Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Salvo

Arcane
Spirit Guardians still OP confirmed. It's a higher damaging Cloud of Daggers that only hurts enemies and applies to everyone your Cleric runs past. What's not to love
Not a surprise, it's one of the highest rated spells for a reason.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Also "Resilient: Constitution" will be a good pickup for most casters, incentivizing odd Con

Salvo

Arcane
Why is it that I have more fun discussing games than actually playing them?:negative:

MerchantKing

Learned
I just discovered a game breaking tip. The most powerful strategy

is to uninstall the game and play a good game instead.

Salvo

Arcane
Some Feats seem absolutely huegstrong, like Tavern Brawler for a STR based monk.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Some Feats seem absolutely huegstrong, like Tavern Brawler for a STR based monk.

Tavern Brawler would be worth it even for the strength doubling alone, but hilariously it ALSO gives +1STR or DEX even though it isn't documented. By far the most overpowered feat available.

Yosharian

Arcane
Isn't Cutting Words supposed to penalise enemy saving throws? It states that it penalises Ability Checks in the description.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Isn't Cutting Words supposed to penalise enemy saving throws? It states that it penalises Ability Checks in the description.

It's just bad wording. You can use it as a rection when an enemy clears a save by 6 or less. It's extremely fun for DC casting. Feels like I'm getting revenge for all the times my table's bard did it against my mobs.

Yosharian

Arcane

It's just bad wording. You can use it as a rection when an enemy clears a save by 6 or less. It's extremely fun for DC casting. Feels like I'm getting revenge for all the times my table's bard did it against my mobs.
That's pretty cool, alright. Hmm.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

That's pretty cool, alright. Hmm.

I hear there are mucho build enabling items in act 2 though, so we'll prolly all be respeccing anyway :D

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
returning pike after throwing it from inventory replaces main melee weapon :argh: pretty much useless item

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Seems like Haste is still estupido, Yosharian

nrnYj11.png

I like what they did to Call Lightning though. It's still crap, but at least it's less crap than before :D

No Eldritch Blast on Magical Secrets is :rpgcodex: Vicious Mockery is great, but my spellcaster Bard having no reliable autoattack is getting old. Guess 1 level in lock is the answer, but I don't want to delay spell levels :negative:

On the flip side, Counterspell, Haste and Spirit Guardians are all in. So the Lock level is probably better in any case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom