Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Again, you people have the wrong idealized version of D&D in your minds.

This is actually true. Modern DnD is nothing but leftwing, lib shit, progressive degenerate brainrot. That last good edition was 2nd Edition. Anyone buying a DnD product nowadays has no reason to be surprised or confused about what they're getting. You can figure it out after ten fucking seconds of reading WotC's social media.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know what is Monocled?
image.png
No, liking something a lot of other people like is not monocled.

Liking obscure things all these other people never even heard about, now THAT is monocled!

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Ah yes. 3.5 by WotC, people completely unrelated to D&D other than buying the rights to the name. It's not real D&D.

Greenwood is a degenerate and his setting is equally degenerate. It can be effectively divorced from the ruleset.

I can't believe I actually agree with you for once. Amazing how degeneracy brings people together that normally would rather sling insults at each other.

:brodex:

Self-Ejected
You know what is Monocled?
image.png
No, liking something a lot of other people like is not monocled.

Liking obscure things all these other people never even heard about, now THAT is monocled!
Liking things for the sake of liking stuff that is obscure and dislike things because popular is idiotic tho.
I really don't get you guys. Finally they release a Crpg that has a massive success that for once is not an idiotic mediocre game and you all scream so hysterical.

I am glad Larian proved the devs that there is still marked about those games and not just action adventure and action rpg crap.

Sunri

Liturgist
i have encountered some bugs in act 3 npcs in tavern and brothel are running around like headless chickens when i talk to them, game teleports me to their original location except vox he just tells me to go to some room this girl that screams help teleported me to brothel from there anyway i got new pc and game look gorgeous on ultra feelsgoodman

lDj5ZUw.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
I'm completely ignorant of what D&D is and so I'll run my mouth.

You'd be surprised since Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson were both Christians. Staunchly at that. Let me show you how wrong you are with the TSR Code of Ethics circa 1984.

tsr-code-of-ethics-1982-jon-peterson-version.jpg

Point 4. All scenes of horror, excessive bloodshed, gory or gruesome scenes, depravity, lust, sadism, and masochism shall not be permitted.

Point 6. Profanity, obscenity/smut, vulgarity or words or symbols which have aquired undesirable meanings - judged by contemporary standards - are prohibited.

I draw your attention to point 10. Nudity in any form is prohibited. Suggestive and salacious scenes are unacceptable.

Point 11. Illicit sex relations are not to be portrayed or discussed and sexual abnormalities are unacceptable.

Point 12. Rape or seduction are never to be portrayed or discussed.

Notice point 13. It clearly says Sex perversion or any inference to same is strictly forbidden.

So you just lied about what is D&D. 6 of 13 points says that you're a goddamn liar.

Did you have anything intelligent to add that actually pertains to the history of the D&D game?
Old D&D, very old d&d, indeed. It's quite amusing to think about the accusations of satanism that Dungeons & Dragons faced back in the day. Ironically, the game had strict guidelines, and many of its spells and cleric miracles were directly inspired by biblical elements. This shows that the satanic claims were largely unfounded.
Now, when it comes to Baldur's Gate 3, it's interesting to note that the game remains 100% faithful to the Forgotten Realms setting, which is Ed Greenwood's creation dating back to... 1975. The roots of the game's lore and world-building aren't exactly new either. The sexual content present in Baldur's Gate 3 is in line with the creative direction established by Ed Greenwood's original creation within the Forgotten Realms. It maintains a higher level of maturity and sensuality that is consistent with the broader themes of the fantasy world, a more multi-dimensional storytelling , in comparison to the basic tomb looter gameplay.

Self-Ejected

You'd be surprised since Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson were both Christians. Staunchly at that. Let me show you how wrong you are with the TSR Code of Ethics circa 1984.

Point 4. All scenes of horror, excessive bloodshed, gory or gruesome scenes, depravity, lust, sadism, and masochism shall not be permitted.

Point 6. Profanity, obscenity/smut, vulgarity or words or symbols which have aquired undesirable meanings - judged by contemporary standards - are prohibited.

I draw your attention to point 10. Nudity in any form is prohibited. Suggestive and salacious scenes are unacceptable.

Point 11. Illicit sex relations are not to be portrayed or discussed and sexual abnormalities are unacceptable.

Notice point 13. It clearly says Sex perversion or any inference to same is strictly forbidden.

So you just lied about what is D&D. 6 of 13 points says that you're a goddamn liar.

Did you have anything intelligent to add that actually pertains to the history of the D&D game?
Old D&D, very old d&d, indeed. It's quite amusing to think about the accusations of satanism that Dungeons & Dragons faced back in the day. Ironically, the game had strict guidelines, and many of its spells and cleric miracles were directly inspired by biblical elements. This shows that the satanic claims were largely unfounded.
Now, when it comes to Baldur's Gate 3, it's interesting to note that the game remains 100% faithful to the Forgotten Realms setting, which is Ed Greenwood's creation dating back to... 1975. The roots of the game's lore and world-building aren't exactly new either. The sexual content present in Baldur's Gate 3 is in line with the creative direction established by Ed Greenwood's original creation within the Forgotten Realms. It maintains a higher level of maturity and sensuality that is consistent with the broader themes of the fantasy world, a more multi-dimensional storytelling , in comparison to the basic tomb looter gameplay.
Good luck explaining them that. They have their canonical Forgotten Realms in their mind.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Not the original Forgotten Realms that was published by TSR. All of his degeneracy came after Wizards bought it. This is you attempting a retcon. I have all of the AD&D 1E and 2E Forgotten Realms books. Not a single word of sexual deviancy is in there. All that is in the setting today is due to Wizards.

I didn't realize that fucking everything that moved was and Elminster becoming a woman for sex was more muiti-dimensional storytelling. We must have different tastes on what is good multi-dimensional storytelling.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The problem is, no one is concerned. Everyone who has posted in this topic like the game. And because you cannot stand the idea of people enjoying this game, you are filled with hate, which is really too bad. Gigax underwent significant improvements in recent years. Even while I might agree with you that the fifth edition of the lore is not the best, it doesn't really matter if we disagree because my point still stands. Greenwood was quite firm about the things I mentioned, so if you have complaints, go to him or write him a letter. Baldur's gate is in the Forgotten Realms and Greenwood is the setting creator.

I find amusing you people feel the need to come whining in a thread of a game you dislike. We love it and you can't suffer that.
People actually enjoy having sex, you know? You have no right to criticize someone because their choices and way of life are entirely their own. Regardless, the game is a huge success despite your dislike of it.
But keep crying nobody cares.
:smug:

Finally: Seethe, Cope, etc.

If you're going to pretend to be Mebs atleast post like a retard.
stormfront-the.gif

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Good luck explaining them that. They have their canonical Forgotten Realms in their mind.

Look at the old hag and her failure to understand how time works. She made the claim that sex was always involved since the beginning of D&D. When confronted with actual evidence showing her to be wrong she runs. What's the matter you dried up old woman? Can't you handle the facts of the matter?

Oh Forgotten Degeneracy is not D&D. D&D, you idiot, is the ruleset. FD is a setting. One setting out of tens of thousands out there.

Mortmal

Arcane

Not the original Forgotten Realms that was published by TSR. All of his degeneracy came after Wizards bought it. This is you attempting a retcon. I have all of the AD&D 1E and 2E Forgotten Realms books. Not a single word of sexual deviancy is in there. All that is in the setting today is due to Wizards.

I didn't realize that fucking everything that moved was and Elminster becoming a woman for sex. more muiti-dimensional storytelling. We must have different tastes on what is good multi-dimensional storytelling.
That's precisely a matter of taste. You might prefer something more in the classic Greyhawk style with dungeon delving, while Larian has adopted a more modern approach, somewhat akin to the style of play seen in Critical Role. Personally, I didn't necessarily request or expect the extensive hours of voice acting, and I would have been content with a visual quality less impressive than that of Baldur's Gate 3. However, it's hard to find much to complain about when they get so many things right. Their primary focus on storytelling has garnered them a broad audience, and their tactical combat mechanics are executed exceptionally well. Furthermore, the exploration and dungeon delving aspects are also of top-notch quality.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Meh, not my toilet, ignored.

How are there so many faggots on the codex lol?

Imagine arguing that checking on a friend or co worker who looks bummed at a party is showing romantic interest? Bunch of fucking weirdos
Yeah,it is a den of impressive faggotness in here. Most of the staff are also faggots or some weird degenerates,even a pedo.

I get liking the game because there are a lot of good aspects but the way they handled romance is the most dog shit way to do it ever in an rpg. And that's not an exaggeration, this game literally has the worst romance system in gaming history.

It's garbage that you can't have a single bro in the game because every male party member takes any effort to build comradery as an invitation to sodomize them. Where's the male friend who just wants to go on an adventure and crack some skulls? Bioware never goofed this hard on romance and party interactions.

The party and romance and system alone takes the game from a potential 9 to 7.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Nigga it is a larian game,why the fuck did you expect an ok writing ?! They are just making the same retarded garbo game for a third time. All the companions for now are identical,there is no difference between them. One fucks a goddess,another fucks a demon,the other one gets fucked by an elder vampire,etc etc . They all have some super powerful hidden shit. Also the game is garbo lol,it is not 7 let alone 9 buahahaha. There is not a single solid system in it.

Why are you here? In this particular thread? What's your goal?

Do you think that anyone here is truly interested in the same old lamentations about culture wars shit?

Doesn't it get old to always post the same garbage over and over again?

What a miserable, pathetic live you must lead.

You sound upset. Did your mommy fail to get you your tendies on time? Do you need your nappy changed? Isn't time for you to take a nap because you sound awfully grouchy?

How are there so many faggots on the codex lol?

Imagine arguing that checking on a friend or co worker who looks bummed at a party is showing romantic interest? Bunch of fucking weirdos
Yeah,it is a den of impressive faggotness in here. Most of the staff are also faggots or some weird degenerates,even a pedo.

I get liking the game because there are a lot of good aspects but the way they handled romance is the most dog shit way to do it ever in an rpg. And that's not an exaggeration, this game literally has the worst romance system in gaming history.

It's garbage that you can't have a single bro in the game because every male party member takes any effort to build comradery as an invitation to sodomize them. Where's the male friend who just wants to go on an adventure and crack some skulls? Bioware never goofed this hard on romance and party interactions.

The party and romance and system alone takes the game from a potential 9 to 7.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Nigga it is a larian game,why the fuck did you expect an ok writing ?! They are just making the same retarded garbo game for a third time. All the companions for now are identical,there is no difference between them. One fucks a goddess,another fucks a demon,the other one gets fucked by an elder vampire,etc etc . They all have some super powerful hidden shit. Also the game is garbo lol,it is not 7 let alone 9 buahahaha. There is not a single solid system in it.

:salute:

I played KotC2 on release, and it was a mess. Maybe it's better now, I don't know, but more complicated rules don't make up for a sadistic joke of a campaign. PS: fighters get to do a lot of fun stuff in BG3.
Passing on KotC2 after playing and beating KotC1. I seriously hate how encounter design that heavily relies on your -randomly- assigned starting position to not completely fuck you. Hope you like reloading. There are too many other games I want to play before trying 'part deux' of the same designer.
Yeah, it's like he doubled down on the worst aspects of KotC1 and expected this to work out well. What a dumbass
Yea Pierre should have realized players don’t care about challenge or difficulty, they want to have sex damnit! You can’t sex pogs!
tears-sadness.gif

You lost faggots. Your crying and coping won't change the fact BG3 is the most succesful crpg ever. The old boomer BG games are forgotten now, BG3 is king and the new gold standard for rpg's.

So repeat after me:

COPE, SEETHE and DILATE.

afbeelding.png

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
That's precisely a matter of taste.
Translation: You're right because you have all the facts, so I'm going to ramble about shit that has nothing to do with the claims that sexual degeneracy was always a part of D&D.

I'm glad you agree with me. Next time just say that you agree with me instead of creating a strawman to defeat the facts presented.

I don't give a fuck if you like this game. You can't sit there and lie with a straight face about historical facts.

Self-Ejected
The problem is, no one is concerned. Everyone who has posted in this topic like the game. And because you cannot stand the idea of people enjoying this game, you are filled with hate, which is really too bad. Gigax underwent significant improvements in recent years. Even while I might agree with you that the fifth edition of the lore is not the best, it doesn't really matter if we disagree because my point still stands. Greenwood was quite firm about the things I mentioned, so if you have complaints, go to him or write him a letter. Baldur's gate is in the Forgotten Realms and Greenwood is the setting creator.

I find amusing you people feel the need to come whining in a thread of a game you dislike. We love it and you can't suffer that.
People actually enjoy having sex, you know? You have no right to criticize someone because their choices and way of life are entirely their own. Regardless, the game is a huge success despite your dislike of it.
But keep crying nobody cares.
:smug:

Finally: Seethe, Cope, etc.

If you're going to pretend to be Mebs atleast post like a retard.
stormfront-the.gif
How about this:
This is not about you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom