Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Since South Korea is ran by a feminist psycho cult this is a rare moment of truth in fiction from Swen and company, all the drow should be Koreans. It's almost as true to life as the hooknosed jewish hag that's reportedly in the game. Don't get fooled though, Larian isn't based and it was probably just an oversight due to a rushed development. This is an ESG game first and foremost.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Soo, been playing this and honestly the only excellent part about it are the skill checks. Raphael saving your ass from game over is a nice way to go about it. And Shadowheart is a pretty cool goody Shar worshiper.

There rest is just serviceable at best, while the encounter design is atrocious. :majordecline:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
You know what's ironic? Despite Larian being butthurt about people making WHITE MALE HUMAN FIGHTERS, that's probably the most appropriate character for the story. The Chosen are human (I guess Ketheric is a Half-Elf?), ceremorphosis works best on humanoids (so Svirfneblin etc should be outright not be available to be honest), the MC is usually from Baldur's Gate and despite all the ~most diverse city~ shit it's still mainly human.
Fedora Negro finally figured out it was all virtue signalling for extra review points. Good job Sherlock

turkishronin

Arcane
You know what's ironic? Despite Larian being butthurt about people making WHITE MALE HUMAN FIGHTERS, that's probably the most appropriate character for the story. The Chosen are human (I guess Ketheric is a Half-Elf?), ceremorphosis works best on humanoids (so Svirfneblin etc should be outright not be available to be honest), the MC is usually from Baldur's Gate and despite all the ~most diverse city~ shit it's still mainly human.
Fedora Negro finally figured out it was all virtue signalling for extra review points. Good job Sherlock
Another example is Pathfinder. You have a bisexual orc companion in an open relationship with an elf. But Lizzie still depicts the main character as a white male fighter in her book no matter what race you choose.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I for one welcome our reddit companions

afbeelding.png

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

That's the point: the fact that people have to kowtow to that bullshit and spread its memes further in order to get ahead is part of the systemic nature of the tyranny, what makes it so totalitarian, and just as bad as something like China's social credit system, only more subtle, presenting a "this is ok" facade.

In fact worse, because at least with China's social credit system there are official paths to redemption, ways to work yourself back into the good graces of the system, whereas in our system there aren't - once you're cancelled you're cancelled.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Patch 2 was a big flop. Still didn't fix Minthara either. Getting further into the game it's clear that it's not a finished product.

Takamori

Learned
Guy was murdered in multiple ways, his coronation was in a fucking bridge prison. If you decide to fight him its the only of the three that get no power up so Bane told him to eat a dick and if you decide to ally with him the BBEG just zap him like a fly.
Enver Gortash does receive his superhero transformation into the "avatar of tyranny" during the combat, but not until the third round and it doesn't grant him that much extra HP, so he should die quickly in that form, even if the player hasn't managed to kill him quickly enough for the transformation not to occur.
Damn once I popped his shield he just died given how much damage you can stack at that point. Larian needs to review act 3 encounters for sure

Larianshill

Arbiter
Enver Gortash does receive his superhero transformation into the "avatar of tyranny" during the combat
Whaaaaaaaat. That was not the way to do this, Gortash is not going to last three rounds in 99% of playthroughs. It should trigger with his death, just like Ketheric. Swen, take notes.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Ryzer

Arcane
My complains about Karlach are that she has a terrible voice actress behind and the writing is quite bad.
Unlike Astarion which I find good to be honest and fitting to his character, here it's unappealing.

volklore

Arcane
Karlarch by far the wrost companion. In writing, voice acting, story everything about her reeks.
I thought most shilled reddit companions would be Sheart and Astarion, but for some reason karlach is. I don't even comprehend reddit normies anymore.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Karlarch by far the wrost companion. In writing, voice acting, story everything about her reeks.
I thought most shilled reddit companions would be Sheart and Astarion, but for some reason karlach is. I don't even comprehend reddit normies anymore.
Karlach is basically an isekai character transported to the Forgotten Realms, when we really wanted a hell-demon fighter

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Patch 2 was a big flop. Still didn't fix Minthara either. Getting further into the game it's clear that it's not a finished product.
From the beginning it was clear that the patch was to introduce mainly performance improvements.
They said it was supposed to fix Minthara and it was reported by multiple outlets then it didn't. Having a companion this bugged a month after release is pretty bad

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
She's a perfect embodiment of reddit. A grown woman acting like a child, overly emotional, terrible sense of humor. It's no surprise they love her. Worst companion between her and Wyll is a tough call. They are both bottom tier garbage writing

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Guy was murdered in multiple ways, his coronation was in a fucking bridge prison. If you decide to fight him its the only of the three that get no power up so Bane told him to eat a dick and if you decide to ally with him the BBEG just zap him like a fly.
Enver Gortash does receive his superhero transformation into the "avatar of tyranny" during the combat, but not until the third round and it doesn't grant him that much extra HP, so he should die quickly in that form, even if the player hasn't managed to kill him quickly enough for the transformation not to occur.
Damn once I popped his shield he just died given how much damage you can stack at that point. Larian needs to review act 3 encounters for sure
I just threw a couple of the grenades that spawn during the fight at him, didn't even have to directly attack him. Poor guy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom