Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Mortmal

Arcane
Anyone know

how to take Lae'zel to the inquisitor? Can't find him anywhere in the Creche

Only way is to first give the artifact to the captain, i know it's counterintuitive and sounds a very bad idea yet its mandatory to the story , then only you can access the part behind the force field. There's also a very good artefact to find past them if you did lathander's blood quest, also the only way to get it

Larianshill

Arbiter
”I’d suck a bear off to protect the children!!!” - average larian fanboy
Say what you want, that doesn't change the fact that a lot of the shit coming from East Asia is undeniably pedo coded. Screeching about degeneracy in Western games while at the same time extolling creepy-ass Japs shit takes a lot of mental gymnastics.
You think the natural attraction to youthful traits
I have never felt the desire to fuck a child in my life. I think you just might be a pedo.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Anyone know

Only way is to first give the artifact to the captain, i know it's counterintuitive and sounds a very bad idea yet its mandatory to the story , then only you can access the part behind the foirce field. There's also a very good artefact to find past them if you did lathander's blood quest, also the only way to get it

Weird design.

Elthosian

Arcane
Say what you want, that doesn't change the fact that a lot of the shit coming from East Asia is undeniably pedo coded. Screeching about degeneracy in Western games while at the same time extolling creepy-ass Japs shit takes a lot of mental gymnastics.
You think the natural attraction to youthful traits in females that comes from the lizard brain is le bad because you've been successfully brainwashed into thinking anything below 18 (or even a large age gap between two adults) is "pedophilia", and that fucking an animal, a homo, or a tranny is more acceptable content.
You, my friend, are retard coded.
Nah m8, there’s a difference between busty 16 years old characters and 1.1m tall girls that look like they’re 10. I certainly wouldn’t let any lolicon enthusiast close to a kid. Fuck off.

Mortmal

Arcane
Anyone know

Only way is to first give the artifact to the captain, i know it's counterintuitive and sounds a very bad idea yet its mandatory to the story , then only you can access the part behind the foirce field. There's also a very good artefact to find past them if you did lathander's blood quest, also the only way to get it

Weird design.
Yes unless there's another way to bypass the forcefield , but i havent found yet.

Lemming42

Arcane
Is there something I'm meant to do with that container of tadpoles on the docks of Moonrise Towers? I wanted to genocide them so I just put the barrel down and had Karlach shove it into the ocean but the game didn't seem to acknowledge it, other than spawning two tadpole bottles on the ground. Just wondering if I should have hung onto the container for later.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
You have a chest in your camp, you can drop stuff there. And you're going to have a ton of junk too. Items as well.
Listen of these wise words and taste the freedom they bring you: the only chest you need...is yourself. Embrace the infinite inventory. Amen!
fvwFle.jpg

Kiste

Augur
You think the natural attraction to youthful traits in females that comes from the lizard brain is le bad because you've been successfully brainwashed into thinking anything below 18 (or even a large age gap between two adults) is "pedophilia", and that fucking an animal, a homo, or a tranny is more acceptable content.
Fuck you and your weeb Japs shit. You should all be gassed, you fucking pedo freaks. Something that looks like an 8-year-old child with tits and is suppsedly a 118 year-old android? Yeah, that's pedo coded and not mere "attraction to youthful traits". That's a good one, by the way. I am sure "girl lovers" all over the world use similar phrases, you sick fuck.

Elthosian

Arcane
Well, some people here loved the popamole shitfest that is FFXVI just because it didn’t have any diversity. At least the haters in this thread make excellent points about simplified or streamlined mechanics :salute:

Gerrard

Arcane
You think the natural attraction to youthful traits
I have never felt the desire to fuck a child in my life. I think you just might be a pedo.
You only ever feel the desire to fuck women who already shows signs of getting old? I think you just might be a homo in denial.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I seem the one who have played the least since release.

I reached the Hag at level 3.

I took the Ability Score +1

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bah, I will have to reload, and kill her. I can't even escape from that window. I'll forgo that AB+1.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus Christ I made the mistake of booting up the game again to meet yet another bullcrap within 2 minutes of playing. I've literally butchered Astarion on the spot and yet when some guy who's hunting him asks me about him, all of the fucking options assume he is in my party.
Just encountered the same guy. Yep, I'm willing to bet this is a bug. :)

BTW the guy is obvioulsy a Van Helsing nod, down to the crossbow.

I hope the bug doesn't break a quest.

Jesus Christ I made the mistake of booting up the game again to meet yet another bullcrap within 2 minutes of playing. I've literally butchered Astarion on the spot and yet when some guy who's hunting him asks me about him, all of the fucking options assume he is in my party.
Just encountered the same guy. Yep, I'm willing to bet this is a bug. :)
I would certainly hope so. I mean there is even a dialogue option on the beach to tell Astarion that you aren't gonna travel with him, so the game should count with that at the very least.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Whoa there friendo, yes it's true that attraction to youthful traits is hard-coded in males, but clearly, being a natural trait, a) it's variable in terms of how young the attraction is - i.e. it will have some kind of distribution curve, average and outliers, and b) normally it's balanced with other elements of attraction (e.g. whether the female is mature enough and amiable enough to have and raise children).

The upshot being that if one's range-of-attraction dips right into pre-pubescence, then while from a naturalistic/materialistic point of view it's just an RNG random variation in a trait, from a human point of view (which includes the necessity for an ordered, functional society) it's clearly a trait that's out of kilter with human social and other requirements (e.g. the well-being of children) and has to be socially ostracized.

In further news, really enjoyed the Anders fight - against lvl 3s he's no joke with his bastard lvl 5 extra attack, self-heals, etc., he hits like a truck and his friends can do some annoying things too. I tried several ways of beating him and his cronies - including sneaking and surprising, appearing via different ways. All quick wipes. Turns out the straightforward method of going in the main door and having a conversation is the easiest way, because the positioning assigned to your characters after the conversation enables your guys to focus him down in a couple of turns (at the cost of one downed character in my case), then the rest are easy to mop up.

Positioning, positioning and positioning. And random positioning assigned by the developers after conversations can be really tricky sometimes.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Finally onwards to Act 2. I'm fairly confident I missed a few things, so there's probably even more XP to claim. I didn't murderhobo either, though I did end up murdering more than I planned to, 1) because you can't kill all three leaders stealthily (hobgobbo will turn every1 hostile no matter what) and 2) because of the Creche (which I thought was poorly executed as a story beat compared to everything else so far, very messy and only a single way to further the quest,
which includes turning the entire creche hostile
).

pzl8wjS.jpg

Seems kind of shitty to be level 7 with two acts ahead of me in a 12-cap game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom