Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Barbarian

Arcane
It is actually somehow based how Swen and Larian are trolling most degenerates.

"YES! We fixed Karlach's ending and Minthara so you can romance them both now and have happy super duper ending"

"NO we didn't lol, everything is still the same. But now the game will run supper on PS5"

Many butthurt threads on Reddit later:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Vincke termed some of the cuts "editorial decisions" rather than "cut decisions" owing to their length. That includes Baldur's Gate's much-discussed Upper City, which seemingly had much more content than what was included in the final game.

"So when it comes to the city... we made a big city actually. When you hit that, you'll see there's really a lot to do," Vincke says. "But we noticed, and that was something that took us by surprise, there are people that are exploring the full city, which is what we intended. That's quite a lot of content. So we didn't want to repeat that ad nauseum so that it became too much because by then you already played for over a hundred hours."

The development team's main fear, Vincke says, is that cities "can actually become boring" due to being overwhelming. He says Larian also wanted to set up the grand finale in Baldur's Gate 3's climax.

"So it's not true that we cut large swaths of it. That's been our intention all along. There were certain small things that we did cut, but that's just part of re-scoping as you finish a game," Vincke says.

Lmfao SWEN.. You really need to just shut the fuck up and finish the Upper City.. you look really bad in these interviews.

lol, that's some premium shuckin' and jivin' right there.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

the game's OST peaked here.

Meh. When I was playing this, I had to turn off the soundtrack very quickly into character creation because of how terrible the menu song is. I left the music off the whole time from beginning to the uninstall point.

Music's the least of the game's problems. Most of it's good. The male choir "aaah-oh" right at the beginning give a bad impression, but there's a lot of variety and some nice choons here and there throughout the game. There are even a few callbacks to Kirill's music (e.g. that strange sampled violin sound here and there, things like that).

It's generic like the rest of the game. I wouldn't even call it good.

How would you know if you shut it off?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Levels of cringe unknown to man previously.

Watching this shit makes me realize how good writing did Witcher 3 have.

Yes,just finished the game,the last few hours were a ride. I never expected to experience something soooo fucking bad. It is a game of our times for sure,it represents the fall of the western civ very well. Now i have the need to take a shower and a bottle of Beluga.

MerchantKing

Learned

Meh. When I was playing this, I had to turn off the soundtrack very quickly into character creation because of how terrible the menu song is. I left the music off the whole time from beginning to the uninstall point.

Music's the least of the game's problems. Most of it's good. The male choir "aaah-oh" right at the beginning give a bad impression, but there's a lot of variety and some nice choons here and there throughout the game. There are even a few callbacks to Kirill's music (e.g. that strange sampled violin sound here and there, things like that).

I heard the opening theme and I took a look at the soundtrack on youtube. It's generic.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I heard the opening theme and I took a look at the soundtrack on youtube. It's generic.

Some of it is, a lot of it isn't. For instance one of three underdark themes is very original, with its angular descending theme and perpetual motion rhythm - very reminiscent of a Krill Pokrovsky kind of composition.

MerchantKing

Learned

Some of it is, a lot of it isn't. For instance one of three underdark themes is very original, with its angular descending theme and perpetual motion rhythm - very reminiscent of a Krill Pokrovsky kind of composition.

Which is very generic.

Takamori

Learned
They could had done a good job with this, like setting up one last special encounter but I guess expecting the cucks from combat and system designs to work after the game has been released its like expecting a miracle.
That fucking sprint animation of the main character I lost my shit laughing what the fuck is that running animation otherwise on theme with the character they wanted to do a little DOUK NUKEM/DOOM shitposting and it works given the context but the execution was fumbled with that silly sprint animation.

Sunri

Liturgist
This fucking game lmao

r/BaldursGate3 - Astarions Vampire Aura still outline his penis

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom