Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Dual wield non light weapons... which is useless for rogue. And? There is a 3rd effect?
No it's not, it lets you dw rapiers as a rogue.

Not worth a feat bro. Dual wielding short swords and daggers is fine. Biggest chunk of your damage output will be sneak damage anyway.

Only big swords, barbarian bro.

I still miss separate feat for axes and malets.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Kem0sabe, as predicted, this thread seems to sort of be spiraling out of control, likely not at all what you originally meant it to be.

Do you want it frozen, nuked, or just let it continue?

Saravan

Savant
How is it spiralling out of control lol? Seems to me most people are talking about builds for the game.

Barbarian

Arcane
When you multiclass do you gain skill proficiencies? E.g: If I multiclass rogue to fighter will I get to pick 2 skill proficiencies as a level 1 fighter would.

I know the attribute saving throw proficiencies are not gained.

Assassin with two levels of fighter seems worthwhile for the fighting style feat and action surge. Two extra skills would be a little bonus. Multiclassing itself would be a way to make your mainchar a skill mule.

jackofshadows

Magister
Assassin with two levels of fighter seems worthwhile for the fighting style feat and action surge. Two extra skills would be a little bonus.
Yeah but then you might as well take another two and get ASI/maneuveres from battle master. Not sure about skills. If yes then the meme 12 multi class will have them all which isn't op though.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
K4femZe.png

but bg3 might change some more multiclassing features (such as already removed attribute requirements)
also because of subclasses you might gain some more stuff that are not listed here

Saravan

Savant
K4femZe.png

but bg3 might change some more multiclassing features (such as already removed attribute requirements)
also because of subclasses you might gain some more stuff that are not listed here
This doesn’t account for proficiencies gained by race pick. As you know the 2/1 floating ASI was “compensated” by Larian with bullshit proficiencies for humans and half-elves. However, the free shield proficiency for half-elves might be useful for some CHA builds and wizards as BG3 ruleset doesn’t require components to cast spells.

Barbarian

Arcane
I see. So only Rogue, Bard and Ranger multiclassing provides new skill prof. And only 1.

Lame.

Assassin with two levels of fighter seems worthwhile for the fighting style feat and action surge. Two extra skills would be a little bonus.
Yeah but then you might as well take another two and get ASI/maneuveres from battle master. Not sure about skills. If yes then the meme 12 multi class will have them all which isn't op though.

Assassin gives you guaranteed crit + sneak on surprised enemies. Action surge even though limited use would allow you to reliably wipe out 2-3 enemies or maybe even kill bosses on the first round. 2 level dip is much cheaper than 5 levels for the extra attack. You still get 10 levels for stronger sneak attack, uncanny dodge, evasion and whatever they come up for 9th level assassin.

Two weapon fighting style lets you add your attribute and proficiency bonus to offhand attacks right? Also pretty good. Ranger also gets it but no action surge.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
K4femZe.png

This doesn’t account for proficiencies gained by race pick. As you know the 2/1 floating ASI was “compensated” by Larian with bullshit proficiencies for humans and half-elves. However, the free shield proficiency for half-elves might be useful for some CHA builds and wizards as BG3 ruleset doesn’t require components to cast spells.
yeah I used that to answer multiclassing proficiency question

Barbarian

Arcane
Is there anyway to sneak attack with offhand weapon? I assume two weapon fighting style doesn't add that(at least there is no mention of it)

Barbarian

Arcane

Damn it you are right. I thought ASI/feats were related to character level and not class level, just as in older D&D or pathfinder. So say a level 3 fighter/level 3 rogue would have no ASI/feat as opposed to a level 4 rogue(who would receive one at level 4). Do I understand it right?

So I would need at least 4 levels of fighter to have 3 asi/feats at level 12 cap.

Battle master seems ok but seems most maneuvers require strenght, and the rogue is a full dex build. The announced champion kit sounds good for improved critical(crits on 19 rolls instead of 20).

So Level 8 assassin + level 4 fighter champion dip for fighting style, action surge, improved crit and feat. Level 8 fighter + level 4 assassin would get me 4 feats instead of 3(fighter gets an extra at level 6) + extra attack, but my sneak attack would be a weak 2d6.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
the more I try to figure out multiclassing melee builds the better pure fighter looks to me
third attack lvl 11 + 4 feats/ASI + all battle master stuff is probably wonderful

Saravan

Savant
the more I try to figure out multiclassing melee builds the better pure fighter looks to me
third attack lvl 11 + 4 feats/ASI + all battle master stuff is probably wonderful
Pure fighter human male master race represent.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
You can never go wrong with fighter, its basically the baseline for most RPGs

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
mages are useful as human flamethrowers, but keeping them alive for the first levels is always a pain in the butt
You should be thankful for the privilege!

(Besides for the sake of the environmental interactions you'd miss out on a lot of utility without a mage of some sort.)

A mage is like a carrying an egg around for half the game with the promise that at one point or another his chain-lightning won't jump to the rest of the party members, and the DM has to stop describing how every monster dies.
Good, it'll teach you to appreciate the trials and challenges of childbearing!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom