Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haven't had time to play. Took a look at concurrent user data: 678k.

Dayum.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haven't hadxtime to play. Took a look at concurrent uswr: 678k.

Dayum.
Me neither. For some reason my body wanted to play Furi and I couldn't say no :smug:

I just arrived at the grove after losing a companion, seemingly forever :M
I put in a few hours in INSOMNIA, and beat Injustice 2.

I see that there is an eight character party mod.

All we need now is for it to properly work in MP.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Oy vey, the surfacers are stealing our secrets!

20230805214910_1.jpg

Elthosian

Arcane
Enticing but it might make things too easy
Yeah, I might do a 5 character party just to have some more variety, but the game doesn't seem overly hard so far even on Tactician. Worst thing that has happened to me is losing allied characters during fights but even that gets accounted for with some reactivity so I wouldn't enjoy just steamrolling through every encounter.

Btw, seems like the excitement about the game is getting to console players. The game made it to the top 2 pre-ordered titles in PSN and I'm hearing that some Xbox players are trying out WL3 and DOS2 in the meantime :M

O8QuJ5D.png

Last edited:

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Enticing but it might make things too easy
Yeah, I might do a 5 character party just to have some more variety, but the game doesn't seem overly hard so far even on Tactician. Worst thing that has happened to me is losing allied characters during fights but even that gets accounted for with some reactivity so I wouldn't enjoy just steamrolling through every encounter.

This was a problem in Solasta too. 4 character party is extremely limiting in D&D but an 8 character party is a cakewalk. My solution to this other than cranking up the difficulty was to take a very aggressive playstyle. Instead of being very thoughtful and strategic I would go balls out and that compensated for the added firepower of the other characters. YMMV of course but for me it was a nice tradeoff, especially so in BG3 where companions have interactivity. Solasta that was minimal at best by comparison.

Reinhardt

Arcane
btw anyone killed cambion in prologue on tactician? any gud loot? he bitchslaps our tentacled friend in 2, max 3 rounds.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's both kind of cool and kind of annoying that 90% of the people you do-gooder help in this game end up spitting in your face either because their situation after being helped is still shit or they just downright don't believe that someone would actually help them

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
btw anyone killed cambion in prologue on tactician? any gud loot? he bitchslaps our tentacled friend in 2, max 3 rounds.

You can use command spell on him to make him drop his weapon, then use it against him. I killed him in last sec before his other cambion buddies arrive. Mind flayer turns on you the moment he dies though. His sword is really good for starting area.

There are some barrels on that room for extra damage and you can use mage hand to throw him for extra shit. You can bufff with bless before fight and then refill that slot with restoration pod. Also there are lots of fiery surface that you can dip your weapon and shove cambion onto.

Reinhardt

Arcane

You can use command spell on him to make him drop his weapon, then use it against him. I killed him in last sec before his other cambion buddies arrive. Mind flayer turns on you the moment he dies though.
what is this "spell" thingy?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Going beyond a four-person party would absolutely trivialize the game.

Thinking of doing a solo run just because I hate how bad the pathfinding for companion AI is.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

You can use command spell on him to make him drop his weapon, then use it against him. I killed him in last sec before his other cambion buddies arrive. Mind flayer turns on you the moment he dies though.
what is this "spell" thingy?

Shadow comes with Command but unprepared.

gongal

Scholar
BG3_Gale_4.png

"Dude let me show you something amazing! Wow, you won't believe it wow"
"Ok..."

*turns into a gay cuddling cutscene*

Is this all there is to these garbage characters (and game)? Does Swenerino know about other things to human relationships than pounding dudes in the ass? Is this a common behavior in his household?

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I did, but it cost many reloads. Key for me was Bless on flayer, faerie fire on big guy and my Bard’s vicious mockery so he missed he flayer.

If you want the cheesy route you can use explody items

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Having the Lathander relic makes the undead area so much easier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom