rtwp tactical combat with a party of 6 in isometric camera view.

Brah that’s your opinion. I don’t care if you think it’s valid. I am excited for BG3 because of all those things. You asked what I was excited for in BG3, and then you said “any RPG” for some of the stuff on the list.
:what:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Fair enough, I'm too drunk to read that fanboy drivel for a second time right now, but I know that every post critical of the game is being downvoted to hell, however reasonable the post is. You fanboy fuckers even invaded the BG3-hate thread (which shouldn't exist in the first place) and downvote every "BG3-hater" there.

That you're not ashamed of yourself shilling for a shitty "DOS2-Baldur's Gate Edition" is beyond my imagination.
Don't be jealous of Ontopoly, it's clear you are also very talented so we at Larian will also hire you as a toilet cleaner.

Wishful thinking, which is what everyone with even half a brain can agree is all that you're posting here, isn't that convincing, you know? So you can kindly suck my dick, newfag losér.
So I will take that as a yes, you are interested in cleaning toilets at Larian, great to hear! And please contain your excitement, we know toilet cleaner is an upgrade from whatever you're doing now.

49xkqe.jpg

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Brah that’s your opinion. I don’t care if you think it’s valid. I am excited for BG3 because of all those things. You asked what I was excited for in BG3, and then you said “any RPG” for some of the stuff on the list.

Fair enough. Good for you!

I hope every Larian Dev burns in hell (and yes you turds are browsing these fora).
Man, when you use the word "forum" as in "internet community", you are using an English word, not a Latin one. The plural is "forums".

I know that's irrelevant, but please stop saying "fora" because it makes me think about anuses due to how my dialect works and that makes me uncomfortable.

Lilliput McHammersmith

I hope every Larian Dev burns in hell (and yes you turds are browsing these fora).
Man, when you use the word "forum" as in "internet community", you are using an English word, not a Latin one. The plural is "forums".

I know that's irrelevant, but please stop saying "fora" because it makes me think about anuses due to how my dialect works and that makes me uncomfortable.
Took me so long to figure out what he was saying lol.

Salvo

Arcane

Took me so long to figure out what he was saying lol.

If we're arguing semantics, you are both correct. Although the widespread word is "forums" a-la english.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
RE: D&D is a mainstream hobby - xxxxxxxxxxx (this is me pressing x to doubt). It depends on the definition of mainstream. The DM of my current group organized a session with a few randoms off the internet (including me) who were unfortunately too pussy to come to the actual session. In a club. On the most popular/populated street in the city. Anyway, after we saw they weren't coming and weren't answering on messenger, we went around with a sign looking for players but couldn't find any. We then went to a bar and almost hooked up but that's besides the point. So, yeah, not mainstream enough to find random people to play with you on a Friday night (that's not entirely true, some flirted with the idea but didn't come). It's more mainstream than the other tabletop RPGs, but that's it.

Now that I think about it, two weird nerds going around with a sign might not be the most scientific of evidence.

Oh well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My point is that I very much doubt it's that popular. It's not like video games which were considered for fat nerds at best but then the dudebros discovered Halo or whatever and now the industry is terrible. It's still a niche thing. It's one thing for Larian to make a popular game based on D&D, it's something different entirely to convince your friends to meet up regularly in order to roleplay how a black man sexually blackmails the wood elf autist because she couldn't keep her mouth shut and basically admitted to the mayor to having broken into his house and discovered his collection of womanly pantyhose in his upstairs bathroom.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
and people have repeatedly tried to intimidate those who don't like where this game is going into stopping to participate.

Please prove that. I have been following it too, and claiming that anyone was intimidating anybody else over an unreleased VIDEO GAME is asinine to the point of ludicrous. Bad troll at this point.

There has absolutely been intimidation. I have received a lot of private messages. Including Krispy who gave me a stern warning. Infinitron (turn based fanatic, constantly shows his bias for it over rtwp) banned me from participating in this thread because I spoke against a turn based game, which we all know he loves. He has also attached tags to my name to try to minimize what I say in the eyes of the people. All this because he's a Larian cultist, and use bias towards anything tb. That's a prime example of intimidating people into silence.

You fanboy fuckers even invaded the BG3-hate thread (which shouldn't exist in the first place) and downvote every "BG3-hater" there.

It's a great and valid thread. Not sure what you mean by this. But they absolutely TRIED to invade it. They can't have people say anything against their precious cult leader and his private studio. Even when it's easily out of their sight.

Why pay money for making a game in certain setting, when they could make game in theirs own setting for free?

Because they realized that it sucked. Passionate people don't spend some 15 years making their own universe only to drop it the second someone offers them a different one. Swen practically begged them for the chance to work on bg3 and Mike mearls was stupid enough to let him. Imagine developing a world for that long and then dropping it. If swen can't even maintain his own world and make it something he's proud and passionate about, why would you trust him with a different one. Imagine dropping something you've been working on for that long. Swen is spineless and has zero passion. He has no faith in his own product, yet his cultists will defend it until the end of time.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I only disagree about PoE mechanics. At least on 5e, you don't have wizards/clerics going to the gym, so they can heal more and throw deadlier and hotter fireballs... Anyway, the same thing that mades PoE awful made 5e weaker than 2e and 3e : The balance cult. Just like the equality cult is responsible for ruining almost all countries in the world, the balance cult is responsible for ruining the gaming. 5e is just well received because after they followed a little less the balance dogma compared to 4e.

Lilliput McHammersmith

and people have repeatedly tried to intimidate those who don't like where this game is going into stopping to participate.

Please prove that. I have been following it too, and claiming that anyone was intimidating anybody else over an unreleased VIDEO GAME is asinine to the point of ludicrous. Bad troll at this point.

There has absolutely been intimidation. I have received a lot of private messages. Including Krispy who gave me a stern warning. Infinitron (turn based fanatic, constantly shows his bias for it over rtwp) banned me from participating in this thread because I spoke against a turn based game, which we all know he loves. He has also attached tags to my name to try to minimize what I say in the eyes of the people. All this because he's a Larian cultist, and use bias towards anything tb. That's a prime example of intimidating people into silence.

You fanboy fuckers even invaded the BG3-hate thread (which shouldn't exist in the first place) and downvote every "BG3-hater" there.

It's a great and valid thread. Not sure what you mean by this. But they absolutely TRIED to invade it. They can't have people say anything against their precious cult leader and his private studio. Even when it's easily out of their sight.

Why pay money for making a game in certain setting, when they could make game in theirs own setting for free?

Because they realized that it sucked. Passionate people don't spend some 15 years making their own universe only to drop it the second someone offers them a different one. Swen practically begged them for the chance to work on bg3 and Mike mearls was stupid enough to let him. Imagine developing a world for that long and then dropping it. If swen can't even maintain his own world and make it something he's proud and passionate about, why would you trust him with a different one. Imagine dropping something you've been working on for that long. Swen is spineless and has zero passion. He has no faith in his own product, yet his cultists will defend it until the end of time.

I didn’t know that levels of this retarded were possible. Infinitron can we intimidate him more, please? Apparently you are a tyrant oppressor.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
We then went to a bar and almost hooked up but that's besides the point.
Since we are reliving through the same arguments again and again, I guess you could go into details to spice things up a bit in this topic.
It's not that spicy. Well, it is but I don't want to tell the story in detail. We went to his place and he proposed getting intimate in a specific way (not sex), but I refused because I don't do any of that on first dates. We did get physical (not sex) on the third one though, which is uncharacteristic of me. A friend of mine plays in his group now, and I passionately wish I could be there too, but alas life is suffering.

To connect this to the topic lest the jewbot get angry - BG3 is a game that exists and we are talking about it right now in this very thread.

Last edited:

Lilliput McHammersmith

LOL

You fuckers segregated yourselves into threads that hate or praise BG3?

I have received a lot of private messages

make them public
No not at all. Just that the “haters” all got together into a single circlejerk thread, where they all repeat the exact same criticisms of a game that hasn’t even come out yet. It’s very entertaining to read.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
No not at all. Just that the “haters” all got together into a single circlejerk thread, where they all repeat the exact same criticisms of a game that hasn’t even come out yet. It’s very entertaining to read.
Unlike this thread that isn't a circle jerk? The hate thread is a great representation of free speech. Living proof that if people won't let you speak your opinion somewhere, it is our privilege to find a place that will. Also bg3 deserves a hate thread. Everything that sucks does.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Unlike this thread that isn't a circle jerk? The hate thread is a great representation of free speech. Living proof that if people won't let you speak your opinion somewhere, it is our privilege to find a place that will. Also bg3 deserves a hate thread. Everything that sucks does.
Hahaha no. You keep making this up, and it just isn't true. You and others keep claiming that everyone in this thread are huge Larian-lovers and that we will eat this game up just because Larian made it. That might be true on r/DivinityOriginalSin on Reddit, but it isn't true here. I am very new to this site, but I have seen a lot of Larian hate. So many codexers loathe Larian, so this cabal of cultists that you're so afraid of doesn't even exist.

We just dislike you more than we dislike Larian.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Since we are reliving through the same arguments again and again, I guess you could go into details to spice things up a bit in this topic.
It's not that spicy. Well, it is but I don't want to tell the story in detail. We went to his place and he proposed getting intimate in a specific way (not sex), but I refused because I don't do any of that on first dates. We did get physical (not sex) on the third one though, which is uncharacteristic of me. A friend of mine plays in his group now, and I passionately wish I could be there too, but alas life is suffering.

To connect this to the topic lest the jewbot gets angry - BG3 is a game that exists and we are talking about it right now in this very thread.
I think we should move the discussion to the Baldur's Gate 3 sex thread, there should be one by now.

We can go with this one with a broad interpretation of the word "love": https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/baldurs-gate-3-love-thread.132127/

I forgot that there's the romance one: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/baldurs-gate-iii-romances.128045/

And the traditional sex vs. threesomes one: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/would-you-prefer-if-baldurs-gate-3-was-2d-or-3d.128020/

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I didn’t know that levels of this retarded were possible. Infinitron can we intimidate him more, please? Apparently you are a tyrant oppressor.

Hopefully when the Early Access comes out next month, all of these weirdos will be intimidated away by the sight of people actually playing the game.

One of the earliest threads I remember from back when I joined the Codex was for the then-recently released Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which was called something like "The I Am Actually Playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution Thread". Presumably because there was a previous thread that was filled with this same sort of nonsense.

It's a problem whenever these sorts of long-awaited sequels and spiritual successors occur. A lot of discussion that centers more around the idea that the game even exists, and how that makes the poster feel, than the actual game itself.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao

To connect this to the topic lest the jewbot gets angry - BG3 is a game that exists and we are talking about it right now in this very thread.
I think we should move the discussion to the Baldur's Gate 3 sex thread, there should be one by now.

We can go with this one with a broad interpretation of the word "love": https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/baldurs-gate-3-love-thread.132127/
Y'all debaucherous Slaaneshi worshipers disgust me.
I just want an irl group of hazard stripe paintainig connoisseurs to play Wh40k tabletop RPGs with.
1529531365372.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

LOL. What there is to discuss on romances of BG2? PF:WoTR will gonna have romanceable succubus.

--------------------------------

Anyway, necromany on 2 games
BG3 = Larian din't confirmed if will limit to only one summon or not. Regardless, only useless low CR undead can be created on 5e. Due lv cap = 10, no iconic spells like finger of death and wail of the banshee and even if you mod to raise it to 20, enjoy two FoD per long rest which deals a tinny amount of damage.
PF:WoTR = You can follow a mythic path and become a Lich, or a Demon Lord(not sure about demon lord), romance a succubus, reanimate bosses to serve you, and lead a undead/demoniac army. Can cast finger of death, can cast wail of the banshee, Horrid Wilting and other high level necromancy spells which I love. Also can have 5+ casts of then per rest(if specialized wizard) or 6+ if sorcerer of undead bloodline.

My unique critique is the lack of chain contigency. Imagine being able to cast 3 x Horrid Wilting when you see the enemy, like on BG2...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom