Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Sarathiour

Cipher
I failed to see any contradiction as I don't consider redditor as human being, and it will only be fair that the game they like also get shitted on by me complaining despite not playing it.

Self-Ejected
I failed to see any contradiction as I don't consider redditor as human being, and it will only be fair that the game they like also get shitted on by me complaining despite not playing it.
image.png

Feels good.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Actually there is some stutter in some areas. I experienced it in some areas of the goblin camp. And no, it wasn't FPS drop, I stayed above 100. Only temporary though. Not a big deal, and pretty rare.
I didn't have any stutter at any point in the game. However, if I was in a specific place that showed two areas at the same time (like near the trader in the Druid grove, so I can see both the thiefling and the druid areas simultaniously), I'd get FPS drops.
Clearly levels were meant to be loaded into memory one area at a time, but also you can find places where you can see, and load in, two areas simultaneously. In Baldur Gate city it was a rock between the refugee camp and the bridge.

Yosharian

Arcane
Actually there is some stutter in some areas. I experienced it in some areas of the goblin camp. And no, it wasn't FPS drop, I stayed above 100. Only temporary though. Not a big deal, and pretty rare.
I didn't have any stutter at any point in the game. However, if I was in a specific place that showed two areas at the same time (like near the trader in the Druid grove, so I can see both the thiefling and the druid areas simultaniously), I'd get FPS drops.
Clearly levels were meant to be loaded into memory one area at a time, but also you can find places where you can see, and load in, two areas simultaneously. In Baldur Gate city it was a rock between the refugee camp and the bridge.
Hmm maybe that was it. The thing that made me think that it was stutter rather than FPS drops was that my FPS counter didn't really change, but it felt like sub-70 FPS.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This much concern makes me think the patch has a good chance of breaking the game in new and unexpected ways. Which is always a possibility in RPGs.

I sweat a few bullets every time I push through an update.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
This much concern makes me think the patch has a good chance of breaking the game in new and unexpected ways. Which is always a possibility in RPGs.

I sweat a few bullets every time I push through an update.
They are releasing on PlayStation and on Mac, probably the patch mostly contains fixes for these platforms and their specific interfaces.
Also it will include a way to change your character's appearance (but not origin characters, just Durge and Tav).
Other than that, 99% it will be the same kind of minor fixes we saw in earlier patches, and no major differences.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
But the writing is pretty shit after act 1 and the party members are pure shit.
Unfavorably comparing Baldur's Gate 3's writing to its peers: Solasta, WotR, Deadfire, etc, is pure cope. It can be lacking in scope (max lvl 12, not all subclasses and spells, not all enemy types), and maybe you prefer the other systems combat mechanically and tactically, but in terms of visual, audio and narrative presentation, and just having a meaningful interactive plot, BG3 is by far the better game.

"How do you I know you didn't play WOTR, the post."
Or you just have shit taste, which may be also be the case.

abija

Prophet
Input lag is always annoying, same as bad performance, even in tb.
Very low fps is barely an issue. Input lag is irrelevant. Just stop with the bullshit. You have to reach an absurd level of autism to complain about input lag in this game.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Uninstalled after Act 2, in which I already mostly alt-tabbed during the fights.
It's not a bad game - Act 1 really drew me in, but I got fatigued quickly in Act 2, especially that more issues started coming to the surface.
Of course I'm lying to myself, that I will eventually pick it up some day and finish the last part when they release the definitive edition patch or whatnot.
Feeling similar after just finishing Act 2 (that skeletor boss should have had many more hitpoints, by the way).

Oh, and the Duke of Baldur's Gate is a Somali, while Nightsong is a lesbo. Thanks Larian. At least that final boss girl looks like an interesting villain.

Vyvian

Educated
The fact that each patch seems to add or change major things puts me off investing time into playing through it even though I want to.
This is my first Larian patch cycle, I got into the Original Sin games after their respective Definitive Editions were released.

abija

Prophet
I don't value your hardcore coping.
I don't value edgy takes without experience. Do a poll... how many even thought about input lag in BG3 before that retard complained about it. I'd bet it wasn't even input lag, he's just confusing issues. There's autism, there's codex autism and somewhere light years ahead there's complaining about input lag in BG3.

Thanks Larian. At least that final boss girl looks like an interesting villain.
Seriously? I felt the whole experience drop of a cliff when those 2 muppets were introduced talking with Thorm.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Uninstalled after Act 2, in which I already mostly alt-tabbed during the fights.
It's not a bad game - Act 1 really drew me in, but I got fatigued quickly in Act 2, especially that more issues started coming to the surface.
Of course I'm lying to myself, that I will eventually pick it up some day and finish the last part when they release the definitive edition patch or whatnot.
Feeling similar after just finishing Act 2 (that skeletor boss should have had many more hitpoints, by the way).

Oh, and the Duke of Baldur's Gate is a Somali, while Nightsong is a lesbo. Thanks Larian. At least that final boss girl looks like an interesting villain.
We warned you.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Great idea let's kill the fun
Some codexers only enjoy the world when nobody has fun
That sentiment is not limited to Codexers:

:nofunallowed:
Somebody should replace Sawyer with Fedora's avatar (or if really mean his real face from one of the pics he posted)
Reminder that everything I predicted regarding the game turned out to be true.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom