Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
From what I've seen Mirantha is actually very popular. Shadow tits was by far the most romanced.
It makes more sense since Shadowheart is the only remotely feminine companion in the game. Karlack and Lezzel are just the typical girlboss modern leftist ESG score inserts. M

Minthara seems more like Viconia in BG2 though much less feminine due to the writers. She's bait for the "I CAN STILL SAVE HER" type just like Viconia. Too bad they gave her a man's face too and made her a paladin instead of cleric. That's if she's really a "she" and not a man like so many of the other "women" in this game.
The fag/tranny gamer population is wildly over stated. Most gamers are regular dudes. The average gamer is more conservative than the average person definitely
Most people in general are the go along to get along sort. That includes gamers.

I think Minthara looks good. We already have shadow tits as a cleric so it wouldn't make sense to have another one. I think they wanted an evil charisma character in case you sacked the grove and needed/wanted someone to handle dialogue checks.
I'd rather not have woke tropes like females with a martial class and more than 14 STR. They could've made her a warlock, sorc, or bard if they wanted an evil charisma character though.
Most people are non political yeah but my point is they're not writing content that the average consumer of their product will enjoy. And even these go along types were getting a little annoyed by all the fag come ons
Yet they still spent money on this game and bought into the hype, they still watch all these netflix, amazon, and marvel movies, and they still subscribe to twitch trannies in spite of all of them doing the same thing.

I agree with that. I'd prefer her as a sorcerer too. But female martial characters are the least of my concerns in this game.

Of course. If you want to play video games or watch movies, you don't really have an alternative.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
From what I've seen Mirantha is actually very popular. Shadow tits was by far the most romanced.
It makes more sense since Shadowheart is the only remotely feminine companion in the game. Karlack and Lezzel are just the typical girlboss modern leftist ESG score inserts. M

Minthara seems more like Viconia in BG2 though much less feminine due to the writers. She's bait for the "I CAN STILL SAVE HER" type just like Viconia. Too bad they gave her a man's face too and made her a paladin instead of cleric. That's if she's really a "she" and not a man like so many of the other "women" in this game.
The fag/tranny gamer population is wildly over stated. Most gamers are regular dudes. The average gamer is more conservative than the average person definitely
Most people in general are the go along to get along sort. That includes gamers.

I think Minthara looks good. We already have shadow tits as a cleric so it wouldn't make sense to have another one. I think they wanted an evil charisma character in case you sacked the grove and needed/wanted someone to handle dialogue checks.
I'd rather not have woke tropes like females with a martial class and more than 14 STR. They could've made her a warlock, sorc, or bard if they wanted an evil charisma character though.
Most people are non political yeah but my point is they're not writing content that the average consumer of their product will enjoy. And even these go along types were getting a little annoyed by all the fag come ons
Yet they still spent money on this game and bought into the hype, they still watch all these netflix, amazon, and marvel movies, and they still subscribe to twitch trannies in spite of all of them doing the same thing.

I agree with that. I'd prefer her as a sorcerer too. But female martial characters are the least of my concerns in this game.

Of course. If you want to play video games or watch movies, you don't really have an alternative.
Female Drow sorcerer makes as much sense as female Drow Paladin. Zero.

MerchantKing

Learned
She's bait for the "I CAN STILL SAVE HER"
MSyQdDD.png
She can't break anyone. She's more of the one who gets broken.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

They want an evil charisma companion so they don't have a lot of options. It's more of a gameplay thing

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Can we stop advertizing this dumbass woke shit by talking about it all the time? Mazzy and Jaheira were martial classes with 15 strength and they weren't woke tropes. Neither was Amiri.

If you must place the blame somewhere for why everybody is eating up these female characters that have impossible strength you should be looking at World of Warcraft or Lineage, coz that's where it started.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Does anyone here knows where to find this Enforcer Helmet (3:28)? Its one of the few good looking helmets in the game, i know that basic version can be found in the beginning of the Mountain Pass area but i cant find uncommon version enywhere.

Darth Valer

Literate
So far the wokest thing I've seen in the first Two acts, aside from the character creation and the companions' playersexuality (if the latter can be called wokeness and not catering to a certain playerbase dark urges) has been the gith Voss fella using "they/them" pronouns for the inhabitant of the Astral Prism. If you're not super sensibile to the culture wars the game seems very tame both towards progressive and reactionary themes.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Why? I always supposed that sorcerer is main class for drow females?

Larianshill

Arbiter
So far the wokest thing I've seen in the first Two acts, aside from the character creation and the companions' playersexuality (if the latter can be called wokeness and not catering to a certain playerbase dark urges) has been the gith Voss fella using "they/them" pronouns for the inhabitant of the Astral Prism. If you're not super sensibile to the culture wars the game seems very tame both towards progressive and reactionary themes.
Does Voss even know who's inside the prism? I feel like he wouldn't.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
The faggy companions is the worst part for sure

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

It's just not how they are portrayed in DnD. Drows are short and quick and prefer to use their agility in combat (crossbows, rapiers, dagger etc). They do have wizards but not sorcerers, maybe because their spartan society isn't exactly suited for artists of the weave.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I just replayed the end of act 2 with some different choices, and found even more evidence that the evil route is simply half-baked. If you have Shadowheart in your party when you let Balthazar take away Nightsong, she acts as if you robbed her of an important choice, and that you were hiding from her to avoid having a conversation with it, then she leaves the party. This is obviously dialogue intended for not having Shadowheart with you at the end of the Gauntlet, but it still plays even though she was right fucking there, and made no objections to Nightsong's fate.

Last edited:
Well halsin doesn't really have a questline either. It's just a case of these two characters being later tacked on addition. Halsin is actually offensively boring too, made me wish I went the evil route in act1 at every turn. Probably purely made as a second romance option for females to counterbalance the effeminate astarion before they decided that everyone in the game is queer.
I don't even understand why they needed to make him an actual party member, when they have jaheira as a druid also on the good path and she is surprisingly well characterized as the old adventurer that just can't retire.
Halsin isn't a real character. He's a bear sex meme they tacked on last minute. I never heard that Minthara was tacked on last minute. But you lose like 3 companions recruiting Minthara so she should have more content and a quest line to compensate. It's not the same situation.

Minthara is also very popular which I don't think Larian expected. Larian doesn't understand hot, female drow = popular.

Lots of players are pissed off you have to sack the grove to get her (which is gay.) And I think a lot more players sacked the grove than Larian expected because a lot of players wanted Minthara over the fags
who leaves if you sack the grove ?
Karla wyll and you kill halsin so 3 companions
Oh god, so you lose the 3 shittiest companions lmao.
What a tragedy I didn't go evil in act1.
You lose more than just 3 companions, you also lose future quests and vendors in a2 and 3.
It's a really well developed game, see.
Being bad has... le bad consequences?
Color me shocked
It must be shocking to 2023 newfags that you can have "evil" paths and still not neuter your game's content.
That would be stupid, you want to be evil and still go around helping refuges and shit?
Isn't it amazing how both KOTOR 2 and MotB managed to make proper evil paths without cutting content?
Of course the underlying problem here is that both you and larian assume evil = basic bitch murderhobo.
The game isn't cutting content, you are doing it yourself. Simple as.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

It's just not how they are portrayed in DnD. Drows are short and quick and prefer to use their agility in combat (crossbows, rapiers, dagger etc). They do have wizards but not sorcerers, maybe because their spartan society isn't exactly suited for artists of the weave.

I know that in Greyhawk the drows were, like all elves, wizards, but, in cRPGs anyway, modern depictions bound them with wilder side of magic.

But I can be wrong. Anyway, in One D&D everything is everything, so it doesn't matter who we play.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

You're role playing in a roleplaying game! You're the one cutting content!
choices and consequences
So the classic lazy writing of negative consequences for picking evil choices but no negative consequences for being a goody two shoes?

Being overly altruistic should have negative consequences. What are the consequences for making all "good" choices?

Sunri

Liturgist

choices and consequences
So the classic lazy writing of negative consequences for picking evil choices but no negative consequences for being a goody two shoes?

Being overly altruistic should have negative consequences. What are the consequences for making all "good" choices?
Same as in every rpg ever made, none lmao

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

choices and consequences

That's not true. There are games that have negative consequences. Usually a basic one is less/worse gear and loot. But this game you even get better loot going good.

And not every game cuts off a bunch of content if you decide to play evil. That's just lazy Larian (or they didn't have time to complete their game and properly implement evil.)

GloomFrost

Arcane

choices and consequences

Yep and now compare what being evil is like in WotR or MotR or KOTOR 2. Even Dragon Age got better evil role play ffs.

Lodis

Educated
Dragon Age Origins did choice and consequence right. For example if you kill the mages the templars join your army, or if you wipe out the elves you get werewolves instead, etc. Big one near the end of the game is that you can recruit Loghain at the cost of Alistair.

Now look at the choices in BG3, wipe out the tieflings? Lose 3 companions, 4 if you can't convince Gale to stay. Lose quests and vendors, miss out on one of the best pieces of equipment in the game. And in return you get Minthara who is essentially a glorified hireling with bugged dialogue. Kill Nightsong? Everyone in Last Light in gets fucked, lose Jaheira as a companion meaning you also lose Minsc as a companion in act 3. Try to team up with Gortash in act 3? Doesn't matter, gets killed anyway so the game can railroad you back into the way that Larian wants you to play. These aren't choices and consequences, it's you getting fucked over because you dared decided to try and roleplay.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Dragon Age Origins did choice and consequence right. For example if you kill the mages the templars join your army, or if you wipe out the elves you get werewolves instead, etc. Big one near the end of the game is that you can recruit Loghain at the cost of Alistair.

Now look at the choices in BG3, wipe out the tieflings? Lose 3 companions, 4 if you can't convince Gale to stay. Lose quests and vendors, miss out on one of the best pieces of equipment in the game. And in return you get Minthara who is essentially a glorified hireling with bugged dialogue. Kill Nightsong? Everyone in Last Light in gets fucked, lose Jaheira as a companion meaning you also lose Minsc as a companion in act 3. Try to team up with Gortash in act 3? Doesn't matter, gets killed anyway so the game can railroad you back into the way that Larian wants you to play. These aren't choices and consequences, it's you getting fucked over because you dared decided to try and roleplay.
Its also funny how Larian had enough time and resources to finish and polish the sex scene with Minthara but not her dialogue line and quests. They couldn't even restore it in the second patch. Tells you everything you need to know about this game and TA it was made for :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom