Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
What are optimal stats for gnome sorc? Default or?

They probably aren't too far off, and remember that
kicking the Hag's ass to low HP will give you a +1 to ability of your choice.

Yosharian

Arcane
Seems like Haste is still estupido, Yosharian

nrnYj11.png

I like what they did to Call Lightning though. It's still crap, but at least it's less crap than before :D

No Eldritch Blast on Magical Secrets is :rpgcodex: Vicious Mockery is great, but my spellcaster Bard having no reliable autoattack is getting old. Guess 1 level in lock is the answer, but I don't want to delay spell levels :negative:

On the flip side, Counterspell, Haste and Spirit Guardians are all in. So the Lock level is probably better in any case.
Yeah Haste is still fucking bonkers. It kind of makes Twinned Haste mandatory for any optimised party. Which is ridiculous.

Edit: well, maybe I overstated that a bit. There are other extremely strong options for arcane concentration.

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
https://old.reddit.com/r/BG3Builds/comments/15j83ke/psa_wizard_spellslots_multiclassing_and_spell/

Wizards seem to be able to scribe any wizard spell to their known spells that they have a spell slot for, regardless of their wizard level.
For example: a level 5 bard has 3rd level wizard spells (and therefore spell slots), if you then take a level in wizard, you can learn third level spells such as fireball.
This, for some reason, makes wizard one of the most powerful single dips in the game for any full caster that has universal spell slot scaling

:abyssgazer:why larian why

also more 5e changes:
https://old.reddit.com/r/BG3Builds/comments/15jiu0k/heres_a_list_of_all_the_changes_larian_made_to/

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
https://old.reddit.com/r/BG3Builds/comments/15j83ke/psa_wizard_spellslots_multiclassing_and_spell/

Wizards seem to be able to scribe any wizard spell to their known spells that they have a spell slot for, regardless of their wizard level.
For example: a level 5 bard has 3rd level wizard spells (and therefore spell slots), if you then take a level in wizard, you can learn third level spells such as fireball.
This, for some reason, makes wizard one of the most powerful single dips in the game for any full caster that has universal spell slot scaling

:abyssgazer:why larian why

also more 5e changes:
https://old.reddit.com/r/BG3Builds/comments/15jiu0k/heres_a_list_of_all_the_changes_larian_made_to/

magical secrets is a joke then :lol:

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah it's completely broken. A cleric can dip Wizard and be able to cast every Wizard spell in the game. Lol. I'm not even sure if this is intended and that's absurd that I can say that but this is Larian we are talking about

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah it's completely broken. A cleric can dip Wizard and be able to cast every Wizard spell in the game. Lol. I'm not even sure if this is intended and that's absurd that I can say that but this is Larian we are talking about

With all the other completely asinine crazy shit going on with the rules implementation, I wouldn't bat an eye if it's intended.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
other thread is useless

is rogue falling behind damage wise late levels like in solasta?

is polearm master + sentinel as good as it sounds? Can it deny melee boss its turns? Is it basically aod spearman experience?

can rogue execute 2 sneak attacks, provided 2nd one comes from opportunity?

few more questions:
can paladin add smite on opportunity, like in solasta?

If caster bard grabs eldritich blast from warlock initiate feat, will it out damage any attack action like bow or something?

Anyone figured out ideal bard splash? 2 pally/*bard appear to be quite juicy for little splash.

Above questions do sort of play with my/stolen old build ideas like dazzling display thug/bard in pathfinder, clr/pally/bard in nwn and spearman in aod

Barbarian

Arcane

nrnYj11.png

I like what they did to Call Lightning though. It's still crap, but at least it's less crap than before :D

No Eldritch Blast on Magical Secrets is :rpgcodex: Vicious Mockery is great, but my spellcaster Bard having no reliable autoattack is getting old. Guess 1 level in lock is the answer, but I don't want to delay spell levels :negative:

On the flip side, Counterspell, Haste and Spirit Guardians are all in. So the Lock level is probably better in any case.
Isn't potion of speed more powerful than haste? Drink as bonus action, no concentration check... only lasts fewer rounds

AshenNedra

Educated
Hey guys technical question here. My SSD is too limited to install the game.

Has anybody tried to play with the game installed on an HDD? Is it viable?

Thanks in advance.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

nrnYj11.png

Isn't potion of speed more powerful than haste? Drink as bonus action, no concentration check... only lasts fewer rounds
you can also throw these so full party haste with 1 action point if you position party correctly

Yosharian

Arcane
Yikes

Bless from the staff in Arcane Tower doesn't require concentration. That is SICK
Wait what. Can you be more specific?

Just a staff that grants an improved version of Bless but doesn't require Concentration.
Yes, what is called lol

I've seen a similar staff and want to check if it's the one I'm thinking of

I had no idea it didn't require concentration

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom