Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shadowfell Entrance warns me that some quests might fail etc. "depending on my choices." Am I meant to wait on entering the Shadowfell until I've fully cleared out the Shadowlands?

Gradenmayer

Learned
so i intimidated some dress wearer in burning inn and he said i should go to hideout and trade. but there is no one inside. should i go and smash his head for messing with me or it's a bug? :argh:
If you mean guy with crossbow and barrel- There is a hatch next to him, in that same room.

MerchantKing

Learned
It's a reasonable assumption based on surveys that show the percentage of libtard true believers isn't that great (something like 15% of the pop IIRC, and the truly hardcore about half that).
And yet people who are not true believers still choose to go along with everything. One could choose to not go along with people in positions of perceived authority or to perpetuate their ideas.
They get their way over the majority of the moderately sane population because your mates have installed them in positions of power and authority as "janissaries." ;) So much for "our democracy." :)

(But let's keep that stuff to the politics sub-forum eh.)
Cool it with the antisemitic remarks. Most of those people aren't Jews. Most of them are white people.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Story so far:
dHJheS5naWY.gif

Gradenmayer

Learned
so i intimidated some dress wearer in burning inn and he said i should go to hideout and trade. but there is no one inside. should i go and smash his head for messing with me or it's a bug? :argh:
If you mean guy with crossbow and barrel- There is a hatch next to him, in that same room.
that's exactly what i've said - hideout is empty.
There were a bunch of NPC right after the iron gates. Thought I went there after securing caravan survivors with their iron chest (of course I emptied it).

Artyoan

Prophet
Not going good with Josh retweeting this

Elden Ring and Tears are refinements of games that aren't 20-40 years old. Demon Souls was 2009. BotW was 2015. D:OS (the closest progenitor to BG3) was 2014.

Was From supposed to make Demon Souls and then move into new territory instead of iterating on it? Look at the progress between Demon Souls to Dark Souls to Elden Ring. Why is that not happening for these other devs? Also, do similar mechanics make them 'the same game'?

This criticism is bullshit. Its like saying one can't make money in investment unless they go back in time and buy shares. Consider for a moment, that you buy shares now and what happens in 20-40 years? Given the actual dates, what would happen if they just made a few games, within a single decade of time, that actually did build on itself?

They're showing how it's done and these guys balk at that instead of taking notes. Nuts.

Lemming42

Arcane
Just cleared Act 2 and set off on the road to Baldur's Gate. Exciting!

tm19vBY.png

What you're seeing in this screenshot is what I've been looking at on my screen for the past two minutes. Really cool! Great! Love that this is happening right at a climactic moment! Tried reloading my save three times but it goes to a black screen every time.

Fucking Swen and his fucking company. Six years in the making and it still shits itself and bricks out.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I couldn't do it. I uninstalled it after 15 more hours or so. I'm done compromising with the rest because of the nice combat and good exploration. I go make some nice tea and replay some old games.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's a reasonable assumption based on surveys that show the percentage of libtard true believers isn't that great (something like 15% of the pop IIRC, and the truly hardcore about half that).
And yet people who are not true believers still choose to go along with everything. One could choose to not go along with people in positions of perceived authority or to perpetuate their ideas.
They get their way over the majority of the moderately sane population because your mates have installed them in positions of power and authority as "janissaries." ;) So much for "our democracy." :)

(But let's keep that stuff to the politics sub-forum eh.)
Cool it with the antisemitic remarks. Most of those people aren't Jews. Most of them are white people.

*restrains self*

But just on a general level, people don't really choose a lot of the time, they are "programmed," it's not a good or bad thing, it's just how it is. Learning how to live a life of rational choosing was almost the entire content of the philosophy of antiquity.

So the question is who's in charge of their programming - is it someone who has good intentions for them or bad, etc. Quis custodiet and all that.

Last edited:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Just cleared Act 2 and set off on the road to Baldur's Gate. Exciting!

tm19vBY.png

What you're seeing in this screenshot is what I've been looking at on my screen for the past two minutes. Really cool! Great! Love that this is happening right at a climactic moment! Tried reloading my save three times but it goes to a black screen every time.

Fucking Swen and his fucking company. Six years in the making and it still shits itself and bricks out.
Yeah bugs suck sometimes but the game is so complex with multiple systems, it's actually amazing we don't have more bugs. Let's hope most of it gets patched out in the coming month(s)

Companions are definitely the worst thing about this game to me.
The companions are literally BeamDog levels of bad, so I am going to go full murder hobo on all of them. They are all gay anyway, so nobody will miss them. I might let Shadowheart live though, I am not sure. Her facial features make her kind of sus.

I wonder how far I will get.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Companions are definitely the worst thing about this game to me.
The companions are literally BeamDog levels of bad, so I am going to go full murder hobo on all of them. They are all gay anyway, so nobody will miss them. I might let Shadowheart live though, I am not sure. Her facial features make her kind of sus.

I wonder how far I will get.

Shadowtits is perilously close to a monobrow - emphasized all the more by her slightly exaggerated expressions.

gongal

Scholar
Any troon encounters after Act 1? I don't believe they wouldn't push that garbage in some lecturing manner later on in the game

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
that's exactly what i've said - hideout is empty.
If I understand correctly where you are, there is a fake hideout, and in it is the hidden entrance to the real hideout. Pass a perception check, see the button/lever, move some boxes, whatever. Cast Light if you have it, maybe its dark. Pull a torch out.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Will I miss out on anything if I start the game as Shadowheart instead of a custom character?

I’ve always found her story to be intriguing, but since I play as Cleric I had little reason to have her in the party.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Will I miss out on anything if I start the game as Shadowheart instead of a custom character?

I’ve always found her story to be intriguing, but since I play as Cleric I had little reason to have her in the party.
You can have a balanced party of 4 clerics, that class can specialize into everything.
And since Shadowheart's theme is mystery, maybe its better if she's a companion than the player. I haven't played the origins, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom