Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Sunri

Liturgist
Well halsin doesn't really have a questline either. It's just a case of these two characters being later tacked on addition. Halsin is actually offensively boring too, made me wish I went the evil route in act1 at every turn. Probably purely made as a second romance option for females to counterbalance the effeminate astarion before they decided that everyone in the game is queer.
I don't even understand why they needed to make him an actual party member, when they have jaheira as a druid also on the good path and she is surprisingly well characterized as the old adventurer that just can't retire.
Halsin isn't a real character. He's a bear sex meme they tacked on last minute. I never heard that Minthara was tacked on last minute. But you lose like 3 companions recruiting Minthara so she should have more content and a quest line to compensate. It's not the same situation.

Minthara is also very popular which I don't think Larian expected. Larian doesn't understand hot, female drow = popular.

Lots of players are pissed off you have to sack the grove to get her (which is gay.) And I think a lot more players sacked the grove than Larian expected because a lot of players wanted Minthara over the fags
who leaves if you sack the grove ?
Karla wyll and you kill halsin so 3 companions

Barbarian

Arcane
And ITT, yes this game is bugged and unfinished.

Though to be completely fair act 1 alone already makes the game worth buying and playing in my book. But maybe we have all gotten too used to be screwed over by shitty games with shitty releases.

It has gotten to the point where the first decent dnd game in ages gets a pass for bugged companions and patchwork third act.

volklore

Arcane
Well halsin doesn't really have a questline either. It's just a case of these two characters being later tacked on addition. Halsin is actually offensively boring too, made me wish I went the evil route in act1 at every turn. Probably purely made as a second romance option for females to counterbalance the effeminate astarion before they decided that everyone in the game is queer.
I don't even understand why they needed to make him an actual party member, when they have jaheira as a druid also on the good path and she is surprisingly well characterized as the old adventurer that just can't retire.
Halsin isn't a real character. He's a bear sex meme they tacked on last minute. I never heard that Minthara was tacked on last minute. But you lose like 3 companions recruiting Minthara so she should have more content and a quest line to compensate. It's not the same situation.

Minthara is also very popular which I don't think Larian expected. Larian doesn't understand hot, female drow = popular.

Lots of players are pissed off you have to sack the grove to get her (which is gay.) And I think a lot more players sacked the grove than Larian expected because a lot of players wanted Minthara over the fags
Oh god, so you lose the 3 shittiest companions lmao.
What a tragedy I didn't go evil in act1.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

It is great. Though Wyll's quest line is pretty cool actually

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
From what I've seen Mirantha is actually very popular. Shadow tits was by far the most romanced. The fag/tranny gamer population is wildly over stated. Most gamers are regular dudes. The average gamer is more conservative than the average person definitely

That's the problem with the ESG shit. I mean, in theory, free markets and all that, you'd have developers appealing to their majority audience, which is still mostly straight white males - so you might have some bikini chainmail and a bit of lesbianism between hotties only, but nothing much beyond that (which is what the situation was prior to about the end of the Noughties).

Instead companies are being compensated by investment companies specifically not to appeal to their theoretical natural audience, in fact to demoralize their theoretical natural audience.

That has backfired several times though. Some companies such as Warner and even Disney have literally lost a lot of cash due to wokery.

I can name recent examples even, like the new Indy movie flopping. Or how barely anyone gives a shit about Star Wars anymore.

The difference with something like star wars is everyone sees it. Non white people, women, everyone. So they want it to have broad appeal (over the top woke stuff doesn't help tho.) But a strategic turn based dnd rpg is going to have a vast majority straight white male player base playing it. But the content isn't written with us in mind. Instead of throwing the small amount of women and fags who play this game a bone and tailoring the game for us, to a large degree they tailor the content and writing for them and throw us (the vast majority) a bone.

Now they were smart enough to know the most popular companion would be shadow pussy and gave her the most content. But they should have been smart enough to also know straight, male gamers want more minthara content and less fag content.

Barbarian

Arcane
From what I've seen Mirantha is actually very popular. Shadow tits was by far the most romanced. The fag/tranny gamer population is wildly over stated. Most gamers are regular dudes. The average gamer is more conservative than the average person definitely

That's the problem with the ESG shit. I mean, in theory, free markets and all that, you'd have developers appealing to their majority audience, which is still mostly straight white males - so you might have some bikini chainmail and a bit of lesbianism between hotties only, but nothing much beyond that (which is what the situation was prior to about the end of the Noughties).

Instead companies are being compensated by investment companies specifically not to appeal to their theoretical natural audience, in fact to demoralize their theoretical natural audience.

That has backfired several times though. Some companies such as Warner and even Disney have literally lost a lot of cash due to wokery.

I can name recent examples even, like the new Indy movie flopping. Or how barely anyone gives a shit about Star Wars anymore.

The difference with something like star wars is everyone sees it. Non white people, women, everyone. So they want it to have broad appeal (over the top woke stuff doesn't help tho.) But a strategic turn based dnd rpg is going to have a vast majority player base playing it. But the content isn't written with us in mind. Instead of throwing the small amount of women and fags who play this game a bone and tailoring the game for us, to a large degree they tailor the content and writing for them and throw us (the vast majority) a bone.

Now they were smart enough to know the most popular companion would be shadow pussy and gave her the most content. But they should have been smart enough to also known us straight, male gamers want more minthara content and less fag content.

Solo flopped. Viewership dropped with every succeeding nu-trilogy movie. The new tv shows are flopping.

Disney had a guaranteed hit on their hands because everybody missed the franchise to death. Not the case anymore. And they really wrecked it. Have you met people who actually enjoy Rey as a character and weren't just shilling for social justice or culture wars?

Barbarian

Arcane

It is? I could barely stand the guy. He induced cringe with his every sentence. He also wears some faggot female tanktop outfit at camp and tried dancing ballet with me.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

It is? I could barely stand the guy. He induced cringe with his every sentence. He also wears some faggot female tanktop outfit at camp and tried dancing ballet with me.
I always sack the grove so I haven't played it but it looked cool. His demon/patron is interesting and she was cool in the one interaction I got with her. From what I've seen it's good because of her. Wyll is complete trash agreed

volklore

Arcane

I always sack the grove so I haven't played it but it looked cool. His demon/patron is interesting and she was cool in the one interaction I got with her. From what I've seen it's good because of her. Wyll is complete trash agreed
Mizora is a fun character true. Good thing is you don't have to engage at all with wyll after recruiting or take him in your party and his ''quest'' will play out normally.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Solo flopped. Viewership dropped with every succeeding nu-trilogy movie. The new tv shows are flopping.

Disney had a guaranteed hit on their hands because everybody missed the franchise to death. Not the case anymore. And they really wrecked it. Have you met people who actually enjoy Rey as a character and weren't just shilling for social justice or culture wars?
No the movies are just complete garbage writing. So that's the main problem.

Lots of women and non whites watch star wars. They don't play turn based rpgs

Minecrawler

Educated
For me he somehow showed up in the depths of Grymforge where I was resting near the lava lake after hammering the golem, just to be oneshotted along with his bear (lol) companion. He hadn't appeared during the grove battle despite being free, so I almost forgot about his existence at that point.

MerchantKing

Learned
From what I've seen Mirantha is actually very popular. Shadow tits was by far the most romanced.
It makes more sense since Shadowheart is the only remotely feminine companion in the game. Karlack and Lezzel are just the typical girlboss modern leftist ESG score inserts. M

Minthara seems more like Viconia in BG2 though much less feminine due to the writers. She's bait for the "I CAN STILL SAVE HER" type just like Viconia. Too bad they gave her a man's face too and made her a paladin instead of cleric. That's if she's really a "she" and not a man like so many of the other "women" in this game.
The fag/tranny gamer population is wildly over stated. Most gamers are regular dudes. The average gamer is more conservative than the average person definitely
Most people in general are the go along to get along sort. That includes gamers.

Black

Arcane
She's bait for the "I CAN STILL SAVE HER"
MSyQdDD.png

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
From what I've seen Mirantha is actually very popular. Shadow tits was by far the most romanced.
It makes more sense since Shadowheart is the only remotely feminine companion in the game. Karlack and Lezzel are just the typical girlboss modern leftist ESG score inserts. M

Minthara seems more like Viconia in BG2 though much less feminine due to the writers. She's bait for the "I CAN STILL SAVE HER" type just like Viconia. Too bad they gave her a man's face too and made her a paladin instead of cleric. That's if she's really a "she" and not a man like so many of the other "women" in this game.
The fag/tranny gamer population is wildly over stated. Most gamers are regular dudes. The average gamer is more conservative than the average person definitely
Most people in general are the go along to get along sort. That includes gamers.

I think Minthara looks good. We already have shadow tits as a cleric so it wouldn't make sense to have another one. I think they wanted an evil charisma character in case you sacked the grove and needed/wanted someone to handle dialogue checks.

Most people are non political yeah but my point is they're not writing content that the average consumer of their product will enjoy. And even these go along types were getting a little annoyed by all the fag come ons

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Yeah, there's some truth to "get woke, go broke" but it hasn't really worked out as well as the numbers (i.e. the majority numbers of people who loathe wokery) would lead you to expect. There's a gargantuan amount of money behind pushing degeneracy and woke bs, and they're obviously prepared to lose a chunk of it keeping wokery propped up, even despite the hatred for it. You've got to figure at some point even some of those people might be more interested in profit than in supporting the agenda - maybe there's a point at which they'll break ranks. I doubt it though, I think they're be prepared to lose a significant amount of money to push the agenda.

Black

Arcane

You lose more than just 3 companions, you also lose future quests and vendors in a2 and 3.
It's a really well developed game, see.

Sunri

Liturgist

You lose more than just 3 companions, you also lose future quests and vendors in a2 and 3.
Who cares you dont need them anyway i slaughtered everyone on urge run i probably skipped half of the quest and still over leveled

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Who was the most played character for people who played as an origin character? Gale. The white human lol. I know Larian was upset so many players were making their MC human when they put all these races and sliders in the game.

I actually think Larian is a kind of out of touch and not understanding the customer base for their games.

And ITT, yes this game is bugged and unfinished.

Though to be completely fair act 1 alone already makes the game worth buying and playing in my book. But maybe we have all gotten too used to be screwed over by shitty games with shitty releases.

It has gotten to the point where the first decent dnd game in ages gets a pass for bugged companions and patchwork third act.
The last D&D pc game that was both original and had worthwile content was NWN2. Released in 2006. Kids born in 2006 are finishing high school now.

Also

baldurs-gate-3-wyll-pact.jpg

If you sign this here i'll let you lick my soles

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Who was the most played character for people who played as an origin character? Gale. The white human lol. I know Larian was upset so many players were making their MC human when they put all these races and sliders in the game.

I actually think Larian is a kind of out of touch and not understanding the customer base for their games.
If you pay for this game despite hating woke stuff, then Larian knows what sells. If you pirate because there's woke stuff, you aren't a customer and don't count. Hence the next game by them will have an equal amount of woke stuff given how well BG3 has sold.

Being bad has... le bad consequences?
Color me shocked

Black

Arcane

Color me shocked
It must be shocking to 2023 newfags that you can have "evil" paths and still not neuter your game's content.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

If you pay for this game despite hating woke stuff, then Larian knows what sells. If you pirate because there's woke stuff, you aren't a customer and don't count. Hence the next game by them will have an equal amount of woke stuff given how well BG3 has sold.
$100 says you're an incel who is so sexually frustrated you're considering (or have already) dressing up as a girl to have sex with men

Sunri

Liturgist

Color me shocked
It must be shocking to 2023 newfags that you can have "evil" paths and still not neuter your game's content.
That would be stupid, you want to be evil and still go around helping refuges and shit?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

$100 says you're an incel who is so sexually frustrated you're considering (or have already) dressing up as a girl to have sex with men
Le projectione le much :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom