Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Elthosian

Arcane
Btw, I’m surprised anyone expected Larian to do decent writing for this. The previous games were awful in that regard and no amount of cinematic wizardry was going to change that. I do have to say that it’s still marginally better than DOS2 so at this rate by the time Swen retires we will get the best immersive sim since Deus Ex with the writing of Arcanum’s low-int mode :shittydog:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Baldur's Gate 3 feels like every plot from every Disney show I've seen over the past 10 years.

Bruh ...

I honestly don’t understand why people subject themselves to such trash content. At least this game has some decent gameplay to redeem the writing.
This retard obviously has only Marvel movies as a reference which makes it extra cringe. "Oh no, the new Marvel movie I just watched (WHY?) reminds me of that 80s spelljammer shit. It's sooooo bad."

This guy, Justicar and JamesDixon combined probabaly will somehow reach a three digit IQ, but honestly I doubt it.

I noticed that you had to go with the ad hominem attack which is a low digit IQ approach to your opponents. Combine that with the strawman logical fallacy even a Sub-Saharan African is more intelligent than you.

JamesDixon You said it felt different to have all the checkboxes in old school capeshit because they weren’t mandated, I think it’s pretty obvious that it’s the same old shit done to cater the lowest common denominator. The fact Star Wars’ setting was built around all the shit we see everywhere now doesn’t make it any better.

I could have said it in a less dismissive way but the intent was clear.

No, that's not what I said at all. I said that they were implemented without the checkboxes. If you're going to form an argument against what I actually said please use my exact argument. Otherwise, you're doing a strawman.

You misunderstand what Star Wars is. I saw it in the theaters before the Episode IV A New Hope was added to the title credits. Star Wars was nothing more than telling the heroes journey in a sci-fantasy world akin to Flash Gordon serials that were played across the US on TV.

It brought many of things into focus without being political. Something that is sorely lacking today.

It also wasn't diversity for diversity's sake. It had some aliens, but the majority of the cast were humans. There was some anti-alien messaging, but nothing too overt. The goal was to make an entertaining film not indoctrinate you into what the director and writers think you should think.

I believe you're severely ignorant on the source of "capeshit". The very first superheroes were The Phantom and The Shadow for example. They fought against evil because the police couldn't handle it. They stood for something that was good and just. Later on they were used to unite the Allies in WWII and bring morale to the soldiers, sailors, and marines all across the globe to continue their fight against the Axis.

It wasn't for the lowest common denominator because back then 99% of the population was literate unlike today when the vast majority of schools produce illiterates yearly thanks to liberals.

I do not eagerly await your sub-85 IQ response.

None

Arbiter
Btw, I’m surprised anyone expected Larian to do decent writing for this. The previous games were awful in that regard and no amount of cinematic wizardry was going to change that. I do have to say that it’s still marginally better than DOS2 so at this rate by the time Swen retires we will get the best immersive sim since Deus Ex with the writing of Arcanum’s low-int mode :shittydog:
I think they're better using someone else's settings from now on. Forgotten Realms, despite being a generic patchwork quilt, is far more interesting than any of Larian's material.

Elthosian

Arcane
Baldur's Gate 3 feels like every plot from every Disney show I've seen over the past 10 years.

Bruh ...

I honestly don’t understand why people subject themselves to such trash content. At least this game has some decent gameplay to redeem the writing.
This retard obviously has only Marvel movies as a reference which makes it extra cringe. "Oh no, the new Marvel movie I just watched (WHY?) reminds me of that 80s spelljammer shit. It's sooooo bad."

This guy, Justicar and JamesDixon combined probabaly will somehow reach a three digit IQ, but honestly I doubt it.

I noticed that you had to go with the ad hominem attack which is a low digit IQ approach to your opponents. Combine that with the strawman logical fallacy even a Sub-Saharan African is more intelligent than you.

JamesDixon You said it felt different to have all the checkboxes in old school capeshit because they weren’t mandated, I think it’s pretty obvious that it’s the same old shit done to cater the lowest common denominator. The fact Star Wars’ setting was built around all the shit we see everywhere now doesn’t make it any better.

I could have said it in a less dismissive way but the intent was clear.

No, that's not what I said at all. I said that they were implemented without the checkboxes. If you're going to form an argument against what I actually said please use my exact argument. Otherwise, you're doing a strawman.

You misunderstand what Star Wars is. I saw it in the theaters before the Episode IV A New Hope was added to the title credits. Star Wars was nothing more than telling the heroes journey in a sci-fantasy world akin to Flash Gordon serials that were played across the US on TV.

It brought many of things into focus without being political. Something that is sorely lacking today.

It also wasn't diversity for diversity's sake. It had some aliens, but the majority of the cast were humans. There was some anti-alien messaging, but nothing too overt. The goal was to make an entertaining film not indoctrinate you into what the director and writers think you should think.

I believe you're severely ignorant on the source of "capeshit". The very first superheroes were The Phantom and The Shadow for example. They fought against evil because the police couldn't handle it. They stood for something that was good and just. Later on they were used to unite the Allies in WWII and bring morale to the soldiers, sailors, and marines all across the globe to continue their fight against the Axis.

It wasn't for the lowest common denominator because back then 99% of the population was literate unlike today when the vast majority of schools produce illiterates yearly thanks to liberals.

I do not eagerly await your sub-85 IQ response.

I won’t even bother, we clearly have irreconcilable views on what constitutes a good movie.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ironically, I really wanted all the goblins to talk on dumb low int mode, right now, it breaks mah immersium when they talk, when I'm on the globin camp, I feel I'm surrounded by a bunch of british people that decided to emigrate and live in San Francisco.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I still haven't seen Shadowtits. How many times are you supposed to rest?
Happened on the 2nd full rest after resolving her quest for me.

Sounds like my campaign bugged out then.

How did Larian fuck up the romances, the thing they focused all the marketing around, so badly?

>Wants to get with the only attractive woman in the party

>Receive nonconsensual butt pounding from Gale instead

:betrayed:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I still haven't seen Shadowtits. How many times are you supposed to rest?
Happened on the 2nd full rest after resolving her quest for me.

Sounds like my campaign bugged out then.

How did Larian fuck up the romances, the thing they focused all the marketing around, so badly?

>Wants to get with the only attractive woman in the party

>Receive nonconsensual butt pounding from Gale instead

:betrayed:
Same here. No shadow boobies but the dudes won't fuck off. :decline:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok, Wyll is the absolute worst NPC i ever seen in an RPG. We are talking Neeshka bad but for the woke crowd, because he is clearly written the way he is because he is black. It's the most pathetic example of l1brul coddling for black people i've ever seen in my life. He is the most double plus good character ever created, my human Paladin even knows his "fame" since i'm a Balduran and can comment on it. God damn this is beyond pathetic. L1bruls truly believe black people are infants.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Ok, Wyll is the absolute worst NPC i ever seen in an RPG. We are talking Neeshka bad but for the woke crowd, because he is clearly written the way he is because he is black. It's the most pathetic example of l1brul coddling for black people i've ever seen in my life. He is the most double plus good character ever created, my human Paladin even knows his "fame" since i'm a Balduran and can comment on it. God damn this is beyond pathetic. L1bruls truly believe black people are infants.
If you can believe it, he was way worse in Early Access. They gave him a rewrite and a new voice actor and this is still the best they could do.

That said, "include a black guy and make him cool" was probably a mandate from Hasbro.

Takamori

Learned
I wish you could murder the tiefling kids in Act 1.
Can't you with dark urges? The game allows you to murder the goblin kids.
Wyll is baby first moral dilemma character, not even entering the merits of being black or whatever.
Logic wise if the guy is the son of duke you would know him as balduran. What bothers me that his relationship with the patreon is not much explored it goes just oh I made a deal with devil and I got fucked bohoo.

Given that we touched the subject Tav or custom origin is so fucking uninspired its generic guy from Baldurs Gate. I'd honestly recommend play any origins or if you wanna play a custom character go Dark Urges, they committed the same sin of DoS if you dare to make a custom character its gonna be bland as a raw potato.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Mol runs if you attack her. I assume it's the same with other kids. Same if you attack a certain NPC child in Act 3. Goblins are just Mexicans, so Larian didn't care.

Kids can die in the game, of course. The player just isn't allowed to kill them. The tiefling kids all die if you help the goblins take the grove. You can visit their hideout and the goblins will have put them against a wall and executed them.

Takamori

Learned
Mol runs if you attack her. I assume it's the same with other kids. Same if you attack a certain NPC child in Act 3. Goblins are just Mexicans, so Larian didn't care.

Kids can die in the game, of course. The player just isn't allowed to kill them. The tiefling kids all die if you help the goblins take the grove. You can visit their hideout and the goblins will have put them against a wall and executed them.
Yeah I got attacked by the goblin kids and killed them and I was like damn badass Larian going incline with this. But really weird to just allow in certain situations with regular kids? You are already killing them anyway.

Kiste

Augur
Ok, Wyll is the absolute worst NPC i ever seen in an RPG. We are talking Neeshka bad but for the woke crowd, because he is clearly written the way he is because he is black. It's the most pathetic example of l1brul coddling for black people i've ever seen in my life.

What's it with forum nazis and the childish hyperbole? Wyll is, at worst, unoffensively bland. The only reason you're getting your knickers in a twist is because he's a negro.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Ok, Wyll is the absolute worst NPC i ever seen in an RPG. We are talking Neeshka bad but for the woke crowd, because he is clearly written the way he is because he is black. It's the most pathetic example of l1brul coddling for black people i've ever seen in my life.

What's it with forum nazis and the childish hyperbole? Wyll is, at worst, unoffensively bland. The only reason you're getting your knickers in a twist is because he's a negro.

Speaking of easily offended, you ignored me for no reason other than you didn't like my opinion.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

There's nothing worse than bland. I'll take hatred over being bored to shit since at least i'm feeling something then.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm just reveling in the fact that cRPGs are mainstream again. Hopefully this is the start of a renaissance that brings back quality games with talented creators.

Maybe this will also signal boost indies like Colony Ship? Would be nice.

Maybe we'll get a surprise announcement for Planescape: Blood War with Avellone on board.

I would jizz a happy jizz.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Kinda disagree. He's portrayed as having good (LG) intentions but clearly being mentally retarded.
He wants to hunt down Karlach because she's an "evil servant of an infernal Devil Lord", yet Karlach never had a choice, was enslaved by that devil and fled Avernus the moment she had the chance. He otoh became the servant of the Devils willingly.
You can literally tell him that: You are everything you've accused Karlach to be.

So imo he isn't portrayed as a goody two shoes but as a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom