Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
New companion tier list from best to worst of the ones I recruited:

• Shadowheart: Halfway normal, but worships edgelord god and is written like a teenager. If certain conditions are met, the most and only attractive character in the bunch.
  • Jaheira (aka CHARNAME's gilf): She's old and senile, but seems like the character as we knew her. Only recently picked her up.
  • Lae'zel: Ugly, stupid and muh qUeEn. Good in a fight though.
  • Gale: Magic monkey. Literally rapes you because of a bug. Come on Larian, are you just forcefully making all male PCs gay now?

Everyone else is trash tier and I didn't recruit them.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Heavy MOTB vibes by the way.
There is a LOT of inspiration from MOTB:

1. the Thay wizard, that is locking his real lab behind a mirror in his cellar
2. the hag keeping someone trapped because of the memory of someone

... and I'm sure there is more. They really went with the sure-fire stuff, copying the essence of those things, not the things themselves.

rubinstein

Educated
e4ZCIVo.png

This is my internal monologue every time I buy a new RPG.
luv me sum immersive writing
this line RADIATES baldurs gate

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Man it never gets old seeing a big hulking lump of melee damage running at my backline and getting stuck because they ran a good distance past Lae'zel at she just roots them in place as a reaction so they stand there and do nothing on their turn, sheepishly.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
New companion tier list from best to worst:
Shadowheart: Jehovah witness cult child, I can fix her.
Laezel: arrogant bratty kid, life will fix her as misfortunes befall her
Karlach: 8 int dudebro chad, but actually a girl
Wyll: irresponsible at taking out demon loans
Gale: a character from your mom's romance novels
Astarion: pervy groomer hedonistic psycho
The two druids: lmao, druids
The boatman: some old senile guy who keeps following us around and asks for gold
The dog: good boy +420 reddit karma; wish I could throw him out and get the cat from the Light's Hope inn

Man it never gets old seeing a big hulking lump of melee damage running at my backline and getting stuck because they ran a good distance past Lae'zel at she just roots them in place as a reaction so they stand there and do nothing on their turn, sheepishly.
Druids have a spell (and bards can pick it up) that basically can root an entire melee encounter in place. Something like 3/4 move speed reduction.

MerchantKing

Learned
It's a reasonable assumption based on surveys that show the percentage of libtard true believers isn't that great (something like 15% of the pop IIRC, and the truly hardcore about half that).
And yet people who are not true believers still choose to go along with everything. One could choose to not go along with people in positions of perceived authority or to perpetuate their ideas.
They get their way over the majority of the moderately sane population because your mates have installed them in positions of power and authority as "janissaries." ;) So much for "our democracy." :)

(But let's keep that stuff to the politics sub-forum eh.)
Cool it with the antisemitic remarks. Most of those people aren't Jews. Most of them are white people.

*restrains self*

But just on a general level, people don't really choose a lot of the time, they are "programmed," it's not a good or bad thing, it's just how it is. Learning how to live a life of rational choosing was almost the entire content of the philosophy of antiquity.

So the question is who's in charge of their programming - is it someone who has good intentions for them or bad, etc. Quis custodiet and all that.
There is no unbreakable programming.

Shaki

Arbiter
I gotta say tho, for being 3 years in EA, the first act is bugged as shit. I ignored the ruins near the nautiloid for some time, and the respec skeleton that's supposed to be found there, just showed out of nowhere at my camp and my character acts as if it's perfectly normal and he met him before. Now that I actually went to that crypt, the sarcophagus that's supposed to have that skeleton only have some loot, and the quest to explore the ruins is impossible to complete and probably will be stuck in my journal and pissing me off forever. Shit like this happens a lot for me, I think in the ~20 hours I've played so far, I legit found more bugs than in my entire playthrough of trannyfinder on release.

I really feel like they had the predicted route that players are supposed to go, and me going straight to tieflings then to goblin camp lvl 3 to kill all the leaders before exploring anything else, fucked a lot of shit up. At least majority of the bugs are only annoyances, not actually gamebreaking, and those that are gamebreaking so far were fixed by a quick reload of the last save, so that's good. Still, the lack of polish in first act after 3 years of people replaying it constantly, is pretty worrying.

Again, (((testers))) must have been MASSIVE FAGGOTS to allow this shit and not the scantily-clad dream lover.
The change is too drastic for it to be done during EA - Full VA, animations, etc. That sort of stuff is built from the ground up, not as you go, even with iterative methodologies. Booking studio time is both expensive and very strict timeframe wise. EA was mostly a sandbox to take note of what worked and what didn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom