Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

motherfucker

Educated
Wow a whole lot of dragon age fans in here.
The game is practically Dragon Age when it comes to the cutscene dialogue, the romancefaggotry with the approval system (just like a bioware game), the camp, the transexual, homosexual, and degenerate characters, and overall bad gameplay.
I don't mean to say "I told you", but I literally told you:
I don't mean to start any drama, but since clearly so many people here are excited to play this, I feel compelled to ask: why? Bear gay sex aside, this game looks like Dragon Age Inquisition, plays like Divinity, and reads like both. What do you guys see here that I don't?
All I was going off was screenshots, I never played the EA nor seen any video footage of the game. Turns out it's not something you've seen but I didn't, but the other way around.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
The game is practically Dragon Age when it comes to the cutscene dialogue, the romancefaggotry with the approval system (just like a bioware game), the camp, the transexual, homosexual, and degenerate characters, and overall bad gameplay.
First you bored us all to tears for pages with your shithole country internet connection, now you're just plain retarded. Go suck on a gnome's cock (you can do that in BG3).

MerchantKing

Learned
First you bored us all to tears for pages with your shithole country internet connection, now you're just plain retarded. Go suck on a gnome's cock (you can do that in BG3).
Sounds like you have mental issues. Maybe you should see a psychiatrist and get that fixed.

MerchantKing

Learned
I don't mean to say "I told you", but I literally told you:
I don't mean to start any drama, but since clearly so many people here are excited to play this, I feel compelled to ask: why? Bear gay sex aside, this game looks like Dragon Age Inquisition, plays like Divinity, and reads like both. What do you guys see here that I don't?
All I was going off was screenshots, I never played the EA nor seen any video footage of the game. Turns out it's not something you've seen but I didn't, but the other way around.
I don't think I've read any of your posts in my life before today.

Reinhardt

Arcane

MerchantKing

Learned
No, it's worse, but do go on with your moral relativism.
What moral relativism?

MerchantKing

Learned

you can make gnome fly tho so it's not all bad.
Cool it with the antinanatic remarks.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Sounds like you have mental issues. Maybe you should see a psychiatrist and get that fixed.
I read better clapbacks in Wrahtfinders writing.

Reinhardt

Arcane

you can make gnome fly tho so it's not all bad.
Cool it with the antinanatic remarks.
yeah, it was cool moment.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The fuck? Did they remove the cloud save feature altogether?

I tried playing yesterday on my laptop, had to manually copy over the save files. And I no longer get the "Sync in progress" messages when saving.

Good thing my game breaking bug happened before this, during the weekend and my saves still restored normally :lol:

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
I wanted to make an idiot character.
Unfortunately, low intelligence doesn't really change the dialogue options.
I guess that's more of a Fallout thing, but what I am really missing from this are characterized player voices.
They all seem like the same, apathetic guy. So far there isn't any real character in the voice acting.

Kinda unfitting for various races as well. I haven't really heard a proper dwarven or half-orc voice either.
Some people say the voices in BG1 were corny (and they are right), but it's not really like the rest of the setting isn't.
It's not exactly the Brothers Karamazov. Just let me play as a dimwit and pick a fitting voice!

Oh yeah here is another thing I was wondering:
Apparently, you can play a Drow?
I haven't really looked into 5e Forgotten Realms, but aren't those killed on sight?
Iirc that was a major issue with Viconia in BG1/2. Is that considered here as well?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Basically playing as Robert E. Howards famous barbarian. "What would Conan do" is a good roleplaying premise for a lot of good outcomes.

VWexrFN.png
Lmao. Your dude doesn't look like Conan.
He looks like Copernicus after doing a thousand reps of stopping the sun and moving the earth.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
No, it's worse, but do go on with your moral relativism.
What moral relativism?

A phrase that's too complex for your sub-65 IQ brain.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Basically playing as Robert E. Howards famous barbarian. "What would Conan do" is a good roleplaying premise for a lot of good outcomes.

VWexrFN.png
Lmao. Your dude doesn't look like Conan.
He looks like Copernicus after doing a thousand reps of stopping the sun and moving the earth.

Which Conan are you refering to? It's like a mix of Frazetta's and Barry Windsor Smith's interpretation of the character. Schwarzenegger's portrayal of the character is the most unauthentic one when compared to the depiction in literature. I assume you only know that 80s movie.

Last edited:

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
I haven't really looked into 5e Forgotten Realms, but aren't those killed on sight?
Iirc that was a major issue with Viconia in BG1/2. Is that considered here as well?
Wizards of the Coast, the publisher of the popular role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, has recently announced changes to the way they will be depicting certain races in the game. One of the changes they have made is to remove the "evil" alignment tag from races that have traditionally been classified as evil in previous editions of the game. This change is being made in order to reduce harmful stereotypes and promote more diverse and inclusive representation in the game.
There you go. Orcs and Drow were never evil! Just misunderstood.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Culture warriors really pissed off this game is such a success.
It's highly amusing how they sperg about "morality" 24/7 like some closet gay bishop, then proceed to murderhobo the whole game and cry about not being able to kill children. The true pinncacle of western civilisation.

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
Wizards of the Coast, the publisher of the popular role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, has recently announced changes to the way they will be depicting certain races in the game. One of the changes they have made is to remove the "evil" alignment tag from races that have traditionally been classified as evil in previous editions of the game. This change is being made in order to reduce harmful stereotypes and promote more diverse and inclusive representation in the game.
There you go. Orcs and Drow were never evil! Just misunderstood.

I knew about this, but I was hoping it was merely a change on the player side (and to appease weirdos who think their fantasy game of pretend has any tangible effect on the real world).

I mean Drow are still regarded as evil by the general population of the Forgotten Realms, right?
They don't just walk the streets, or do they?

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

VWexrFN.png
more like lord farquuad roleplaying idealized version of himself :lol:
Once again, the Arnold interpretation has nothing in common with the literary character or the comics that spawned of from that. I tried to get as close as possible to that with the options the character creation gave me. I'm statisfied.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom