Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Eisenheinrich

Scholar

Yeah, that must have been said by the second most clever person on the codex, right after you.

You sound butthurt. Did your mommy forget to hug you this morning before she sent you off to preschool?
Yes. And yes.

Too bad because she never loved you anyway. That's why your gay.
Aspiring gamer devs take notes. These are the morals people wanna see in video games.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
catering to the 1% weirdos is the way to go

Catering to the 1% weirdos would be devs catering to the most vile persons on this board. Which would result in the devs getting broke. You truly are the most clever person on the codex.
If you check the Steam forums, they really did, as there is a large player base that is disappointed with all the sexual stuff. They overestimated the 1% with 50%. Anyway, you know I'm right because you didn't quote the rest of what I said. It will be downhill from here on. Marketers will think this degeneracy sells, and this is on top of what BioWare already created. Every gaming magazine loves it and the nay-sayers will be silenced, as usual. There is already a massive call to protect the LGBT community - to clean up the forums.

Look, I enjoy the game (to a degree), but this is just way too much. I can tolerate the BioWare stuff, but Larian took it to the next level, and suddenly the focus has entirely shifted from telling a story about knights and sorceresses to shag your companions or having them shag you. It's disappointing.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
catering to the 1% weirdos is the way to go

Catering to the 1% weirdos would be devs catering to the most vile persons on this board. Which would result in the devs getting broke. You truly are the most clever person on the codex.
If you check the Steam forums, they really did, as there is a large player base that is disappointed with all the sexual stuff. They overestimated the 1% with 50%. Anyway, you know I'm right because you didn't quote the rest of what I said. It will be downhill from here on. Marketers will think this degeneracy sells, and this is on top of what BioWare already created. Every gaming magazine loves it and the nay-sayers will be silenced, as usual. There is already a massive call to protect the LGBT community - to clean up the forums.

Look, I enjoy the game (to a degree), but this is just way too much. I can tolerate the BioWare stuff, but Larian took it to the next level, and suddenly the focus has entirely shifted from telling a story about knights and sorceresses to shag your companions or having them shag you. It's disappointing.
Atleast you can kill everyone you don't like.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Aspiring gamer devs take notes. These are the morals people wanna see in video games.

What not having sex and perversion in games is a bad thing? Wow who knew that having good sense to not include divisive shit was terrible.

Besides your sentence doesn't make sense as it's GAME devs not GAMER devs.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You can loot them during the combat they are killed in without it being stealing, for some reason.
When you loot during the commotion, it's called a protest. It's mostly peaceful since the NPC killed them.

Here’s how you burgle (Tolkien-approved!) red stuff:

(1) Walk into a shadow with Asstarion.

(2) Hide to reveal red cones

(3) Go into TB, optionally using Shadowheart Stealth buff cantrip (or spell) if things look tight.

(4) Dash twice with Asstarion Thief subclass or once in if you went Trickster to go with Spellthief or Assassin because you’re a DPS tard.

(5) Loot all the stuff.

(6) If anyone is likely to miss the shit you burgled dash everybody toward an adjacent area then turn off TB with the furthest toon highlighted and stroll away like Verbal Kint.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Quest log says I can reuse the Adamantine Forge if I find more ore - which I did - but it doesn't seem possible to do so. Is it lying to me?
I don't know if you still have the same issue, but I had the exact same problem like... last night. All you have to do is either save and reload. Or perform a Long Rest. Up to you which.

After doing so, the lava should retreat, and the Forge should work once more. And you should be able to make 2 items.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Pickpocketing has another layer that can get a little tricky if you’re committed to not save-scumming since it doesn’t let you intervene or re-roll with Inspiration like dialogue checks. It’s worth holding off on risking plot critical targets.

Kind of weird how much effort went into "C'mon, use the tadpole bro. There's a tadpole skill tree and stuff. I even wear skimpy robes now".

2023-08-10-2338-2.png

I'm curious in what direction it will go. That's the benefit of the alien belgian mind and their shitty writing - it can go in direction unexpected for sane and decent people.
I was pretty horrified by the skimpy robes because when it changed from 'dream lover' to 'guardian' after EA I assumed they were getting rid of the sexual dimension altogether so my 'guardian' is a old white haired paladin looking guy.

I've only got myself to blame of course since the idea that Larian would miss the opportunity to create awkward sexual situations was clearly laughable.
Lemao I noticed the "guardian" was the opposite gender of your character but thought it was just the game going "go on, make a female NPC too". I assumed this guardian would be a second controllable character later and made a male duergar for my male orc.

msph3gnx5z461.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
Kind of weird how much effort went into "C'mon, use the tadpole bro. There's a tadpole skill tree and stuff. I even wear skimpy robes now".

2023-08-10-2338-2.png

I'm curious in what direction it will go. That's the benefit of the alien belgian mind and their shitty writing - it can go in direction unexpected for sane and decent people.
I was pretty horrified by the skimpy robes because when it changed from 'dream lover' to 'guardian' after EA I assumed they were getting rid of the sexual dimension altogether so my 'guardian' is a old white haired paladin looking guy.

I've only got myself to blame of course since the idea that Larian would miss the opportunity to create awkward sexual situations was clearly laughable.
Lemao I noticed the "guardian" was the opposite gender of your character but thought it was just the game going "go on, make a female NPC too". I assumed this guardian would be a second controllable character later and made a male duergar for my male orc.

msph3gnx5z461.jpg
yes, yes, that's exactly why you made male duergar. :hahyou:

Steam forums are a mess
NO?!?

2023-08-10-2338-2.png

I honestly think they did a tremendous job with the Guardian's ambiguity (especially during the whole Githyanki Creche debacle) and more in general every time an NPC of another faction comes to advocate for taking their side.
It doesn't matter how openly unlikable some of these may be, you always get the impression that their claims may have some legitimate merit and that there's isn't a "win-win" solution out of every single one of your issues.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Okay, something really pissed me off in the endgame.

So you're roped into a series of very difficult attribute checks in the penultimate(?) confrontation. They get increasingly difficult and I'm assuming are intended to be impossible.

But a nat 20 is an auto success, so it is very possible with the magic of save scumming, and I wanted to see what would happen. By all accounts, it should end the game early.

Nope, nothing fucking changes. The game has to explain its grand, hyper-intelligent plan (it's stupid as fuck, by the way) and you have to fail and go into le epic finale.

Passing all four checks results in nothing different besides some animation. No dialogue acknowledging you passed, nothing.

Fuck you game. :argh::argh::argh::argh:

Last edited:

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Most interesting graphs:
c8f387f585a709e47bd0930984ad89e26453fbd5.png
02d741f91bacc8ab8cc55f23f9314b899e827534.png

It never even began for clericcels
Can't say I'm surprised that all the Charisma based classes are at the most popular ones. Seems like the most logical choice for a first playthrough if you ask me.

It is one of the reasons I don't like D&D for conversation or narrative heavy games.

D&D is a combat focused system, so if you want to have a talking focused PC you have to either compromise your combat capabilities or use a character that has Charisma as one of the important stats.

So you either arbitrarily limit your class selection or make a gimped character.

I think letting companions be able to make the skill checks in conversation would help alleviate this somewhat.

Although, I have noticed a lot of conversation skill checks aren't really meaningful. Many of them are straight up just flavor or there are still lots of options of resolving stuff to get the same outcome even if you can't pass conversation skill checks. I am still near the beginning, though, so maybe they become more important later on. If not, I guess the feeling that I have to make a character that is good at talking to people is more self-inflicted than reality.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Let's hope the new patch fixes the horniness issue. Seems to bother most people (aside from the bugs)
I'm not sure "horniness" is anything that can be patched, anyway.
The problem is that the entire system of relationship with companions seems to be designed as some sort of wannabe-dating sim, where approval is automatically equated to romantic affection, rather than considering the build up of friendship/trust/camaraderie the default for most companions and "romance" something that the player needs to actively chase.
It could work for a specific character when deliberately part of their narrative (i.e. "Selune is a slut and a creep by design") but it's really weird when extended to the entire party.
For instance apparently Halsin thought that offering him a drink during a celebration was equivalent to manifest romantic interest toward him and was really disappointed to learn that's not the case... and I already talked in a previous post about how Gale had this "Time to choose between me or Shadowheart" out of nowhere in the middle of Act 2, which was pretty fucking weird.

There is only one solution how this might be patched. You gotta up the threshold for approval (by a lot), maybe record some throwaway voicelines more, then make it a distinct player decision if you want to trigger the romance (or not).

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Some of these metacritic user reviews are really entertaining.

afbeelding.png

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the butthurt codexers would be review bombing there lol

Edit: seems it really makes final fantasy weebs mad

afbeelding.png

Elthosian

Arcane

What not having sex and perversion in games is a bad thing? Wow who knew that having good sense to not include divisive shit was terrible.

Besides your sentence doesn't make sense as it's GAME devs not GAMER devs.
For every person complaining about the sex there are three bitching that Larian didn't implement dynamic armor meshes so they could spend 3 hours in the character creation screen fapping to bigger tits. No way to please everybody there.

Some of these metacritic user reviews are really entertaining.

afbeelding.png

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the butthurt codexers would be review bombing there lol

Edit: seems it really makes final fantasy weebs mad

afbeelding.png

Excuse me, us real Final Fantasy weebs despise everything that came after X, maybe XII. Don't put us in the same bag as the filthy casuals that enjoy that popamole shitfest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom