Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
600K peak player count? Seriously?
It will easily reach 1 million during the weekend, I'm willing to bet.

I can picture what's happening at Microsoft right now:
"Hey, someone call those, whatstheirfaces, Exile and Onyx! See how much they will ask for to make our own Baldur's Gate 3 or whatever they wanna call it."

Feargus walking around extatic and starry-eyed, Josh hiding under the bed at home.

How is the combat compared to Solasta's ? Also, are the feats better than in that game?
Combat in BG3 is similar to Solasta but much clunkier. This might be largely due to the poor user interface, supplemented by the lack of a combat grid. AI is probably worse, as well.

The graphix are great and the facial expressions are especially noteworthy, because in a Bioware game it would look retarded and derpy as fuck.
the facial expressions are pretty impressive have to admit
There seem to be a number of derpy expressions placed on the player-character even a short while into the game. We had an earlier discussion about the impressive character appearance customization in Dragon's Dogma, which had the unfortunate side effect of resulting in expressions that were frequently derpy, but BG3 doesn't seem much better in this regard despite the lack of facial customization and despite being released 11 years and two console systems later.

- Companions suck. At least first few of them are fucking terrible. Getting rid of them is not that easy, especially if the only logical outcome(Dark Urge) should be potential companion death and my options end up on on being mean.
You can dismiss a companion from your party and kill them in camp, which is how my paladin put Wyll out of his misery, following the demonic episode. Even before that, the game gives you options to kill both Astarion (died on the first attack, from my paladin PC) and githyanki girl (my paladin also placed the killing blow) in regular combat upon meeting them; also the meeting with Karlach had a dialogue option that must have resulted in combat, though I recruited her instead.
what I am talking about is my character seemed to look genuinely disgusted when they looked in the tadpole pool, and it did not look derpy or fake, it looked like a pretty decent human emotion. In fact I can't really comment on other character models, or even really other emotions since I am not that far into the game, but I thought it was pretty good, in fact all the disgust emotions my chracter has displayed thus far I guess are what I am speaking about I suppose.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
600K peak player count? Seriously?
It will easily reach 1 million during the weekend, I'm willing to bet.

I can picture what's happening at Microsoft right now:
"Hey, someone call those, whatstheirfaces, Exile and Onyx! See how much they will ask for to make our own Baldur's Gate 3 or whatever they wanna call it."

Feargus walking around extatic and starry-eyed, Josh hiding under the bed at home.
They had chance with Wasteland 3.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If anyone's interested, the game does give you a short lesson on Gith egg-laying biology. Apparently they cant get pregnant the regular way.

eye13Xmqb_CPAyxY9Ped0PWoM-VuvA3mrMP7ALoPj3yR_d6GJm7VpTMZh6HLNBu1uqUBAxfIhhOFJwixmRcbjXQIdM1YEEr1EGQwIAfZEmM0f62joeoOsguId7Y8uYnR7mb87Lfs5aDzRfs0RK5ZbFE

Oh darling Lae'zal, if you weren't so butt ugly and stupid, I would breed you and your mystery cloaca all you want.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
What is going on in this office they work at??? Everyone's looking at naked goblins and writing about carnal desires and thinking about busting in the various orifices that different creatures have? How do you look a coworker in the eyes when you're spending all day making goblin labia textures? Do they all take suspiciously long bathroom breaks throughout the day? I must be having a nightmare, someone wake me up please.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I fucking hate le stealth sections. Hey, fucker, how about you deal with our genius crime and stealth systems? What are you saying? Your party is not built for that? Too fucking bad. Have fun killing scrying eyes and dealing with magical psychic guards.
Actually, nevermind. Scrying eyes are still annoying as fuck, but you can easily deal with guards with Silence. Larian are gods like always.

Shaki

Arbiter
Ok maybe the whole muh cinematics business has some value

They actually managed to make me feel bad for killing a filthy owlbear beast, I don't think they could achieve the same thing just through text

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If anyone's interested, the game does give you a short lesson on Gith egg-laying biology. Apparently they cant get pregnant the regular way.

eye13Xmqb_CPAyxY9Ped0PWoM-VuvA3mrMP7ALoPj3yR_d6GJm7VpTMZh6HLNBu1uqUBAxfIhhOFJwixmRcbjXQIdM1YEEr1EGQwIAfZEmM0f62joeoOsguId7Y8uYnR7mb87Lfs5aDzRfs0RK5ZbFE

Oh darling Lae'zal, if you weren't so butt ugly and stupid, I would breed you and your mystery cloaca all you want.
"The looming threat of bearing children" lol

If you were designing a psywar meme to obviate the need for killing actual soldiers it would be hard to come up with a better one.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Any advice on what I should play that I can trash after getting my 2,000 hours in?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom