Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The patched-up Frankenstein look might be a contributing factor.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Is it worth keeping Dykesong in Act 3 instead of selling her to Lorroakan? If not for the fact that her death would doom everyone in the Last Light inn and locked Shadowheart on the edgy route (though i miss the best version of Dark Justiciar half plate) i would always delete her, she is so fucking annoying.
At that point it really doesn't matter. Though watching her lose her shit and sperg out at you after you sell her off is peak comedy. Bitch is completely unhinged.

rWU0PYY.png
Evil is just flat better in this game. All the good characters are trash and annoying. The only cool one is kagha who reddit claims is Lawful evil lol

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
I can't believe larian can't figure out this Minthara bug. My evil playthrough has to stay on the shelf until then. I couldn't beat the game as good and don't want to finish evil until they patch her. Might as well wait 6 months until they fix the game and act 3 too

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Minthara still not fixed lol. Tough nut for Larian to crack. Can't fix the only thing you get for being evil
What fix?
She's missing 1500 lines of dialogue including romance/relationship. She supposed to be fixed in the hot fix the other day but it was a flop. Larian keeps saying they're going to fix and then don't.
"Minthara romance...? uh... yeah, of course we recorded the audio for that... they are just in the, uh... other SD card. I'll go an get it"
*runs away*

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it worth keeping Dykesong in Act 3 instead of selling her to Lorroakan? If not for the fact that her death would doom everyone in the Last Light inn and locked Shadowheart on the edgy route (though i miss the best version of Dark Justiciar half plate) i would always delete her, she is so fucking annoying.
At that point it really doesn't matter. Though watching her lose her shit and sperg out at you after you sell her off is peak comedy. Bitch is completely unhinged.

rWU0PYY.png
Isnt Selûne good deity?, why is her daughter so fucked up in the head lmao

Writers are mad at Selune because too Spartan right-wingy or some shit.

Sure Shartards are groomers but its Selunites fault for neglecting their kids.

MerchantKing

Learned

rWU0PYY.png
Evil is just flat better in this game. All the good characters are trash and annoying. The only cool one is kagha who reddit claims is Lawful evil lol
Druids are Neutral though.

Zariusz

Arbiter

rWU0PYY.png
Are you sure about that?
96e.jpg

dukeofwoodberry

Educated

rWU0PYY.png
They are but reddit fags think she's evil.

I wouldn't say Halsin is neutral. Kind of a faggot who goes out of his way to help others

VerSacrum

Educated

rWU0PYY.png
It's Nu-D&D, anyone can be anything.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

rWU0PYY.png

I wouldn't say Halsin is neutral. Kind of a faggot who goes out of his way to help others
Killing someone's children does seem a bit on the evil side. But it's Nu-D&D and she's a stronk woman, so it's probably lawful good to Larian.

Having played only the evil route and seen her only for a moment, I had no idea who this ugly, evil bitch was without looking her up.

Apparently, she wasn't always so hideous:

c1lqOGS.png

As I've said before, it's like Larian brought in a bunch of faggots at one point or another, who absolutely ruined whatever work the initial team had accomplished.

Just look at the garish, oversaturated color pallet they forced on the game after a year or so. I think that's half the reason Gortash ended up looking like an aging drag queen.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Aylin was repeatedly killed and resurrected by Shar followers and she's fucked in the head because of this.
I think she was a potential companion that got cut, her arc doesn't really conclude and her dialogue kindof implies you're supposed to recruit her after bonking Ketheric but nothing comes of it.

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
You're not really losing the best content in the game. The vendors are more annoying but heh. Also sparing yourself the nightsong shit ruining the end of act2 is a reward in itself believe me.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Aylin was repeatedly killed and resurrected by Shar followers and she's fucked in the head because of this.
I think she was a potential companion that got cut, her arc doesn't really conclude and her dialogue kindof implies you're supposed to recruit her after bonking Ketheric but nothing comes of it.

As someone congenitally incapable of playing evil characters, I was sympathetic to her being mightily pissed off with mages trying to imprison her and tap her power and all that.

But when she was killing Lorroakan and breaking his back even I was like
dude xanax.jpg

She was getting so mad at that point I was beginning to wonder if there was some sort of arc of her turning to evil, which would have been cool, but I guess they thought of it and dropped it at some point?

Rhobar121

Scholar

rWU0PYY.png

Killing someone's children does seem a bit on the evil side. But it's Nu-D&D and she's a stronk woman, so it's probably lawful good to Larian.

Having played only the evil route and seen her only for a moment, I had no idea who this ugly, evil bitch was without looking her up.

Apparently, she wasn't always so hideous:

c1lqOGS.png

As I've said before, it's like Larian brought in a bunch of faggots at one point or another, who absolutely ruined whatever work the initial team had accomplished.

Just look at the garish, oversaturated color pallet they forced on the game after a year or so. I think that's half the reason Gortash ended up looking like an aging drag queen.
The original (?) version that was found at the beginning of EA was no better. The general outline of the plot did not change significantly, but the character's story made absolutely no sense. The final version is an improvement in this respect.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Whoever they’ve got doing the female hips is on point tho. And they make sure even the Gith sneaks the camera a good long peek during dialogues.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The original (?) version that was found at the beginning of EA was no better. The general outline of the plot did not change significantly, but the character's story made absolutely no sense. The final version is an improvement in this respect.
I'm talking about her look, not her story. I never saw the original draft. The final version was nonsense, so I disagree that nonsense is somehow an improvement over nonsense.

Especially when part of the "improvement" is making her into an ugly, angry lesbian.

An immortal, ugly, angry lesbian btw. The Realms should thank my character for having Shadowtranny give her the good spearing she's been needing her whole carpet-munching life. :M

Rhobar121

Scholar
I'm talking about her look, not her story. I never saw the original draft. The final version was nonsense, so I disagree that nonsense is somehow an improvement over nonsense.

Especially when the "improvement" is making her into an ugly, angry lesbian.

An immortal, ugly, angry lesbian btw. The Realms should thank my character for having Shadowtranny give her the good spearing she's been needing her whole carpet-munching life. :M
Like I said, most of the story in Act 2 is unchanged (also whole plot of Isobel and Nighsong). The main changes come from reworking the Nightsong.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I just seen how a single person Shadowheart dealt with Druagar ship.
Yeet Druagar.
Yeet Druagar.
Yeet Druagar.

As a monk...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom