Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

911 Jumper

Learned
The Series S was a bad idea from day one – it's basically the base model of the ninth gen Xbox. The base model of the current gen Xbox has 8GB of RAM (the other two are reserved for system stuff, irc) It's unbelievable, really.

I heard Phil Spencer recently said that dropping split screen mode from the upcoming Forza game was a “creative decision”. I don't believe that at all.

Rhobar121

Scholar
It's interesting that they decided that it's not worth sticking to the principle of the same versions of the game instead of giving sony a free exclusive on ps5

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks

Thoughts?

At least he isnt sucking BG3's cock like many ppl are in youtube and elsewhere.

On that note, I think it's time to share Synthetic Man's review. Strap in boys!

Main negatives:

All companions are too willing to satisfy your every sexual need.
Overall degeneracy.
Act 3 feels weird in that it feels like earlier game material.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Thoughts?

I watched this earlier and hoped for something juicy. Unfortunately he just stated the obvious. Waste of time tbh.

He did a Dragon Age Origin review a while back and all he talked about was the story/lore. Not a huge fan of that channel.

This guy's an idiot I don't know why you waste your time. My first and only experience was with his PoE videos.

Herumor

Scholar
Best god, best champion. :love:
rLk00fZ.png
Bane doesn't even intervene to help Gortash, like Myrkul did with Ketheric and Gortash dies like a little bitch when up against the Elder Brain.

I was really disappointed with his part in the game, I expected way, way more content. Like so many other people said, game definitely needs to split Lower City into a Bhaal-focused chapter and Upper City into a Bane-focused chapter.
There was no intervention because it would've been extremely painful
You're a big guy.
ENDING SPOILERS: I hated Karlach during the game but I love that Karlithid gives you a chance to save Orpheus without turning into a a mindflayer yourself. Are there any other companions who can do it instead of you or is it just her? I can't find much information on it from google other than the Karlach option, all i know is that when I tried with Lae'zel it didn't work
I saw a video of that, and I wonder if when romanced and transformed her telling you her love for you is now like an object of cool beauty just an attempt to manipulate you.

None

Scholar
I've spent more time this last week thinking about what I could put together with existing assets than actually playing the game. I was told there would be modding tools upon release, wtf Swen?

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
I can remember there is another couple that is homosexual but again there are also many that are not.
Of the top of my head there was also a dwarven cook in the brothel and like half of the gnomes in the factory. Probably some other people too but I may have killed most of them.
I've spent more time this last week thinking about what I could put together with existing assets than actually playing the game. I was told there would be modding tools upon release, wtf Swen?
I don't think they've ever said that and honestly speaking - look at the output of DOS modding and tell me it's even worth it.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I was told there would be modding tools upon release, wtf Swen?
By whom? The opposite is true, Swen said there will be no DM mode and no dungeon maker kit. It didn't attract much attention in DOS2, and Wizards are selling a competing product with their virtual tabletop thing. They wouldn't licenze it.

None

Scholar
By whom? The opposite is true, Swen said there will be no DM mode and no dungeon maker kit. It didn't attract much attention in DOS2, and Wizards are selling a competing product with their virtual tabletop thing. They wouldn't licenze it.
From the early access FAQ:

Old, but it was all I could find when looking. I don't care for a DM mode, not interested in that. But I assume the dungeon maker kit refers to a level editor (which is what I want).

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Old, but it was all I could find when looking. I don't care for a DM mode, not interested in that. But I assume the dungeon maker kit refers to a level editor (which is what I want).
Modding is supported, sort of. There are indeed mods on the Nexus, and they do in fact run. There's a mods directory, and a master file which lists the order of overwrites, so the game is modular. But there's nothing about a level editor, not promised and not available.
HOWEVER, if you look at the multiplayer games list, there's a column called "story". Currently everyone is playing Gustav, which is the main campaign. But the fact that there could be other stories is telling us at least at one point there might have been some tools.

None

Scholar
HOWEVER, if you look at the multiplayer games list, there's a column called "story". Currently everyone is playing Gustav, which is the main campaign. But the fact that there could be other stories is telling us at least at one point there might have been some tools.
Fucking Belgians and their mixed signaling. If they make their tools available we could see a NWN-esque modding community spring up. I can't play without mentally cataloguing the assets that could be repurposed into something like a Planescape adventure, to the point that it is difficult to actually move forward in the game.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I killed Raphael on my first try. Not sure exactly what was going on. Otto's dance pacified him, I think?
He turned into a gigadevil for 1 turn and didn't do anything about it. Not sure if bugged or I am master tactician.

Cute dorf lady died. Oh well.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
If I had to sum up my experience with Baldur's Gate 3, it would be that Baldur's Gate 3 is the Divinity Original Sin game I always wanted to play, but the Baldur's Gate game I never wanted to see.

I just entered the city in Act 3, and I feel so unmotivated to continue the adventure. The way how you get into the city, and the introduction to Gortash is so dumb, and I really started to get tired of the story after all the revelations in Act 2 regarding the plot.

I also can't stand this new setting of 5e Faerun in which thousands of Thieflings just casually wander around the Swordcoast, making the whole continent look like a damn circus. And of course they just can't stop talking about refugees, and sometimes you do wonder if setting political statements for refugees is mandatory to get the rights for a Baldur's Gate game from WoTC (Siege of Dragonspear, ahem).
Is not the whole faerun is Baldur's gate in general the game takes place shortly after the event of the Descent on Avernus storyline.
but why
Elturel a city close to baldour's gate was dragged in to the avernus after the city was conquered by a powerful Vampire lord. Zariel reached for the most important priest of the city and coaxed him to make a pact using the city as a trade coin. What happened is the city was for several weeks filled with radiance that destroyed every single undead present in to the city after the crisis was adverted the golden sun created to fight the undead went dark and the whole city was ripped off out of toril to end in to the avernus.
Of course when it comes with material plane dwellers exposed to lower planes it always laid to some form of corruption this is why many former citizens of Elturel now are tiefling. When the event of descent of avernus were over and elturel returned to the material plane the first thing that happened was a mass migration of those tieflings to Baldur's gate as they were not wanted in Elturel anymore. After all for a mortal city to end for quite some time in the hells leaves a lot of scars.

This is why in the game you have a lot of tieflings refugees.
hi, um so first of all tl;dr lol k

what I meant is why make a game at this point in the setting where there are so many refugees, it’s almost like planned to like inject a political agenda or something something

janior

Arcane
Patron
really enjoyed wizard tower and vioconia enocounter in act 3 so far won the latter oner by the skin of my teeth not sure if there was some gimmick to it, just kited the whole room back to the corridor(had to use beholder)
performance seems to be fine overall i get 30 to 60 fps, switched from dx11 to vulkan and game stopped crashing(you get less fps but its more consistent at least on an amd card) .

raeven

Educated

Game hasn't even been released yet on consoles, it's probably coming later on. Hence "sometime after launch"...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Can someone tells me why the DM seems like to narrate an erotic movie?
That's the direction they gave her probably. At least I know it's not only to me she sounds like that.
Funny thing is that i am still to see sex in the game lol. Tho i did a ton of propositions,sadly they were all from some faggots. Should do a harem playtrough with only women lol. Also lol at lesbian god child and undead slut.
The M-F sex is under control. It's the M-M sex that's a lurking danger, as far as I know.
Yup,all the males tried to suck me off like two sentences in lol. While all i get is a bugged out kiss scene with shadowcunt. Just a proof of swen being degenerate satanic faggot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom