Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Larianshill

Arbiter
Wyll - haven't had him around much, but seems like the classic lawful neutral non-entity?
Wyll is very difficult to pinpoint, I'd argue true neutral. He strives to do good, but his morality is very dependent on what is convenient at the time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol. I spoke with that colleague of mine who wanted to do his first playthrough in single player. I ask him, how is it going, what are your impressions.

He replies "It's a bit annoying that you only have 1-2 attacks per turn. In D:OS I could do three. It's also a missing simulator, but the rest of it I like."

:avatard:

I'm pretty sure this is some scripting checks that need to be patched. I refuse to believe the game doesn't record it in the savegame if you've killed an npc as important as a party member.

Someone was saying some time ago, that he took Karlach to the party, and Wyll just acted like she isn't there.

Maybe both issues pertain to the same task, somewhere on a kanban board at Larian's office. :) But everyone is too drunk to work on it right now.
It's beyond me how this got past years of testing. I thought that the ability to kill anyone would be a real mechanic, not some meme shit for gamerbreaking runs. And I honestly went in thinking that I would play through the whole game. I just can't bear this shit. I can't play my character the way I wanted since no dialogue or quests reflect it.

Wiped the game off my disc because I just can't be bothered with this bullshit. Maybe in the future if they actually bother to fix these issues I will play it again.

Mortmal

Arcane
You can go there basically the moment you pass Waukeen's rest being level 3, or you can do it like me and exhaust a ton of bonus areas and go there at level 6.
Did the Act 2 achievement bug out for me? I got it way later, after the underdark.
The Underdark is a part of Act 1, and the fights are easier compared to some of the challenges you encounter in the northern regions of the map. It's something you should explore just after discovering the goblin camp or any of the 3 entry points. The order in which you should do things, especially during an evil playthrough with no guidance, is not very clear

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hey guys technical question here. My SSD is too limited to install the game.

Has anybody tried to play with the game installed on an HDD? Is it viable?

Thanks in advance.
I've seen some reviewers report they played with a HDD without an issue.

Renfri

Cipher
Some issues so far: several crashes, sometimes cutscenes dont play out like they should, some fights take really long cos so many trashy enemies, one quest didnt seem to want to work, but eventually did after trying just to later finding out quest giver was lying dead where I was supposed to meet him again, cba trying again. Otherwise game seems really nice, companions are less horny now in chapter 2.

Jaheira was so happy to join me after I fucked her friends over, made no sense, but she died in fight anyway and I cant ress her, cos she wasnt companion yet.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hey guys technical question here. My SSD is too limited to install the game.

Has anybody tried to play with the game installed on an HDD? Is it viable?

Thanks in advance.
It's viable. There's a special toggle available under 'video' settings to leverage more RAM usage to offload more disk usage.

Options > Video > Slow HDD mode.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Some issues so far: several crashes, sometimes cutscenes dont play out like they should, some fights take really long cos so many trashy enemies, one quest didnt seem to want to work, but eventually did after trying just to later finding out quest giver was lying dead where I was supposed to meet him again, cba trying again. Otherwise game seems really nice, companions are less horny now in chapter 2.
I crash several times a day, there's stuttering sometimes despite a very good GPU, and there's an annoying bug that gets Lae'zel stuck in the infinite dialogue sometimes if she picks locks. Which is a problem, because Lae'zel is my designated lockpicker.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I really haven't had any technical issues on my rather old machine: 4790k / 1080ti / 24 GB DDR3 / SATA3 SSD, Windows 10. Components from 2014-2017 :)

BTW, I some gnome just called me a bigot because I assumed he is coming from the Underdark, while in fact he was living in Baldur's Gate. The whole situation with saving him and then talking to him felt very BG.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
The game launched 1.0 with a giant early access version number on the top right corner of the screen that had to be removed with a hotfix. It's safe to assume a lot of interactions will be bugged for a while.
and that patch isn't even out for the gog version as far as I know

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I really haven't had any technical issues on my rather old machine: 4790k / 1080ti / 24 GB DDR3 / SATA3 SSD, Windows 10. Components from 2014-2017 :)

BTW, I some gnome just called me a bigot because I assumed he is coming from the Underdark, while in fact he was living in Baldur's Gate. The whole situation with saving him and then talking to him felt very BG.
Didn't something like that happen in BG2 in the tavern?

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
Residents of Baldur's Gate are natively called BiGots .

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Wyll is probably more towards good alignment
he turned hostile after I started killing thieflings with drow mommy

MerchantKing

Learned

You probably said something antinanatic and he was letting you know.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You and I played Arma 3 once, so if we can schedule some time for it, why not go for some smiting evil in tandem?

I play a white heterosexual (human) male Paladin of vengeance.

Also, I'm confirmed heterosexual IRL. So, nothing to worry about :lol:
Sure, we can try. I assume new characters then? Will keep my flamboyant wizard solo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom