Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Also: SUPAR DUPAR SMARTS Tactician AI rangers attacking first THEN casting Hunter's Mark :happytrollboy:

The AI is dumber than the cow that just tried to fuck me.

Latro

Arcane
I feel like a lot of people here miss how mainstream playing D&D is these days. It's really not niche, in fact because of the social element it's more "normie" than most gaming-related hobbies.
The takeover of tabletop gaming from earnest nerds by attention-addled thots and disgusting troons is one of the great tragedies of our time

c8e.jpg
End stage is bg3 beating stuff like underrail with the power of trannies

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Now there's an interesting thing -- I killed Minthara in combat (my character, that is) and tried to use the Speak With The Dead ability on her corpse. Apparently, she recognized me as her killer and thus she won't speak with me.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Now there's an interesting thing -- I killed Minthara in combat (my character, that is) and tried to use the Speak With The Dead ability on her corpse. Apparently, she recognized me as her killer and thus she won't speak with me.

It's even cooler, actually. Most enemies that actually have SWD interactions will actually talk to you if you use Disguise Self or similar, as then they don't recognize you.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Most woke part about this game is that you can't kill kids. So annoying.
I see the definition of woke is forever expanding.

Yes, apparently not murdering children is now a cornerstone of woke ideology. Disgusting. It's almost as bad as homosexuality..
Not only the murdering, but also not murdering? It's almost like Marxist dialectics.

Ha, reminds me of the old joke: How many Zen masters does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Two: one to screw it in, the other to not screw it in.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I gotta say I hit a bit of a snag around the Goblin Camp because I kind of retardedly went along with what """people""" told me. A healthy dose of skepticism is very much needed, or everyone and their mother will take advantage of you. I do like how the game gets you out of seeming no-win situations though.

The progress you make does feel a bit all over the place however. You go to the swamp a bit, then you go elsewhere, fight some gnolls, whatever. It's not bad but it's a bit unfocused.

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
Josh Sawyer, you say?

Currently he's super mad because he attacked the ground and can't get used to the UI.

Man this game keeps on giving!

:love:

It must be awful to be Josh Sawyer right now. Being one of the most jacked-off RPG designers around and yet having had nothing to do with one of the best RPGs made in the last decade while his own projects in the same period were largely commercial flops.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Josh Sawyer, you say?

Currently he's super mad because he attacked the ground and can't get used to the UI.

Man this game keeps on giving!

:love:

It must be awful to be Josh Sawyer right now. Being one of the most jacked-off RPG designers around and yet having had nothing to do with one of the best RPGs made in the last decade while his own projects in the same period were largely commercial flops.

He admitted on stream that deadfire is "probably just not a good of a game" as BG3.

Also says BG3 has good writing.

Josh, what are you doing man?

edit:

1691268383341.png

:P

Yeah I feel bad too because the chat keeps harping on how bad Deadfire did in sales.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

It's even cooler, actually. Most enemies that actually have SWD interactions will actually talk to you if you use Disguise Self or similar, as then they don't recognize you.
Shadowheart has the spell, there's scrolls, and if you played the Early Access version, you have in your camp a helmet that gives you the spell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom