Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I thought Daeran was really well handled. Being gay fits his character (I mean, you literally meet him while throwing an orgy), he hits on you and if you tell him to fuck off he's pretty gratious in his response and never bothers you again with it.

I thought Daeran was really well handled. Being gay fits his character (I mean, you literally meet him while throwing an orgy), he hits on you and if you tell him to fuck off he's pretty gratious in his response and never bothers you again with it.
Admittedly Gale could learn a thing of two from the guy.
That thirsty fucker.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So I'm waiting for the next round of patches for Minthara and then I'm doing a Drow Durge playthrough. Cut off Gale's hand, kill Karlach, kill Halsin, fry those thieving little shits.. and I'm sure I'll be able to find some way of getting rid of Wyll as well. Just fucking purge it all!

MerchantKing

Learned

Surely he is one of us.

Why does he think Owlcat wouldn't butcher Baldur's Gate seeing how many trannies and sodomite romances were in Wrath?

As I said ages ago re. PF:K, the difference between what they're doing in the Owlcat games and in BG3, is that in the Owlcat games they're a bit behind the times, so the degeneracy/faggotry is more in the humanist or moral universalist vein of "why can't we all just get along?" and "what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms yada yada." PF:K is where Western games were in the Noughties.

Whereas with BG3 and other more Western games the mind virus is more advanced, it's all much more aggressive and personal - it's out to get you, the player (or rather, to put it another way, it's "not made for you" but made for someone with rainbow coloured hair, so to speak). The only thing that's in a similar vein to the pushiness of BG£ in WOTR, for example, is having a slightly pushy faggoty option in conversation with the black cleric at one point, maybe a couple of other instances.

But even with Owlcat, PF:K was a bit more "innocent" in that regard than WOTR, and WOTR is already getting on the way to being more like BG3, more "normalization" and ESG vibes. Rther than "Hey, let's be nicer to deviants and faggots," it's more like, "You vill enjoy ze faggotry bigot."

The Libertarian take is just as retarded as the leftist woke approach. The disease wants to spread and trying to get people to tolerate it as long as it "stays" in the bedroom does nothing but help the disease spread.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Surely he is one of us.

Why does he think Owlcat wouldn't butcher Baldur's Gate seeing how many trannies and sodomite romances were in Wrath?

As I said ages ago re. PF:K, the difference between what they're doing in the Owlcat games and in BG3, is that in the Owlcat games they're a bit behind the times, so the degeneracy/faggotry is more in the humanist or moral universalist vein of "why can't we all just get along?" and "what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms yada yada." PF:K is where Western games were in the Noughties.

Whereas with BG3 and other more Western games the mind virus is more advanced, it's all much more aggressive and personal - it's out to get you, the player (or rather, to put it another way, it's "not made for you" but made for someone with rainbow coloured hair, so to speak). The only thing that's in a similar vein to the pushiness of BG£ in WOTR, for example, is having a slightly pushy faggoty option in conversation with the black cleric at one point, maybe a couple of other instances.

But even with Owlcat, PF:K was a bit more "innocent" in that regard than WOTR, and WOTR is already getting on the way to being more like BG3, more "normalization" and ESG vibes. Rther than "Hey, let's be nicer to deviants and faggots," it's more like, "You vill enjoy ze faggotry bigot."

The Libertarian take is just as retarded as the leftist woke approach. The disease wants to spread and trying to get people to tolerate it as long as it "stays" in the bedroom does nothing but help the disease spread.

It already did. Only way out is through and they're all groping around trying to find it now.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Surely he is one of us.

Owlcat made the guy who wrote bisexual orc in open relationship with half elf girl the main writer of WotR. No Larian game can reach that level of pozz that shit legit put me off continuing PF:K

i remember making him girl with editor.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3656415107293172659
Hotfix #6 Now Live!
Version Number: 4.1.1.3700362

Hello everyone,

We’ve got a small hotfix for you today, taking care of a few issues affecting dialogues and the controller interface.

As ever, thank you for taking the time to report these issues to us, and thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3.

CHANGES
  • Fixed an issue preventing you from starting a new dialogue.
  • Fixed in-game tutorials not popping up at the correct time on the controller interface.
  • Fixed visual artefacts in an Underdark dialogue.

MerchantKing

Learned
Hotfix #6 Now Live!

Hello everyone,

We’ve got a small hotfix for you today, taking care of a few issues affecting dialogues and the controller interface.

As ever, thank you for taking the time to report these issues to us, and thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3.

CHANGES
  • Fixed in-game tutorials not popping up at the correct time on the controller interface.
What did the hotfix break this time?

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Disappointed you can't screw over Raphael in the Gauntlet of Shar but I suppose it's in line for a devil.

e: Also it just occurred to me, that isn't what the Shadowfell should look like.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
lmao, Shadowhearts new hair looks almost exactly the same as her old haircut when she goes Dark Justiciar.
Women, am I rite.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Hotfix #6 Now Live!

Hello everyone,

CHANGES
Why this stuff wasn't there on the release?

Hotfix #6 Now Live!

Hello everyone,

CHANGES
Why this stuff wasn't there on the release?
Critical issues take preference -- being able to play the game, etc. Stuff likevisual artifacts and stuff that generally doesn't end on being unable to input actions or getting a CTD will have to wait.

There's this little room when Minsc finds Boo, and it makes me wonder if the canon BG2 party includes Keldorn, Mazzy, Aerie and Jan. Because they are very specifically mentioned all together.

MerchantKing

Learned
There's this little room when Minsc finds Boo, and it makes me wonder if the canon BG2 party includes Keldorn, Mazzy, Aerie and Jan. Because they are very specifically mentioned all together.
So the canon Viconia ending is being burned at the stake then? That would make her just like Elgar Buttercup, had skin the shade of charcoal, too. Well, technically it WAS charcoal. He died in a nasty fire, you see.

Hagashager

Educated
In my first BG2 playthrough I had Jahiera, Minsc, Imoen/Yoshimo, Aerie and the sixth slot rotating between the others for their quests. When I finished those I took Keldorn with me to Spellhold. In ToB Keldorn was replaced with Sarevok.

It's possible Minsc traveled with all of them at separate times during the events of BG2.

Sunri

Liturgist

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I just started playing Pathfinder WotR and I have to admit that the game feels less immersive than BG3. I think the main reason for this feeling is BG3's gameworld verticality despite the fact that it's not true verticality.

Then the second realisation is that the systems are very similar and both are fundamentally retarded meaning that they are gamey as fuck. *dice rolls within a save scumming context. good luck with that*

But at least Pathfinder lets me select all my characters with the mouse, the inventory has categories and most companions are not flaming gay or into bestiality. Some Pathfinder companions are way better written than the BG3's sex muppets.

I don't know. I'm really curious how the main stories compare.

edit: I'm probably ashamed to admit but I guess cinematic cutscenes are more immersive despite the fact that most of them are just unnecessary filller. It's strange that pretty visuals can hide the fact that the actual content is not great at all. Probably this is the reason why Larian went beserk with them.

Last edited:

user

Savant
Disappointed you can't screw over Raphael in the Gauntlet of Shar but I suppose it's in line for a devil.
Yeah but you can screw Raphael and that's what matters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom