Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

The game does register if you're not wearing clothes. Armor and clothes are not separate, but robes, despite being labeled as clothing, count as armor.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
You know what's ironic? Despite Larian being butthurt about people making WHITE MALE HUMAN FIGHTERS, that's probably the most appropriate character for the story. The Chosen are human (I guess Ketheric is a Half-Elf?), ceremorphosis works best on humanoids (so Svirfneblin etc should be outright not be available to be honest), the MC is usually from Baldur's Gate and despite all the ~most diverse city~ shit it's still mainly human.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1693525443559.png

Lol gook drow

Takamori

Learned
Gortash is very much a weirdo, otoh.
A weirdo, but a bro. :love: Larian did him dirty with that ending.
Guy was murdered in multiple ways, his coronation was in a fucking bridge prison. If you decide to fight him its the only of the three that get no power up so Bane told him to eat a dick and if you decide to ally with him the BBEG just zap him like a fly.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

the game's OST peaked here.

Meh. When I was playing this, I had to turn off the soundtrack very quickly into character creation because of how terrible the menu song is. I left the music off the whole time from beginning to the uninstall point.

Music's the least of the game's problems. Most of it's good. The male choir "aaah-oh" right at the beginning give a bad impression, but there's a lot of variety and some nice choons here and there throughout the game. There are even a few callbacks to Kirill's music (e.g. that strange sampled violin sound here and there, things like that).

It's generic like the rest of the game. I wouldn't even call it good.

How would you know if you shut it off?

I heard the opening theme and I took a look at the soundtrack on youtube. It's generic.

Some of it is, a lot of it isn't. For instance one of three underdark themes is very original, with its angular descending theme and perpetual motion rhythm - very reminiscent of a Krill Pokrovsky kind of composition.

Which is very generic.

homer backs into bushes.gif

Rhobar121

Scholar
It's funny how someone like MerchantKing complains about degeneracy. Given his obsession, shitty rp at least looks like he has fetishes for short people and that's assuming the best scenario.

Vyvian

Educated
I'm 10 minutes into starfield and nobody has tried to sexually molest me and no bears are trying to fuck me.. 4/10

Not sure about this game.. BG3 wins bear-chads.
Just give it a few months post-launch when sex mods save the game.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
After i got around and played it for 1 week i changed my mind about BG3. It's great.

Kudos to Larian for making a great game in an era of bland and mediocre RPGs. I give it 9/10 and a game that deserves to be bought even by people like us who live in torrent paradises :)

MerchantKing

Learned

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Guy was murdered in multiple ways, his coronation was in a fucking bridge prison. If you decide to fight him its the only of the three that get no power up so Bane told him to eat a dick and if you decide to ally with him the BBEG just zap him like a fly.
Enver Gortash does receive his superhero transformation into the "avatar of tyranny" during the combat, but not until the third round and it doesn't grant him that much extra HP, so he should die quickly in that form, even if the player hasn't managed to kill him quickly enough for the transformation not to occur.

turkishronin

Arcane
You know what's ironic? Despite Larian being butthurt about people making WHITE MALE HUMAN FIGHTERS, that's probably the most appropriate character for the story. The Chosen are human (I guess Ketheric is a Half-Elf?), ceremorphosis works best on humanoids (so Svirfneblin etc should be outright not be available to be honest), the MC is usually from Baldur's Gate and despite all the ~most diverse city~ shit it's still mainly human.
It's almost as if most woke shit are just lazily filling a corporate checklist

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom