Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Now there's an interesting thing -- I killed Minthara in combat (my character, that is) and tried to use the Speak With The Dead ability on her corpse. Apparently, she recognized me as her killer and thus she won't speak with me.

It's even cooler, actually. Most enemies that actually have SWD interactions will actually talk to you if you use Disguise Self or similar, as then they don't recognize you.
Shadowheart has the spell, there's scrolls, and if you played the Early Access version, you have in your camp a helmet that gives you the spell.

ehm...not sure what you're replying to there buddy

edit: oh psa for cat headed i guess

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
MXuvLuc.jpg

I'm still faffing about in Act 1 for God's sake :shredder:
Me too. I blame myself for being a completionist. I could have moved on hours ago.

I've already slaughtered the druid grove, fought the hag and then gotten her to give me a stat boost, killed the owlbear and now I'm in the Underdark killing minotaurs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MXuvLuc.jpg

I'm still faffing about in Act 1 for God's sake :shredder:
Me too. I blame myself for being a completionist. I could have moved on hours ago.

I've already slaughtered the druid grove, fought the hag and then gotten her to give me a stat boost, killed the owlbear and now I'm in the Underdark killing minotaurs.

yeah that's where I was thinking I had to be nearing the end but... apparently not :hero:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Also said Obsidian "probably won't be making games like BG3 in the near future".

A broken man
That's a shame. Obsidian had the overall talent to do it, but not the direction. They like money and weird balance faggotry more than good writing or complex design.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
yeah that's where I was thinking I had to be nearing the end but... apparently not :hero:
Technically, you are nearing the end of ACT1 there. There's a way to move forward down there. Or you could take the overworld path, near the gith on the bridge.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Technically, you are nearing the end of ACT1 there. There's a way to move forward down there. Or you could take the overworld path, near the gith on the bridge.

There's an entire additional area called Grymforge with more content than the Underdark entrance itself.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The only marker I got to show I was entering Act 2 was a blink or miss it achievement popup.

At that point, why even bother setting up separate acts?

Also the entire quest in the underdark to

make some adamantine items was so not worth it since at that point you'll likely already have stuff pretty close to what you get out of the forge.

Good for selling and extra exp from killing mobs I guess.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Play Tyranny. They're capable of somewhat decent writing, featuring lots of stat checks. And they can do larger 3D games.

I think the most intimidating thing about BG3 for Sawyer is that it does both, and makes the plot more complex rather than less to compensate.

That and all the mocap being done and voice acting. Tyranny didn't have any of that. But I care more about story, dialog and gameplay more than mocap.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The only marker I got to show I was entering Act 2 was a blink or miss it achievement popup.

Reading is teh hard. You get a warning telling you to wrap things up in the current area.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Being one of the most jacked-off RPG designers around
No.

Josh Sawyer, you say?

Currently he's super mad because he attacked the ground and can't get used to the UI.

Man this game keeps on giving!

:love:

It must be awful to be Josh Sawyer right now. Being one of the most jacked-off RPG designers around and yet having had nothing to do with one of the best RPGs made in the last decade while his own projects in the same period were largely commercial flops.

He admitted on stream that deadfire is "probably just not a good of a game" as BG3.

Also says BG3 has good writing.

Josh, what are you doing man?

edit:

View attachment 39689

:P

Yeah I feel bad too because the chat keeps harping on how bad Deadfire did in sales.

LOL I feel bad for him honestly.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Reading is teh hard. You get a warning telling you to wrap things up in the current area.

Those don't mark the acts, just the map regions.

Also you can return to previous areas at any time. I haven't found out what actually changes if you leave. The timed quests fail maybe.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Those don't mark the acts, just the map regions.

Also you can return to previous areas at any time. I haven't found out what actually changes if you leave.
Eventually, old areas get closed off IIRC.

Things that change: druid grove especially, I would guess. The inn will likely have burned to the ground. The Zent will likely have moved on by then.

I don't think they really want to encourage you to go back a lot. There is no worldmap. They had one at one point during EA, but apparently, it was abandoned. Which, I guess makes sense, since the WM was originally meant stitch together all the BG1 areas that are already stitched together in BG3.

random_name

Novice
What's the point of having all these roll checks if you can just quick save and quick load at any time. You should either have the skill to do something or not.

I'm stopping myself from doing it and rolling with the outcomes but I feel like a moron

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
a bunch of char gen questions:

how different is it from solasta & dos2?

races matter little after i noticed they dont bring ability bonuses? wood elf movement appear is of notice

origin vs custom protag? In dos2 I played at first with dwarf origin and he was supposedly infamous for not being finished at launch, on other hand skelly had a lot. Is it strongly suggested to pick origin in here? Even worse since its apparently tied to class.

Will I be playing with 4 man party? Or is there something like lone wolf? At char gen i cant look up future choices. If there is a level cap then not playing with full party got no benefits besides bragging rights?

Is rogue able to cast from scrolls or nope like in solasta?

will going with harem party give me nightmares due to githyanki appearance? Will barbarian tiefling turn solasta tier ugly at one point?

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
Also said Obsidian "probably won't be making games like BG3 in the near future".
I'm sorry to hear this. I was just thinking Obsidian is fit for this kind of game. Is it the budget thing or what ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom