Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Surely he is one of us.

Why does he think Owlcat wouldn't butcher Baldur's Gate seeing how many trannies and sodomite romances were in Wrath?

As I said ages ago re. PF:K, the difference between what they're doing in the Owlcat games and in BG3, is that in the Owlcat games they're a bit behind the times, so the degeneracy/faggotry is more in the humanist or moral universalist vein of "why can't we all just get along?" and "what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms yada yada." PF:K is where Western games were in the Noughties.

Whereas with BG3 and other more Western games the mind virus is more advanced, it's all much more aggressive and personal - it's out to get you, the player (or rather, to put it another way, it's "not made for you" but made for someone with rainbow coloured hair, so to speak). The only thing that's in a similar vein to the pushiness of BG£ in WOTR, for example, is having a slightly pushy faggoty option in conversation with the black cleric at one point, maybe a couple of other instances.

But even with Owlcat, PF:K was a bit more "innocent" in that regard than WOTR, and WOTR is already getting on the way to being more like BG3, more "normalization" and ESG vibes. Rther than "Hey, let's be nicer to deviants and faggots," it's more like, "You vill enjoy ze faggotry bigot."

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The hirelings don't feel right to me. I get Larian giving them backstory, but they ultimately come off as "bootleg" companions that are just...there.

It reminds me a bit of Dragon's Dogma's pawns, which I also felt were a bit uncanny. At least the Pawns are very expressly described as "Ersatz People". The hirelings feel more like Larian going, "if we had more resources these guys would be companions".
I'm glad they never made it to companions. Have you seen how they look? It's like someone ran the character creators on random for 10 turns and used every single one of the outcomes.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
afbeelding.png

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
This makes me wonder if the game is gaining some sort of following in Japan, incidentally.
I know both The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk were reasonably big hits there, for example.
Then again, both had Japanese voice over.
Yeah the game has everything for it to become a big hit in Japan.

I think Spike Chunsoft are dealing with the localisation.

I watched a couple of Japanese streamers playing these games and it was funny how quickly they got bored and quit. One of them was a completionist who streamed a large number of lengthy RPGs.
I owned it since launch day and to this day I have yet to play CP2077 past the ten hours mark (and at this point I'm waiting the upcoming update to even consider trying again), so that's not particularly shocking to hear.

But that wasn't the point, anyway, and it's not relevant in context.
The two games DID do exceptionally well as foreign titles in the Japanese market. and gained a lot of fans there. This is not up to debate.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

Surely he is one of us.

Why does he think Owlcat wouldn't butcher Baldur's Gate seeing how many trannies and sodomite romances were in Wrath?

Daeran never tried to suck my character dick out nowhere unless i actively picked the flirt option , also there's barely any player sexual characters, unlike bg3 where if you breath a little harder even villians want to fuck you:M

turkishronin

Arcane

Surely he is one of us.

As I said ages ago re. PF:K, the difference between what they're doing in the Owlcat games and in BG3, is that in the Owlcat games they're a bit behind the times, so the degeneracy/faggotry is more in the humanist or moral universalist vein of "why can't we all just get along?" and "what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms yada yada." PF:K is where Western games were in the Noughties.

Whereas with BG3 and other more Western games the mind virus is more advanced, it's all much more aggressive and personal - it's out to get you, the player (or rather, to put it another way, it's "not made for you" but made for someone with rainbow coloured hair, so to speak). The only thing that's in a similar vein to the pushiness of BG£ in WOTR, for example, is having a slightly pushy faggoty option in conversation with the black cleric at one point, maybe a couple of other instances.

But even with Owlcat, PF:K was a bit more "innocent" in that regard than WOTR, and WOTR is already getting on the way to being more like BG3, more "normalization" and ESG vibes. Rther than "Hey, let's be nicer to deviants and faggots," it's more like, "You vill enjoy ze faggotry bigot."

Owlcat made the guy who wrote bisexual orc in open relationship with half elf girl the main writer of WotR. No Larian game can reach that level of pozz that shit legit put me off continuing PF:K

VerSacrum

Educated

Surely he is one of us.

No Larian game can reach that level of pozz

Just tell them to fuck off and problem is solved.

In BG3 you are constantly confronted with current day shit, from "High Elves" with African skin and facial features to homosexual couples, to grrl boss town guards, to trannies, especially after reaching the outskirts. It's pretty save to say that BG3 outpozzed any other RPG ever released by a very wide margin.

Surely he is one of us.

Daeran never tried to suck my character dick out nowhere unless i actively picked the flirt option , also there's barely any player sexual characters, unlike bg3 where if you breath a little harder even villians want to fuck you:M

Daeran definitely hits on you when the crusade starts even if you didn't flirt with him in Kenabres. But he takes the hint after that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom