Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Shaki

Arbiter
the people you're describing are the audience for BGIII, right? Are they also the authors of it?
To some extent the demographics intersect. There are lots of people in their 20s in Larian, including its writing team, aren't there?
Why the bear-fucking?
Swen himself has answered that they meant it more as a joke than anything else, and they underestimated the viral effect it would have.

We’ve been over this - the squirrel clearly marks it as a joke and it is TYPICAL Larian humor, but these people *need* for it to be true degeneration and honest bestiality

I wonder whether these people also think the terribly unfunny ogre sex scene is in there because Swen has a hardon for fat women and not just because Belgians have a shit sense of humour
Maybe it was sold to Swen as a joke, but the writer behind it is 100% a furry, and Halsin is his self insert. Bear sex is one thing, but also all the "badass" pieces of writing the druid gets, like if you don't rescue him from goblins, he just releases himself and kills all his captors, because he's just THAT cool. Add to this all companions being bearsexual - the "poly" thing Larian advertised is literally just Halsin, all companions are monogamous and will force you to choose between them and other romances at some point, EXCEPT if you also want the bear dick, then you can talk to him and he convinces the other companion to "share" and engage in bear threesomes.

Jaunty

Literate
Also, i just realized you can save in the middle of a conversation. This makes savescumming the most broken shit in this game.
they added this because some streamers were complaining that they had to reload and replay entire sequences when they got a conversation result they didn't like or when they didn't get a nat 20 dice roll
the whole game is designed for a twitch streamer
My issue is that this isn't The Witcher 3, where cocking up a quest could potentially lead to something even more interesting. All failed checks seem to do is arbitrarily lock you out of content.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1691763675017.png

Perkel

Arcane
Fun stuff. Managed to win one tough fight barely doing anything spolers from act 2 underdark

Dude in Shar Gauntlet was giving me issues with his fucking cloudkill spells. So I instead went sneaking as dudes before his chambers started to fight and lockpicked door to his room and opened doors. He along with his ghouls started to pounding Shar justicars. Meanwhile I dashed out and I sat hidden on side of battle watched how everything went. Necromancer side fell. I interveened when justicars were down to 4 and dude side to just him with like 5 life. Used gale to send fireball and that was it.

image.png

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Most gays were actually abused, diddled or had an inappropriate sexual relationship at a young age making vampire fag even more believeable

Most people who believe that were actually abused, diddled or had an inappropriate sexual relationship at a young age and now just project their own experiences
More like in most cultures, when someone notices you are "acting gay", they abuse you. So then it follows that most gays were abused at a young age (for being gay).
Though I also agree that homosexuality as PTSD from earlier abuse is a thing that exists, though probably less prevalent than homosexuality as genetic mutation or homosexuality as self expression. There's still no discovery of a female "gay gene", and no evolutionary purpose for it, so it PTSD gayness might be more prevalent there.

There is no "gene" for gayness, but there is probably a "gene" for paraphilia ("polygenes" they would be ofc). Faggots usually have a whole bunch of other perversions along with the faggotry - and/or people who have sundry perversions will often explore faggotry (bisexuality) too.

To clarify: the sexual system in humans is evolved for reproduction, and the statistically normal target for sexual arousal is someone of the opposite sex with whom one can reproduce. But being a biological function, there are outliers and variants, and the process can "go wrong" in all sorts of ways. Most perversions are "paraphilias" - i.e. the sexual system being aroused by non-reproducing objects (e.g. another male if you're a male, shoes, pain, etc.) that become objects of attraction through some childhood quirk of experience or trauma

Gayness as such is probably mostly (I'd say about 60% maybe) the result of paedophile grooming plus some pre-existing proclivity to paraphilia in the target (something the groomer can probably "smell" so to speak), the rest probably being exploratory childhood paraphillia on the individual's part. I recall a vid someone secretly did in a gay nightclub interviewing faggots there, and a lot of them said they'd been introduced to sex by an older man. And on forums haunted by gays, the topic is something that a lot of them will knowingly snicker at. So it's not yet demonstrable (and publicly gays will deny it, because the "born with it" trope has more utility), but there's enough scattered evidence for it to be suggestive.

This is how to properly resolve the nature/nurture components of faggotry. The idea that they're "born with it" is false, but it has a grain of truth to it (i.e. not born with anything so specific as homosexual attraction, but born with something that's general that can glom on to any number of things); the idea that it spreads by grooming is probably largely true, but they can stumble on it by themselves too.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Also there is no downside to meddle you brains with tadpoles, so long as you don't agree to change into mindflayers.

If you don't feel like doing that then fuck you because you lose a whole skill tree with 0 reward. Larian doesn't want you to be a good guy, they want you to be a power hungry dumbass(because using tadpole for power is such a 'clever' idea that any sane person would refuse to do).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Took me thirty-odd years to realize that just getting my dick wet isn’t sexuality.

You're right, getting your dick wet is called sex. Sexuality is who you're attracted to. Odd that it took you 3 decades to find out, but okay

Called incorrectly.

Your god is dead.

What a non sequitur. Not really sure if that is meant to offend or praise me as a god killer. Thanks all the same

Your god, not God.

You didn’t kill it, mere reality did. Find a better one.

As for meanings I just made up a new one. It’s what Americans are for, as Mencken could tell you. Of course in this case I just managed to re-invent the same wheel Wojtyla, Erasmus, et al did before me. It’s the Humanist tradition.

Shaki

Arbiter
The idea that they're "born with it" is false, but it has a grain of truth to it (i.e. not born with anything so specific as homosexual attraction, but born with something that's general that can glom on to any number of things); the idea that it spreads by grooming is probably largely true, but they can stumble on it by themselves too.

Nah, I 100% believe that people like Swen and Grauken were actually born faggots and would still suck dicks even without being groomed :love:

Gradenmayer

Learned
Most gays were actually abused, diddled or had an inappropriate sexual relationship at a young age making vampire fag even more believeable

Most people who believe that were actually abused, diddled or had an inappropriate sexual relationship at a young age and now just project their own experiences
More like in most cultures, when someone notices you are "acting gay", they abuse you. So then it follows that most gays were abused at a young age (for being gay).
Though I also agree that homosexuality as PTSD from earlier abuse is a thing that exists, though probably less prevalent than homosexuality as genetic mutation or homosexuality as self expression. There's still no discovery of a female "gay gene", and no evolutionary purpose for it, so it PTSD gayness might be more prevalent there.

There is no "gene" for gayness, but there is probably a "gene" for paraphilia ("polygenes" they would be ofc). Faggots usually have a whole bunch of other perversions along with the faggotry - and/or people who have sundry perversions will often explore faggotry (bisexuality) too.

To clarify: the sexual system in humans is evolved for reproduction, and the statistically normal target for sexual arousal is someone of the opposite sex with whom one can reproduce. But being a biological function, there are outliers and variants, and the process can "go wrong" in all sorts of ways. Most perversions are "paraphilias" - i.e. the sexual system being aroused by non-reproducing objects (e.g. another male if you're a male, shoes, pain, etc.) that become objects of attraction through some childhood quirk of experience or trauma

Gayness as such is probably mostly (I'd say about 60% maybe) the result of paedophile grooming plus some pre-existing proclivity to paraphilia in the target (something the groomer can probably "smell" so to speak), the rest probably being exploratory childhood paraphillia on the individual's part. I recall a vid someone secretly did in a gay nightclub interviewing faggots there, and a lot of them said they'd been introduced to sex by an older man. And on forums haunted by gays, the topic is something that a lot of them will knowingly snicker at. So it's not yet demonstrable (and publicly gays will deny it, because the "born with it" trope has more utility), but there's enough scattered evidence for it to be suggestive.

This is how to properly resolve the nature/nurture components of faggotry. The idea that they're "born with it" is false, but it has a grain of truth to it (i.e. not born with anything so specific as homosexual attraction, but born with something that's general that can glom on to any number of things); the idea that it spreads by grooming is probably largely true, but they can stumble on it by themselves too.
This post proves that being able to type a long sheet of text doesn’t mean you are not retarded.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

The way I understand it, the push and pull is arousal vs disgust.
We evolved to be aroused with certain things, which are proxy for feminine fertility. Then we started getting too many false positives, and we evolved disgust to make sure the dick goes in the correct hole.
Male homosexuality is in some way related to reduced disgust. Its not different arousal, its the full spectrum of arousal, not policed by its parallelly developed disgust reaction.
Which is why I think, if we take the biological explanation, gays who say they are disgusted by vaginas are conditioned to say that. It would be exactly their reduced capacity for disgust that makes them gay, and they are then socially learned to signal disgust to women.
For female homosexuality, no biological correlation has been found, that could just be PTSD from trauma. Men give women enough reason for hatred and trauma, and always have throughout history, and now women have the freedom to act on it and disassociate.

All of that said, literally nothing to do with Baldur's Gate 3, where I can't think of a single homosexual. Everyone is playersexual.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Took me thirty-odd years to realize that just getting my dick wet isn’t sexuality.

You're right, getting your dick wet is called sex. Sexuality is who you're attracted to. Odd that it took you 3 decades to find out, but okay

Called incorrectly.

Your god is dead.

What a non sequitur. Not really sure if that is meant to offend or praise me as a god killer. Thanks all the same

Your god, not God.

You didn’t kill it, mere reality did. Find a better one.

As for meanings I just made up a new one. It’s what Americans are for, as Mencken could tell you. Of course in this case I just managed to re-invent the same wheel Wojtyla, Erasmus, et al did before me. It’s the Humanist tradition.

I give up, I have no idea WTF you are talking about

I should go back to playing BG3

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
The idea that they're "born with it" is false, but it has a grain of truth to it (i.e. not born with anything so specific as homosexual attraction, but born with something that's general that can glom on to any number of things); the idea that it spreads by grooming is probably largely true, but they can stumble on it by themselves too.

Nah, I 100% believe that people like Swen and Grauken were actually born faggots and would still suck dicks even without being groomed :love:
Another Owluck who is buck broken.

MV5BNTJiNzAyOWMtZTVmYS00ZDc2LTkwZTgtYTg0MGEzZmExODg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjA0MjA1OQ@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Also there is no downside to meddle you brains with tadpoles, so long as you don't agree to change into mindflayers.

If you don't feel like doing that then fuck you because you lose a whole skill tree with 0 reward. Larian doesn't want you to be a good guy, they want you to be a power hungry dumbass(because using tadpole for power is such a 'clever' idea that any sane person would refuse to do).
Please put that shit into spoilers. Thank you.

Shin

Cipher
WotC are doubling down on BG3's success, which is to be expected. A little preview for the next edition of the monster manual:

Untitled2d.png

Last edited by a moderator:

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lmao, so i killed the goblins, and i get caught for "stealing" from their corpses. Just noticed that on some of them the loot icon was red, not sure why since they are enemies. Turns out some female tiefling was coming in to have a line of dialog. Once she left i could loot everything undisturbed.

I noticed that to. Unless it is a bug, it seems to be because if an NPC kills an enemy that is considered theirs now. So you can't loot it without stealing from them. Keep what you kill, I guess.

You can loot them during the combat they are killed in without it being stealing, for some reason. I wonder if you can steal from other containers in combat without it being considered stealing?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom