Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Beowulf

Arcane
Uninstalled after Act 2, in which I already mostly alt-tabbed during the fights.
It's not a bad game - Act 1 really drew me in, but I got fatigued quickly in Act 2, especially that more issues started coming to the surface.
Of course I'm lying to myself, that I will eventually pick it up some day and finish the last part when they release the definitive edition patch or whatnot.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Uninstalled after Act 2, in which I already mostly alt-tabbed during the fights.
It's not a bad game - Act 1 really drew me in, but I got fatigued quickly in Act 2, especially that more issues started coming to the surface.
Of course I'm lying to myself, that I will eventually pick it up some day and finish the last part when they release the definitive edition patch or whatnot.
Sounds like a (You) problem, bth.

Sunri

Liturgist
I'm desperately hoping that Larian is going to nerf as many things into the ground as possible

Not because I think it's necessarily the best thing to do, but because I want to see all the redditors seething with rage when their favourite cheese strategy gets wrecked

Eh but it's Larian so it'll probably just be 300 new variants of cheese wheels
Great idea let's kill the fun

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
That’s what happened in DOS I and II for me, so I can see it. Larian games tend to be front-loaded.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm desperately hoping that Larian is going to nerf as many things into the ground as possible

Not because I think it's necessarily the best thing to do, but because I want to see all the redditors seething with rage when their favourite cheese strategy gets wrecked

Some codexers only enjoy the world when nobody has fun

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
That’s what happened in DOS I and II for me, so I can see it. Larian games tend to be front-loaded.
Common problem for many cRPGs not just Larian

Beowulf

Arcane

Bugs are not the user's problem. UI issues and camera issues are not the user's problem, input lag is not the user's problem.
Get your rose-tinted glasses off or drink some water, otherwise you'll be constantly unhappy by internet strangers having different opinion on your beloved game.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Bugs are not the user's problem. UI issues and camera issues are not the user's problem, input lag is not the user's problem.
Get your rose-tinted glasses off or drink some water, otherwise you'll be constantly unhappy by internet strangers having different opinion on your beloved game.

Sounds like a (You) problem

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

This one isn't though. Act 3 is bigger than the other 2 combined. In terms of content, map, everything.

It's probably the weakest part of the game - the level 12 cap is reached very early on in act 3 and the majority of the quests, everything you do in the city itself (i.e. after Wyrm's Rock) becomes pointless unless you're in it for the LARP or want to get a particular ending slide.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Wait till you get to Stutter gates the GAYme shits the bed hard.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

Well that isn't disingenuous at all

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

because I want to see all the redditors seething with rage when their favourite cheese strategy gets wrecked

Yosharian

Arcane

because I want to see all the redditors seething with rage when their favourite cheese strategy gets wrecked
Did you stop to consider why I want them to seethe with rage?

It's not because I only enjoy the world when nobody has fun dude

Self-Ejected

Wait till you get to Stutter gates the GAYme shits the bed hard.
Screenshot_2023-09-07_091123.png

Stutter gates? Someone needs a new rig

Yosharian

Arcane
Actually there is some stutter in some areas. I experienced it in some areas of the goblin camp. And no, it wasn't FPS drop, I stayed above 100. Only temporary though. Not a big deal, and pretty rare.

IMO there are bigger problems with the visuals/UI/presentation than the occasional stutter.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Actually there is some stutter in some areas. I experienced it in some areas of the goblin camp. And no, it wasn't FPS drop, I stayed above 100. Only temporary though. Not a big deal, and pretty rare.
Wait till you get to faggot central city you will see.

Self-Ejected
No stutter for me but that could mean nothing i have a pretty beefy rig. Playing on max settings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom