Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Dr1f7

Scholar
Also, i just realized you can save in the middle of a conversation. This makes savescumming the most broken shit in this game.
they added this because some streamers were complaining that they had to reload and replay entire sequences when they got a conversation result they didn't like or when they didn't get a nat 20 dice roll
the whole game is designed for a twitch streamer

HammyTheFat

Scholar
Considering that the game takes into account multiple creative player solutions, things like stealing quest rewards before getting a reward, high effort everywhere, etc...

I'm shocked that Shadowheart has no comments about getting cucked in front of her eyes. Weird. Must be a Belgian thing.
Do they at least get catty about it in camp/while running around ala dragon age origins? I need to know for reasons.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It is old, but I just figured it out in the last year or so. It’s so forgotten now it may as well be brand spanking new. Born again, one might say.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Why are americans calling us poor on 4chan?

afbeelding.png

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Sexuality should be part of their character, it defines a person.
It's funny how both extreme woke and extreme anti-woke agree on this. Sexuality is part of a person but hardly defining for most of them.

Sodomy isn’t sexual.

Sexual is a type of reproduction, which is something an organism does when it is time to exit the stage to make way for new players, not to take the spotlight for oneself.

That’s why it’s not a great fit for the genre in the first place, which is why it wasn’t really there then. There are no kama sutra splatbooks.

Perfect example of someone obsessed with sexuality. Randomly starts talking about sodomy. Lots of cases like this. Sad.

Desiderius

Patron
It's funny how both extreme woke and extreme anti-woke agree on this. Sexuality is part of a person but hardly defining for most of them.

Sodomy isn’t sexual.

Sexual is a type of reproduction, which is something an organism does when it is time to exit the stage to make way for new players, not to take the spotlight for oneself.

That’s why it’s not a great fit for the genre in the first place, which is why it wasn’t really there then. There are no kama sutra splatbooks.

Perfect example of someone obsessed with sexuality. Randomly starts talking about sodomy. Lots of cases like this. Sad.

Lol truth hurt a little, brother?

I’m replying to a comment about sexuality that sees it where it isn’t. When you’ve got to twist meaning worse than a Bolshie it’s a sign you’ve let yourself get far afield from the real.

Real sexuality very much is the center of one’s identity *by the time one achieves it*. My boys absolutely are my first priority and will be the rest of my life in a way I had no idea about before they arrived.

I’m operating on new information and at least in part trying to get through to the knucklehead I was to convince him not to wait until 47 to get there like a dumbass.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I'm a pally that means with this shit party limit i'll probably won't take her. One full fighter is enough i think and elf waifu can be my back up tank slash healer/buffbot (assuming clerics work the same in 5E as in the past).

Already i'm compelled to take Astarion because of locked doors and eventual traps shit in the ruins. I hope there's a way to bypass the need to have a rogue for that kind of stuff because with a party limit of 4 that would be pretty fucking annoying.

I'm starting to think i should have just rolled as a mage for my main instead, but too late now, i ain't restarting.

BTW, the intro for the black guy (Wyll) was SOOOOO fucking cringe lmao. I also thought he was a Warlock why did he show up like Errol Flynn?
Shadowheart comes with some stealth/trap disarming/etc proficiency and you can choose a feat to further improve it on level 4. Either that or install the party limit begone + tactician plus mods to get a 5-man party with the same difficulty.

Why? You can reconfig party on the fly to bring in Asstarion for all the dirty work. Seriously are all you tards going to play Icewind Dale every game of your life?
I use Astarion pretty often but I guess a lot of people can’t handle him. I’ve found him likeable tbh and since I lost Gale in the first hour and Karlach is stupid I don’t really need to switch people around that much.
I like Astarion because he's bitter after I turned him down and continue to treat him like shit. He's the ultimate bitch boy.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
the people you're describing are the audience for BGIII, right? Are they also the authors of it?
To some extent the demographics intersect. There are lots of people in their 20s in Larian, including its writing team, aren't there?
Why the bear-fucking?
Swen himself has answered that they meant it more as a joke than anything else, and they underestimated the viral effect it would have.

We’ve been over this - the squirrel clearly marks it as a joke and it is TYPICAL Larian humor, but these people *need* for it to be true degeneration and honest bestiality

I wonder whether these people also think the terribly unfunny ogre sex scene is in there because Swen has a hardon for fat women and not just because Belgians have a shit sense of humour
I resent that.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Underdark is cool. Would be better if the whole game was in there.

I like how the game punished me for just bumbling around like an idiot when I first stumbled on the Underdark. I didn't notice that those red things were explodey on wide proximity till I'd exploded a few of them, wondering wtf just happened. And then what looked like a gods-damned Beholder and some drow nearly killed me, and then a fucking Bullette knocked my party over and nearly killed me.

IOW, my first 5 minutes in the Underdark really brought home to me that it's a dangerous place where everything's trying to kill you.

Very nice.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Sodomy isn’t sexual.

I’m replying to a comment about sexuality that sees it where it isn’t. When you’ve got to twist meaning worse than a Bolshie it’s a sign you’ve let yourself get far afield from the real.

Real sexuality very much is the center of one’s identity *by the time one achieves it*. My boys absolutely are my first priority and will be the rest of my life in a way I had no idea about before they arrived.

I’m operating on new information and at least in part trying to get through to the knucklehead I was to convince him not to wait until 47 to get there like a dumbass.

Man, you're ESLing terribly, 50% of what you're saying doesn't make any sense

jf8350143

Liturgist
Beat the game. The ending sucks ass. It's ME 3 level of bad.

Whatever you do beforehand barely matters because every choices you make in the ending is almost the same no matter what you do during your playthrough.

There is no ending slides. On top of that, you can't even fucking talking to your companions before the final batter and after the final battle. The ones aren't in your team simply disappears, and never show up again. And even the ones in your team won't necessarily get a resolution to their arc. Gale's personal quest was straight up left unfinished in my playthrough becase the game never asks me what to do with the crown. Shadoweart just stands there the whole time and says nothing. Only La'zel gets a proper ending.

The emperor is a fucking joke, if you don't agree with him he just go fight for the enemy for no reason.

Desiderius

Patron

Sodomy isn’t sexual.

Don’t sell yourself short. You’re more than capable of making sense of it when you decide you want to. I’m American. English is my only language (mostly).

The American Language

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Hard to ignore the fact that the success of BG3 is good news for Owlcat, if they play it right. Rouge Trader is also turnbased and in a beloved Franchise.

Now they just have to add a lot of gay sex and maybe you can get buttfucked by a Swarmlord or something = infinite money bug!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Sodomy isn’t sexual.

Don’t sell yourself short. You’re more than capable of making sense of it when you decide you want to. I’m American. English is my only language (mostly).

The American Language

That explains your problems properly getting meaning across in English

It's nice that you managed to at least get your dick wet at 47, better late than never. But really, you shouldn't conflate your kids with your sexuality, makes you sound like some kind of predator

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Hard to ignore the fact that the success of BG3 is good news for Owlcat, if they play it right. Rouge Trader is also turnbased and in a beloved Franchise.

Now they just have to add a lot of gay sex and maybe you can get buttfucked by a Swarmlord or something = infinite money bug!

You know how you can spot the moron? When they say shit like this.

Rogue (spellcheck is your friend as is a search engine) Trader was a single book published in 1987. It got turned into Warhammer 40k which no longer was about rogue traders. It didn't return until FFG's Rogue Trader RPG. So what franchise are you talking about?

:nocountryforshitposters:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
The end game combat is really reminding me of Solasta I think twinned spell would be the best skill to get for twinned haste putting it on martials.

Froggy is really wrecking everything 9 attacks hasted with action surge really beat the boss fast. If I had twinned haste I could have two of these greatsword fighters just crushing everything for the cost of one level 3 spell.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Even bear gay sex won't save Owlcuck studios.

Larian destroyed everything, all game devs have been buck broken.

Desiderius

Patron
Took me thirty-odd years to realize that just getting my dick wet isn’t sexuality. Reproduction (and the fruits thereof) is what sexuality is *for*.

Never too late for you (or anyone else) to do likewise. My dad got the snip reversal after my brother died. Your mind going straight to fucking my kids is an example of the kind of degeneracy you’re projecting onto others.

Pedos are pedo because their own development has been arrested. I’m over here fucking a middle-aged woman which puts me at the opposite end of that spectrum.

The degeneracy feels normal for most because it is historically in decadent periods. But those periods are themselves the exception, and somebody’s got to push through to the next.

Last edited:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Never too late for you (or anyone else) to do likewise. My dad got the snip reversal after my brother died.

Jeez does that actually work? I thought it is pretty much permanent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom