Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

MerchantKing

Learned
having gay sex with the emperor should pop an achievement so we could point and laugh at those who did it
also other degenerate things like trying on fem underwear, romancing the frog or playing as a female
what's wrong with playing as a female?
It is teh gae.

More gay than getting your rectum invaded by Gale?
Yes. Because playing as female (there are none in this game) is roleplaying as a woman which is what trannies do.

Gargaune

Arcane
Bye, Shadowheart, thanks for all the... fish!

STARFIELD-time.jpg

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Aaaand another thing. The fucking gurning on my character in convos is really starting to piss me off big time. I thought the whole fucking point of not having a VO protagonist was not to force a character on the player? Yet here we are, with your character having very specific emotional reactions that don't jibe with your rp flavour in your head, most of the time. A particularly horrific case in point being the lovelorn gurning you do with Gale as a male player, but there are hugely inappropriate - for my character - emotions displayed in convo animations throughout.

Just give the player character a neutral expression ffs. Or, if you have the time to do all that animation shit, do them in sets where you can choose between "fluffy," "neutral," "stoic" characterization, etc.
This.

Instead of giving us an actual voice over, they gave a mime. Worst of both worlds.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.ign.com/articles/baldurs-gate-3-director-dispels-rumors-that-swaths-of-act-3-content

Baldur's Gate 3 Director Dispels Rumors About Last-Minute Content Cuts Before Release​

Datamining can provide an interesting window into a developer's intentions for a game. However, such info can be lead to inaccurate conclusions, as seems to be the case with Baldur's Gate 3.

Speaking with IGN, director Swen Vincke talked about the various content that has been unearthed by fans, including the removal of certain epilogues and cuts to the city of Baldur's Gate, saying that information found through datamining can be "misleading." He also dispelled rumors that content had been removed in order to make the earlier launch date.

"We had actually been locked in for quite some time on what was going to be in the game because these games are too large to make big decisions like that and cut things two weeks before release," Vincke says. "So you wouldn't do that. But I mean it's normal. And I guess it's also kind of a compliment, people wanting more content."

Vincke termed some of the cuts "editorial decisions" rather than "cut decisions" owing to their length. That includes Baldur's Gate's much-discussed Upper City, which seemingly had much more content than what was included in the final game.

"So when it comes to the city... we made a big city actually. When you hit that, you'll see there's really a lot to do," Vincke says. "But we noticed, and that was something that took us by surprise, there are people that are exploring the full city, which is what we intended. That's quite a lot of content. So we didn't want to repeat that ad nauseum so that it became too much because by then you already played for over a hundred hours."

The development team's main fear, Vincke says, is that cities "can actually become boring" due to being overwhelming. He says Larian also wanted to set up the grand finale in Baldur's Gate 3's climax.

"So it's not true that we cut large swaths of it. That's been our intention all along. There were certain small things that we did cut, but that's just part of re-scoping as you finish a game," Vincke says.

If anything has surprised Larian Studios, it's just how hungry fans have been for more content. According to HowLongtoBeat, a completionist run in Baldur's Gate 3 averages around 124 hours, and many players have been playing for much longer. But it seems fans want more.

In a separate blog entry, Larian wrote that the team is "confident" that there's enough content in Baldur's Gate 3, but that the team is "committed to tying up loose ends, fixing the remaining bugs, and improving things where we see they could — and should — be improved." Vincke says that includes continuing to optimize its performance so as many fans as possible can play it, even ones on lower-end PCs.

The future of Baldur's Gate 3​

Looking ahead, Larian says it plans to keep monitoring what bugs players encounters while also continuing to make improvements based on player feedback. Larian also plans to implement Withers' Wardrobe of Wayward Friends, which will allow co-op players to get rid of their companions and continue on solo, and it reiterated that it's working the ability to change your characters' look after starting a campaign, though the release date has not yet been confirmed.

Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 2 is set to release later this week, bringing with it performance enhancements and some 1500 lines of dialogue for Minthara. While you wait, check out our full guide to Baldur's Gate 3 romances as well as our review.

MerchantKing

Learned

the game's OST peaked here.

Meh. When I was playing this, I had to turn off the soundtrack very quickly into character creation because of how terrible the menu song is. I left the music off the whole time from beginning to the uninstall point.

Self-Ejected

Meh. When I was playing this, I had to turn off the soundtrack very quickly into character creation because of how terrible the menu song is. I left the music off the whole time from beginning to the uninstall point.

You are trying way too hard to troll mate. You are not credible :D

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Music's the least of the game's problems. Most of it's good. The male choir "aaah-oh" right at the beginning give a bad impression, but there's a lot of variety and some nice choons here and there throughout the game. There are even a few callbacks to Kirill's music (e.g. that strange sampled violin sound here and there, things like that).

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Vincke termed some of the cuts "editorial decisions" rather than "cut decisions" owing to their length. That includes Baldur's Gate's much-discussed Upper City, which seemingly had much more content than what was included in the final game.

"So when it comes to the city... we made a big city actually. When you hit that, you'll see there's really a lot to do," Vincke says. "But we noticed, and that was something that took us by surprise, there are people that are exploring the full city, which is what we intended. That's quite a lot of content. So we didn't want to repeat that ad nauseum so that it became too much because by then you already played for over a hundred hours."

The development team's main fear, Vincke says, is that cities "can actually become boring" due to being overwhelming. He says Larian also wanted to set up the grand finale in Baldur's Gate 3's climax.

"So it's not true that we cut large swaths of it. That's been our intention all along. There were certain small things that we did cut, but that's just part of re-scoping as you finish a game," Vincke says.

Lmfao SWEN.. You really need to just shut the fuck up and finish the Upper City.. you look really bad in these interviews.

MerchantKing

Learned

Music's the least of the game's problems. Most of it's good. The male choir "aaah-oh" right at the beginning give a bad impression, but there's a lot of variety and some nice choons here and there throughout the game. There are even a few callbacks to Kirill's music (e.g. that strange sampled violin sound here and there, things like that).

It's generic like the rest of the game. I wouldn't even call it good.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Oh well, seems like Bethesda will be in hot water for the next weeks and Larian did the right thing releasing their product before Todds Magical Space Snoozefest. Imagine getting buried under an inferior game.

Oh well, seems like Bethesda will be in hot water for the next weeks and Larian did the right thing releasing their product before Todds Magical Space Snoozefest. Imagine getting buried under an inferior game.
Reviews are positive yet with a slight unenthusiastic tone, a sorta "DAI effect" apparently.

KVVRR

Learned

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom