Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Shaki

Arbiter
Wrath of the Righteous is the better game
Wrath has no redeeming qualities unless you're a low functioning build autist
RPGs are about builds the more you build the more RPGer it is.
Infinitron take
Infinitron take would be "RPGs are about marketing budget, the more they paid me the, the RPGer it is"

DeepOcean

Arcane
Some undead dude comes from a random sarcophagus inside a crypt and ask "What is the meaning of one life?"

I ask him: WTF is that shit?

He tells me: It is super important, now answer me!

Okay:

Everyone has equal value... nah, that sounds too hippie.
Every life is worthy dying for... nah, I know quite a few people I would throw from an helicopter, so nah.
Depends on the human... sounds alright.

Then he tells me:
"Okay, how gonna you judge?"

Me preparing to defend my point...

Then, instead:
Whatever, okay, now I'm a vendor on your camp... please hire hirelings and respec with me.

Okay game... you botched the Planescape Torment moment game, you botched it.

KevinV12000

Arcane
I'd appreciate opinions on this opinion of a good friend, a real old-school gamer guy.

I’m also enjoying BG3, though I could do with less cutscenes with everyone holding their hands to their temple while squinting. I went with Gale, and am currently having Astarion, Shadowheart and Karlach alongside. I’ve been finding that I absolutely need a rogue, despite the fact that he’s hard to keep happy. I’m thinking of switching out the cleric for either Wyll or Lae’zel, though. The thing is when I need the cleric, I really need her; otherwise her place in the combat queue is largely a waste of time. I did find out, however, that her illusion divine ability that gives folks advantage within 3 meters is a huge difference maker in combat.

I made it a point never to play past the druid grove in early access, so, thankfully, all of this is new to me. They also changed a lot of the early stages, which was a nice surprise. I’m still a bit confused as to whether I should be fighting the goblins, trying to command them, or just avoid them, which bugs me. Like at the deep gnome watermill thing, avoiding the fight is pretty easy, but the old DnD player in me is very uncomfortable with leaving a goblin force at my back. But, on the other hand, if I go 100% goblin-death, am I going to walk into a situation later one where there are 250 of them at the keep, all hostile? It’s realistic—how would you know if you were really there?—but at the same time a bit frustrating.

I think a better CRPG design decision would be to make the early stage of the game revolve around 3-5 related quests and not, as here, 20. Like with Cyberpunk, I’m finding it a bit overwhelming. Maybe this is just me, though. I try not to meta-game and play as if I was in the shoes of my PC, but with BG3 this is especially difficult.

I also think that Gale’s arcane hunger mechanic is broken. He never seems to actually suffer the condition, even though the journal has been updated to reflect it’s time to eat another magic item. Are you familiar with the similar hunger mechanic is Mask of the Betrayer? There, I felt under pressure, the clock was ticking, it was anxiety-making. Here, it’s just, I don’t know, a gimmick that is negligible, especially considering the large number of very minorly enchanted items set along your path.

Kiste

Augur
I think seeing 1000 pages of:

- "GAME HAS TOO MUCH FAGGOT NIGGER TRANNY"
- "NO, ACTUALLY YOU CAN KILL FAGGOT NIGGER TRANNY SO ITS GOOD"
- "BUT GAME STILL HAS TOO MUCH FAGGOT NIGGER TRANNY"
- "BUT OTHER GAME HAD MORE FAGGOT NIGGER TRANNY AND YOU LIKED IT"

in a loop, would be a bigger problem.
0d2d202904d824b8118b6bkcob.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
JFC this game is going to traumatize me fr.

After visiting squidface's old hideout, get summoned to his dreamland.
Blablabla.
"What surprises me is how much i’ve come to enjoy your mind and company."
Me: no not you too, no wtf no cmon this can't be happening no wtf no
“I think of you as a good friend….and something more? ;)

This game's writing is like if horny pansexual zoomers wrote the marvel movies with D&D mythology.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
TIL I learned that Swen Vincke has a 17 year old son: https://www.pcgamer.com/dad-people-...-ready-for-the-bear-sex-scene-to-go-so-viral/

"The bear's obviously a druid, and he has a story. He's been around for hundreds of years. He's lived with bears for part of his life also, so that's where the bear thing comes from. It's interesting when you start thinking about it, what it meant for him living with bears, right? Because there's also horny bears in the world."
I really don't think that implying Halsin has sex with actual bears while in bear form is going to help calm down the zoophilia accusers

TIL I learned that Swen Vincke has a 17 year old son: https://www.pcgamer.com/dad-people-...-ready-for-the-bear-sex-scene-to-go-so-viral/

"The bear's obviously a druid, and he has a story. He's been around for hundreds of years. He's lived with bears for part of his life also, so that's where the bear thing comes from. It's interesting when you start thinking about it, what it meant for him living with bears, right? Because there's also horny bears in the world."
I really don't think that implying that Halsin has sex with actual bears while in bear form is going to help calm down the zoophilia accusers
You are now realizing why druids can shapeshift

DeepOcean

Arcane

I really don't think that implying that Halsin has sex with actual bears while in bear form is going to help calm down the zoophilia accusers
I find this mental process very amusing, of all things he can think about bears, the first thing that comes to mind is that they are horny.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
I've played for a bit on tactician and so far I think Wrath of the Righteous is the better game. BG3 is decent, I guess, but I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about. There is nothing new or special about this game and it doesn't captivate me very much either.

...but I do feel like playing some more instead of uninstalling, so that is not a bad sign.

:swen:

Be careful Kamerad, this is how (((they))) get you.

"It sucks, but I just play a litte bit more."

"Trannyfinder is way better, but somehow exploration is fun."

"Everyone is gay, but I will check out the next area."

"Tieflings are niggers, but I can kill them. Not bad."

"I can become the Führer of Baldurs Gate? Great game, 10/10"

DeepOcean

Arcane
To be honest with you, the more I play, the gay shit is the least of the problems the writing has, trying to engage Marvel and Critical Role on "Who is the coolest?" contest is far the worst. At least the most offensive gay shit is avoidable for the most part but boy, game, tone down a little.

I'm walking on the middle of the road, then out of nowhere a devil teleports me, do a "cool" fourth wall break villain monologue cleary intended for the player that feels like a disjointed "cool" piece then when I say no to his proposal, I come back to killing globins. I was there confused, sure, the voice acting and animations were top notched for a cRPG standard but it felt confusing as hell.

Last edited:

EvilWolf

Learned
I've played for a bit on tactician and so far I think Wrath of the Righteous is the better game. BG3 is decent, I guess, but I honestly don't get what all the fuss is about. There is nothing new or special about this game and it doesn't captivate me very much either.

...but I do feel like playing some more instead of uninstalling, so that is not a bad sign.

:swen:

Be careful Kamerad, this is how (((they))) get you.

"It sucks, but I just play a litte bit more."

"Trannyfinder is way better, but somehow exploration is fun."

"Everyone is gay, but I will check out the next area."

"Tieflings are niggers, but I can kill them. Not bad."

"I can become the Führer of Baldurs Gate? Great game, 10/10"
The time for talking is past. There is only one thing left to say, fellow Torilians: Deus Vult!

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
There is a little room with memorabilia for some of the henchmen from BG2 during Minsc quest. One of them is a dried turnip.

Christ, the rate at which some of you are tearing through this makes me realize how much of a filthy casual I really am by comparison.

I'm only at a point where I've done everything (well, as much as I could find) on the first map except for the hag.

Some of you must be literally caked in Cheeto dust :)
I haven't even finished the crypt. Get on my level

Reinhardt

Arcane
If rolling dice game sells bilions and gets highest scores then does it mean that codex is and always was mainstream and rest were grognardz ?

:philosoraptor:
Imagine if normie zoomers new to the RPGs, will actually go search for the forum about the genre after liking BG3, and somehow land here :lol: It will scar them for life
why? pipo here like disco furry and twitcher and skyrim and other such rpg games like everywhere else.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
They should bring back the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity so that our giant harem can be entirely heterosexual
People who played early access get Fane's mask from DOS2 in their camp, you can use it to disguise yourself to any race-body type.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom