Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lemming42

Arcane
you can't kill all three leaders stealthily (hobgobbo will turn every1 hostile no matter what)
1) Break the wall to the temple from the outside, where the drunk guys are sleeping (you generally have to knock the drunks out first)
2) Send your best stealth character in through the hole, and have them sneak along the rafters until they're overlooking the warlord
3) Send your best melee fighter in the normal way. Knock the two merchants on the platform out when the goblins aren't looking, then steal their explosive barrels (or just get a load of barrels from the secret room).
4) Place two barrels next to the warlord, on his right-hand side.
5) Have the entire party except for the stealth character leave and wait outside the hole in the wall.
6) Have stealth character detonate the barrels. Warlord is either killed in the blast or thrown down the nearby chasm.
7) The goblins freak out, but can't see you yet. Sneak away fast before they come up to investigate, then leap from rafter to rafter until you're back at the hole in the wall - there are no guards directly in your way
8) Rejoin the rest of the party and escape up the side of the cliffs.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There are places around the windmill where you can hear the ambient sound of it working even when you've stopped it :)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
you can't kill all three leaders stealthily (hobgobbo will turn every1 hostile no matter what)
1) Break the wall to the temple from the outside, where the drunk guys are sleeping (you generally have to knock the drunks out first)
2) Send your best stealth character in through the hole, and have them sneak along the rafters until they're overlooking the warlord
3) Send your best melee fighter in the normal way. Knock the two merchants on the platform out when the goblins aren't looking, then steal their explosive barrels (or just get a load of barrels from the secret room).
4) Place two barrels next to the warlord, on his right-hand side.
5) Have the entire party except for the stealth character leave and wait outside the hole in the wall.
6) Have stealth character detonate the barrels. Warlord is either killed in the blast or thrown down the nearby chasm.
7) The goblins freak out, but can't see you yet. Sneak away fast before they come up to investigate, then leap from rafter to rafter until you're back at the hole in the wall - there are no guards directly in your way
8) Rejoin the rest of the party and escape up the side of the cliffs.

Everyone will still turn hostile. There are other ways than what you describe to avoid fighting them - but they will all turn hostile. At least I experimented a ton with all sorts of things, including summoning the spectator beholder and just running for it, and hostile they did turn.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
I seem the one who have played the least since release.

I reached the Hag at level 3.

I took the Ability Score +1
Same here. Just 25 hours and I'm just getting into the swamps.
I'm 10 hours in, explored like half the grove and then went to the ruins near the beginning :M not the only game I'm playing right now, to be fair.
Same, alternating between BG3 and JA3, sprinkled in with my GaaS mainstays (DIV2/Riders Republic).

Though taking time off work this week so bulk of it will be on BG3.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Welp, I couldn't figure out how to

get the Blood of Lathander

so I cheated and looked up a guide just to see what I would be missing on for the rest of the playthrough and

whoever said this game doesn't have BG caliber insane items were clearly high on crack :lol: :lol:

too bad I won't be able to use it this playthrough, but with the lackluster difficulty it's probably for the best.

Perkel

Arcane
This will be fun to play with other codexers, but we should finish it alone first. Coop will be chaotic as I imagine all of us will be trying to fuck everything up

Playing ATM with friend completely blind. Best experience ever. PnP by definition was made for coop.

Yosharian

Arcane

so I cheated and looked up a guide just to see what I would be missing on for the rest of the playthrough and

whoever said this game doesn't have BG caliber insane items were clearly high on crack :lol: :lol:

too bad I won't be able to use it this playthrough, but with the lackluster difficulty it's probably for the best.
Have you seen the legendary caster quarterstaff? Fucking insane dude

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Have you seen the legendary caster quarterstaff? Fucking insane dude

Nope. I've found some good stuff but nothing on BoL-level.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Preparing to murderhobo the goblin camp. No evil creature shall be spared. The music is pumping me up too. Great music and tunes in just in the right moments.

It's quite a pretty game if you get the camera to stay right:
H89DNwg.jpg

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm just up to the boss for act 2. But I think I'm going to soften it up a bit because everyone who is alive comes for the final battle.

Time for some stealth archery. Also Elixirs super OP.

turkishronin

Arcane
”I’d suck a bear off to protect the children!!!” - average larian fanboy
Say what you want, that doesn't change the fact that a lot of the shit coming from East Asia is undeniably pedo coded. Screeching about degeneracy in Western games while at the same time extolling creepy-ass Japs shit takes a lot of mental gymnastics.
You think the natural attraction to youthful traits
I have never felt the desire to fuck a child in my life. I think you just might be a pedo.
Lolicon content is niche in Japan while it explodes in popularity whenever they get a translation. Really makes you think.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
durge update Barbarian

where did you get your info from? I'm now into Act 2 and have had no Wisdom saves, no rampaging, killing of romance/companions etc. It seems your info was faulty.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wyll - haven't had him around much, but seems like the classic lawful neutral non-entity?
Wyll is very difficult to pinpoint, I'd argue true neutral. He strives to do good, but his morality is very dependent on what is convenient at the time.
The morality in this game is very millennial. Each character is either good or a stereotypical villain and evil for no reason. Shades of grey don't exist and it's always very apparent what the correct decision is.

Lemming42

Arcane
Interesting strat I just chanced upon for the fight against Balthazar:
If you cast the laughing spell on him, it stops the usual cutscene from triggering as you approach. You can then use any stunning attacks you have on him and have your entire party kill him before his first turn, which prevents the entire undead army from spawning.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Just found Gandrel the monster hunter.
Handed the vampire scum over. Watching him get confused, before being king hit and dragged off was more satisfying than killing him :lol:

Larianshill

Arbiter
Just found Gandrel the monster hunter.
Handed the vampire scum over. Watching him get confused, before being king hit and dragged off was more satisfying than killing him :lol:
I don't know...
dAH6U9d.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom