Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I played D:OS II as one of the companions (usually the dude with the wolf). Is that the intended way to play BG 3? Best way to get all the content?
Play how you want. Everything is intended. I've felt zero problems playing using a custom character.

It's probably best to use a custom character the first time through though, just to avoid spoiling the mystery for a companion. And to get "all content", I would guess a spell of disguise self could help regardless.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Note for the codex: so far I haven't encountered a single door or lock that can't be opened with lockpicks or Knock spell. Suck on this, Todd Howard.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Note for the codex: so far I haven't encountered a single door or lock that can't be opened with lockpicks or Knock spell.
Even the toll collector vault?

I think I've encountered two or three that couldn't be opened with lockpicks. Didn't try Knock.

Herumor

Scholar
I played D:OS II as one of the companions (usually the dude with the wolf). Is that the intended way to play BG 3? Best way to get all the content?
I think someone from Larian has gone on to say the best first playthrough would be with a custom character so you can experience exploring the origin characters from a different perspective and later on in your subsequent playthroughs when you play as one of them you can see how things go down from that end.

I'm playing as a custom character myself, a Lloth-Sworn Drow Druid, and it's been fun - there's a ton of reactivity from NPCs when playing as a Drow, even though I personally only chose it for the superior darkvision.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
So who's playing as the Dark Urge? And was it wisdom checks that prevent you from massacring everyone?

Also, do those who are playing prefer using karmic dice rolls or not?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
So who's playing as the Dark Urge? And was it wisdom checks that prevent you from massacring everyone?

Also, do those who are playing prefer using karmic dice rolls or not?

The checks are all over the place, don't expect to get them all. Off.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm playing as a custom character myself, a Lloth-Sworn Drow Druid, and it's been fun - there's a ton of reactivity from NPCs when playing as a Drow, even though I personally only chose it for the superior darkvision.
I'm also playing as a Drow and find it pretty disappointing. Plenty of people comment on your race, but no one refuses to talk to you, tries to kick you out of town, or treats you as kill on sight. Fantasy racism is truly dead and I hate it.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
so many butthurt pipo

Unlikable incels wasting their time with games they dont even like xD. That's the level of this shithole.

But I do like the fact that the vast majority of these well-behaved cucks paid full price to play the game. hehe imbecile idiotic mongoloids xD

Anyway, Larian and Owlcat are the biggest names in the crpg scene. Wrath of the Righteous and BG 3 are the best crpgs evah! They shit on your retarded classics xD

Now, back to gayme mkay!

:kfc:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Cutting Words was DAH MUDAFUCKING MVP of Grym fight. First challenging fight of the game outside of demon boy on nautiloid. Faithbreaker brought the pain.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
What's the point of having all these roll checks if you can just quick save and quick load at any time. You should either have the skill to do something or not.

I'm stopping myself from doing it and rolling with the outcomes but I feel like a moron
The alternative is console-style "save points."

No thank you.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just went through the Selune shrine twice, had two different conversations with Shadowheart, and hardly had more than one line repeated. Just because I chose to use an insight check the first time and a persuasion check the second time. The second time her wound activated and we got to discuss the wound as well as her worshipping Shar.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I just went through the Selune shrine twice, had two different conversations with Shadowheart, and hardly had more than one line repeated. Just because I chose to use an insight check the first time and a persuasion check the second time. The second time her wound activated and we got to discuss the wound as well as her worshipping Shar.

The flip side of this coolness is that I’ve had two of her dialogues repeat - they can trigger under different circumstances and one doesn’t cancel the other. As well, the impressive reactivity is also why companions can feel a bit schizo if they have a reactivity dialogue in one tone of voice and then suddenly activate another shortly thereafter in another.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Kind of surprised to hear they didn't deliver on the difficulty front. Sounds like they should have added a mode above Tactician. I'm alright playing it through with a somewhat decent challenge now, but will probably wait until a solid difficulty mod comes before doing a second run a year or two down the road. Still, kind of disappointing.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Cutting Words was DAH MUDAFUCKING MVP of Grym fight. First challenging fight of the game outside of demon boy on nautiloid. Faithbreaker brought the pain.
I don't think you are intended to actually deal damage to him in any direct way, but happy for you

Latro

Arcane
This game has 250k players on steam. Welp, that’s it for CRPGs. It’s officially gay.
:butthurt:

It's more than 700k now.

I'd also like to remind everyone that this is the retard who predicted that BG3 wil be "smashed" by Armored Core 6 because it does not "appeal to younger demographics", unlike the sixth entry in a 25 year old mecha game series.
If you thought this would break even 200k you’d be lying. But CRPGs are going the way of fighting games, dumbed down and full of tranny shit.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't think you are intended to actually deal damage to him in any direct way, but happy for you

Oh you can
crush him with the forge? coooool.
Didn't think of that at all. I was just happy something demanded my attention :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom