Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Most woke part about this game is that you can't kill kids. So annoying.
I see the definition of woke is forever expanding.
But you pretty much have to kill kids. Goblin kids to save the druid, or thiefling kids to attack the camp. I literally pickpocketed a child while it was hypnotized by harpies songs. And you can throw children at people, since they are light enough.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
I see the definition of woke is forever expanding.
But you pretty much have to kill kids. Goblin kids to save the druid, or thiefling kids to attack the camp. I literally pickpocketed a child while it was hypnotized by harpies songs. And you can throw children at people, since they are light enough.
I see that rpgcodex is bad at recognizing sarcasm/irony as ever. Anyway I tried to kill the tiefling kids who robbed me but couldn't. They just walked around at 0 hp. Understandably it's just because they don't want their games to be banned for encouraging child murder. Can't wait for the child murder mod, though.

Kiste

Augur
btw anyone killed cambion in prologue on tactician? any gud loot? he bitchslaps our tentacled friend in 2, max 3 rounds.
Savescum a successful Shadowheart Command spell so he drops his sword then he will do a lot less any damage. Buff/heal the Mindflayer, until the combion is dead then crash the ship. Oh, and don't forget to grab the sword.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
The cinematic action packed opening probably did a lot to pull people into the game.

Pretty sure most of them will drop off because they couldn’t find the druid.

AndrewCC

Educated
i am enjoying the game so far but jesus, an AAA game with no UI scaling in the year of our lord 2023. i had to play in 1080p (playing on 55 inch TV on the couch since it's just better for my back) so the menu to be readable.

and say what you want about the style of solasta's Ui, that game has more polished UI than BG3, the same with the wrathfinder: kingmaker for their brilliant level up screen and progression sheet.
Yeah, wanted to play in 4k on my TV from the couch but text is unreadable. Had to go to full hd and sit in the armchair closer to the tv. Odd how much they invested in graphics and yet such an obvious basic functionality is missing
I think they expect you to play with a gamepad if you're playing in 4k on a TV the gamepad UI scales better.

Oh look.
The man who invented the worst attribute system in the history of gaming finds inspiration to maybe create something even worse.

:deadtroll:

Sawyer is just bitter in front of Baldur's Gate 3's colossal success. Pillars of Eternity was a dishonest cash grab, banking on people's nostalgia with its forgettable combat and hardly tactical gameplay. Its character system had small percentage increments to choose from, and the fantasy setting was generic and mundane. On the contrary, Baldur's Gate 3 is the opposite of this; it draws from classics, doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, and uses the 5E ruleset effectively. Larian Studios focuses on the important aspects, such as the great storytelling and truly tactical combat, which surpasses Baldur's Gate 2 and even Solasta since it prevents rest spamming in dungeons. I've always said that Larian is the new Blizzard, perfecting systems and paying attention to details. Features like dirt on blood or sweat on characters' faces aren't necessary but are nice touches. The game has extremely detailed backgrounds with numerous interactable items, reminiscent of the Ultima series, especially Ultima 6 and Ultima 7. Baldur's Gate 3 sets a new gold standard for RPGs, while Pillars of Eternity will be forgotten in the annals of rpg (or rpg games for some of you) history.

I like how we're ignoring history pretty much.
Pillars of Eternity, like it or not, is pretty much a direct contributor to BG3. If their Kickstarter didn't do amazing in 2012, Divinity Original Sin 1 probably wouldn't have gotten a chance on Kickstarter either, and Larian would probably not exist, or be a software company making accounting or PoS applications.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
wl1.png

Just sayin'

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
I thought that I could give my Barbarian a vagina was pretty woke

The cinematic action packed opening probably did a lot to pull people into the game.

Pretty sure most of them will drop off because they couldn’t find the druid.
Yea, or they are underleveled and get destroyed because zoomers don't know how to explore game maps. Lol.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I'm sure people who enjoy being around each other shooting the shit and throwing some dice are "asocial", while overproduced thots who demand full attention from the entire table for their every line and whine if things aren't going according to their expectations are very social and desirable gaming partners
I'm literally saying that pen and paper players are just ordinary people.

I think they expect you to play with a gamepad if you're playing in 4k on a TV the gamepad UI scales better.
The local coop system only works through dual gamepads. I can understand it I guess, even on an ultrawide monitor you'd be hard pressed to make the standard PC interface fit cleanly.

Controls are a big weird, but not abysmal. Think they could've made a bit more inherent logic to the radial system when they decided to rely so heavily on them. But maybe we'll see some refinements to it released as they get feedback and try to polish it up for the console releases.

Gregz

Arcane
I feel like a lot of people here miss how mainstream playing D&D is these days. It's really not niche, in fact because of the social element it's more "normie" than most gaming-related hobbies.
The takeover of tabletop gaming from earnest nerds by attention-addled thots and disgusting troons is one of the great tragedies of our time

c8e.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
why tf does girlscout karlach

disapprove of siding with the rebels against a psychopath drow who killed a svirfneblin in cold blood by comic book villaining her into lava???

:lol:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Also: SUPAR DUPAR SMARTS Tactician AI rangers attacking first THEN casting Hunter's Mark :happytrollboy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom